English Go-fund-me e-beggar not in hospital after all.

twocatsmac

The fallout concerning whether or not to go-fund a well known Pattaya vlogger without insurance continues as it emerges he’s not in hospital after all but is in fact a day patient driving himself to and from hospital in Pattaya in his luxury pickup.

Mixed opinions abound with many surmising Kev in Thailand is over egging the pudding whist also being sponsored by a well known go-go bar chain. 

Edited by twocatsmac
Spelling
  • Like 1

He mentioned in his initial video that he had enough money although it would lower his savings.

Thats unfortunate, i need various medical treatments myself pretty soon that will seriously deplete my reserves, perhaps a go fund me page is the way to go.

In reality no one forces anyone to donate,so if you do help, guess you are happy doing so.

Edited by sapson

The guy's entire business model is making videos in exchange for donations, so I don't really see the big deal here. How is this any different? You already could have donated to his Patreon Account if you felt bad about him having cancer. What does adding a GoFundme stream to the mix matter? And I watched the video and he explained his diagnosis, which is early stage cancer that requires trips to the hospital for treatment but quite obviously doesn't require you to be admitted to the hospital long term. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Another GoFundMe scam....ho hum.  I've read so many of these that it just boggles my mind how anyone can give money to strangers online.  It seems that more often than not, it's a scam.  Or at least a gross exaggeration of the real circumstances.  It would be better to just go to a poor neighborhood and hand over the money to some kid.  They would deserve it more. 

So people who do give, why do you do it?  Do you read some feel-good story and just feel an overpowering need to give money?  Or are you just too lazy to find a reputable charity?  These "real" charities are out there, thousands of them.  I really, really don't get the mindset of these people who give to GoFundMe.

I really need to go on a short holiday for a week or so ...

I was thinking about a cruise around Asia.

I need $10,000 for drinks and food.

Should i set up the Go fund Me and you can help me out as I really cannot afford it.

1 hour ago, usviphotography said:

The guy's entire business model is making videos in exchange for donations, so I don't really see the big deal here. How is this any different? You already could have donated to his Patreon Account if you felt bad about him having cancer. What does adding a GoFundme stream to the mix matter? And I watched the video and he explained his diagnosis, which is early stage cancer that requires trips to the hospital for treatment but quite obviously doesn't require you to be admitted to the hospital long term. 

It’s a big deal to you having written more than I until my reply now and about opinions and deceptions. 

Its also about how we’re perceived in a foreign country we choose as home as expats. 

Western beggars on the streets or on YouTube, western vandals spraying graffiti on historic buildings.

Scum in my book. 

Edited by twocatsmac
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I really need to go on a short holiday for a week or so ...

I was thinking about a cruise around Asia.

I need $10,000 for drinks and food.

Should i set up the Go fund Me and you can help me out as I really cannot afford it.

Exactly my point.  There are people out there who want money for exactly that, but they'll never say.  They'll make up some sob story and the gullible will eat it up.  Actually, I commend the scammers for coming up with innovative ways to separate stupid people from their money. 

6 hours ago, lipflipper said:

Earslings is a Norse term used by the Vikings to insult their foes. Calling one an Earsling was calling them a piece of sh....it.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Are you from a Scandinavian nation then, is that how it is part of your regular vocabulary?

I am sure that I am not in the minority on here being unaware of it. Thanks for the explanation. What is the notse/viking word for nudger?

One day Immigration will get a hold of the guys making money filming Thailand without the required visas and getting paid handsomely in some cases for the views they get. They are running their Sites as a Business. Its funding their stays in Thailand. Look at CC for example. The guys making a fortune. TBH i dont want my face all over youtube when i exit a walking street gogo bar with 2 friends ???? in tow........... I mean what would my wife say!!!!!!!.................  ????.... The meat clever would be sharpened like a razor waiting for me to get home..

On 3/29/2019 at 6:36 PM, Berkshire said:

Another GoFundMe scam....ho hum.  I've read so many of these that it just boggles my mind how anyone can give money to strangers online.  It seems that more often than not, it's a scam.  Or at least a gross exaggeration of the real circumstances.  It would be better to just go to a poor neighborhood and hand over the money to some kid.  They would deserve it more. 

