Flying into Hua Hin?

I'm in Malaysia and was planning to enter Thailand via train but there may be some issues (long story).

What are the prospects flying into Hua Hin from KL? Hat Yai? Note: I'll be entering on a TR and have a few back-to-back exemptions/extensions. Never had any problems before this.

Could also do Chiang Mai, Rai, etc. or fly into Laos and enter through Nong Khai I suppose.

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

air asia flies in to HH

Right, but do you think it's a good airport to fly into with a tourist visa, given the recent issues in Bangkok and to some extent CM or Phuket? Is there a better choice?

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Edited by OutofSiam

1 minute ago, OutofSiam said:

Right, but do you think it's a good airport to fly into with a tourist visa, given the recent issues in Bangkok and to some extent CM or Phuket? Is there a better choice?

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Sorry i don't know.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I see no reason for you have a problem entering at Hua Hin or Hat Yai. Immigration is only making problems at bigger and busier airports.

Great. That was my thought as well, but figured I'd ask in case there was something I'd missed. Thanks, Joe!

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I see no reason for you have a problem entering at Hua Hin or Hat Yai. Immigration is only making problems at bigger and busier airports.

Well, it is small, wants to grow, and the people are friendly

Last year in Hat Yai Airport didnt want to let me in with wisa excempt, had to promise to the Boss Lady there that I will go home after 30 days ????

but actually they didnt like that I had been in Thailand for about 7 months at the same year (with 2 SETV-s, 3 Visa Excempt entries) and that I only spent one night in KL and came straight back to LOS.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/28/2019 at 3:25 PM, Fred31 said:

Well, it is small, wants to grow, and the people are friendly

Unfortunately, what the business-community / HH want, and what Immigration do, have no relationship to one another.  The question is, does the director-IO at that entry-point think frequent / longer-staying tourists "must be stopped" or not?  We don't have a lot of reports, so hard to say.