Brunei heads back to the 7th century

Oxx

Next month Brunei introduces stoning for gay people in line with the teachings of Islam, The Religion of Peace.

To be fair, this isn't only targeting homosexuals.  Stoning to death is also the prescription for adulterers and rapists.

I guess I won't be going on holiday to Brunei any time soon.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-brunei-lgbt-laws/brunei-urged-to-halt-introduction-of-strict-new-anti-lgbt-laws-idUSKCN1R61M9

As the leaders of Brunei are getting older and running out of steam, so should everybody else and follow their more conservative mood.

The good old day really were better in Brunei. 20 years ago you could Party there, 10 years ago you could still drink wine out of a tea pot, but not anymore.

I wonder where the boat "Tits" are now.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/prince-jefri-brunei-sex-statue-boat-tits-nipple-speedboat-2010-11

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

As the leaders of Brunei are getting older and running out of steam, so should everybody else and follow their more conservative mood.

The good old day really were better in Brunei. 20 years ago you could Party there, 10 years ago you could still drink wine out of a tea pot, but not anymore.

I wonder where the boat "Tits" are now.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/prince-jefri-brunei-sex-statue-boat-tits-nipple-speedboat-2010-11

Prince Jeffery was a crook, his assets, such as his yacht, were bought with misappropriated state money and were seized and liquidated and he was sent into exile.  Ah, the good old days, before that criminal was brought to justice, and where next for an old profiteer of misery expat?

• 3 weeks later...
The punishments you are talking about are also "inline with the teachings" of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, however, like the vast majority of Jews and Christians, the majority of Muslims are not taught those lines.
Where in Judaism or Christianity does it say you should be stoned ,and in which Judean or Christian country does it happen ? Please enlighten us.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2019 at 6:08 PM, ivor bigun said:

Where in Judaism or Christianity does it say you should be stoned ,and in which Judean or Christian country does it happen ? Please enlighten us.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

DIdn't Jesus say something along the lines of 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone'? So I guess throwing stones at people has been around for a long time, not just in Islam, although it's still pretty popular there if you're into sharia law. 

2 hours ago, dundas said:

DIdn't Jesus say something along the lines of 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone'? 

Uh, the whole point of that bit of the New Testament was that Jesus was against stoning (or, indeed, killing anyone).  To put it all in context (John 8:7-11, KJV):

[7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
[8] And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
[9] And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
[10] When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
[11] She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

So Christianity (unlike Islam) does not promote stoning.

Archived