So people who do give, why do you do it?  Do you read some feel-good story and just feel an overpowering need to give money?  Or are you just too lazy to find a reputable charity?  These "real" charities are out there, thousands of them.  I really, really don't get the mindset of these people who give to GoFundMe.

Real charities ? It's all about perspective. Why do you feel put out when someone needs a leg up. Are they taking food off your stingy, miserable, non charitable table. Most people are donating the equivalent to 3 Changs. Why the bitterness ?? And I bet you don't donated a cent, penny to the real charities you mention. That's what people like you are like.

Edited by Melbun

On 3/29/2019 at 3:04 PM, lipflipper said:

A bloody shame the Mods. here get their nickers in an uproar when you take a total Toss..er like that guy in Pattaya who did nothing to warrenty any
type of help and flame him mercilessly for his bad behavior. That Earslings is laughing while sitting in his favorite pub swilling his Archa and smoking his fags knowing he put one over on the idiots who fell for his blarney in the first place.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You are illiterate mate - 3rd grad schooling and 3rd grade thinking.

donate, and if it's under false pretenses... SUE.  simple.

class action lawsuit.  plus some other damages.

if more people sue, then less of this will happen.

let the courts decide. 

1 hour ago, puukao said:

donate, and if it's under false pretenses... SUE.  simple.

class action lawsuit.  plus some other damages.

if more people sue, then less of this will happen.

let the courts decide. 

Another fellow off the planet. Sue,?? sue ?? The guy is obviously sick with cancer. You are making a voluntary donation !! Out of your generosity of your heart from one human to another.

Quote: "then less of this will happen". You have already made your mind up it's a scam. How on earth do you know. Look, the guy has entertained me for years - for nothing. I don't feel put out by giving 10 or 20 bucks. Miserable bunch of sods.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2019 at 1:35 PM, Melbun said:

Another fellow off the planet. Sue,?? sue ?? The guy is obviously sick with cancer. You are making a voluntary donation !! Out of your generosity of your heart from one human to another.

Quote: "then less of this will happen". You have already made your mind up it's a scam. How on earth do you know. Look, the guy has entertained me for years - for nothing. I don't feel put out by giving 10 or 20 bucks. Miserable bunch of sods.

So - all of you amoral uncharitable types that criticised Kev in Thailand as a scammer and e-begger and other non flattering names. No doubt you have seen his latest video. Now, I suppose all of you would be suggesting his gaunt, sickly look as just the effect a crash diet. OMG what a lousy bunch of no good sods you all are. Hope Karma dishes out what all you critics truly deserve. Yes, he is sick - but in spite of that he is trying to be friendly and carry on regardless.

Edited by Melbun
  • Like 2

On 3/29/2019 at 5:28 AM, rott said:

Never come across the word Earsling before. All I can find is that it is West Frisian for backwards.

Never come across West Frisian before either. What a productive day it is turning into.

ask a Viking.

On 3/28/2019 at 8:31 PM, sapson said:

He mentioned in his initial video that he had enough money although it would lower his savings.

Thats unfortunate, i need various medical treatments myself pretty soon that will seriously deplete my reserves, perhaps a go fund me page is the way to go.

In reality no one forces anyone to donate,so if you do help, guess you are happy doing so.

not if you live in thailand as you cannot start it yourself in TIT

4 hours ago, ballpoint said:

But a smart guy is soon partying with someone else's money.

Oh good - let's rejoice that many people have donated to his health issues, so we can all party once he regains his health. Let the knockers, cynics and downright miseries stand net to the edge of a tall cliff - hope a sudden powerful gust hastens your Karma.

Like some op said. The guy had entertained thousands of viewers with his videos . I had never contribute any money to him but now that he is in some spot of health trouble, I felt compelled to donate some money to elevate his burden. I liken it to a donation to some worthy cause. In this case, instead of spending money on a gift of fruits and flowers to present him at the hospital bed, I rather top up his financial standing. All the best to the guy... and I hope none of you guys ever had to go through incident such as this  like him.