Address registration simplified in Phuket?

Hi guys,

A friend of mine is claiming that the update of the address registration, when one leave the country or the province and returns, is feasible using the Drive Thru service and without any paperwork, one should present just the passport with the old address registration receipt and in few minutes one's free to go.

I find that difficult to believe, but he insisted that is true and he did it himself yesterday.

Anyone can confirm it?

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my oppo f9 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Why wouldn’t it be
Because normally, at least until November (the last time I've updated it), I had to provide copies of my passport, contract, ID and tsbian Baan of the owner and a power of attorney, that's why...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Stranger said:

Because normally, at least until November (the last time I've updated it), I had to provide copies of my passport, contract, ID and tsbian Baan of the owner and a power of attorney, that's why...

Your just reporting your return to same address? Patong didn’t,t require anything so long same address. What you mention is initial notification!

7 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Your just reporting your return to same address? Patong didn’t,t require anything so long same address. What you mention is initial notification!

Yes, same address but in Phuket town. Are you saying that at the Patong branch you walk in with no paperwork but your passport and receipt and that's it?

5 minutes ago, The Stranger said:

Yes, same address but in Phuket town. Are you saying that at the Patong branch you walk in with no paperwork but your passport and receipt and that's it?

No need ! was the reply. No look at anything ,3 months ago

Edited by Olmate

Last november, after a trip outside thailand, I went to the immigration office in Phuket town with all the paperwork i mentioned in my previous post, within the 24 hours after my return. One high rank official was handling my papers and so i took the opportunity to ask him if it was really necessary re-report the very same address also when one is going in another province and back... he said verbatim: "can you read the instruction at my back? Take your time to read it" ... I replied: "According with what I am reading there, the answer is yes, one should report upon return" so he said... "then I have nothing else to add" and he bye bye me... 

Edited by The Stranger
a better grammatical form
  • Like 1

Last week a stay 2 days in Bangkok and when a was back in Phuket a most have all this( under), and a have live here 10 year ++[emoji2962]7ACD76E1-7E08-4712-97EE-3D582E18CAFE.thumb.jpeg.b5adb39f34d761f16464a068fe7fd45f.jpeg
That's why I was confused about it...
i know a few people that have used the drive thru window in Phuket for reporting their address on returning from overseas.
as long as ur address is the same, only hand them ur passport
Thanks, a further confirmation that my friend told me the truth...
I’ve done it twice already. Provided you use the same address, you just give your passport in the Drive Thru window and you’re done in 20 seconds flat. 
Thanks a lot... really a good news...

9 hours ago, Olmate said:

Surprised Patong didn't ask for a service fee. ????

You can now report your residence online in Phuket, too.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Surprised Patong didn't ask for a service fee. ????

You can now report your residence online in Phuket, too.

pray tell how?
as far as i know ONLY a business (GH,Hotel) can get an online account

Not an individual.

3 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

pray tell how?

Not an individual.

Use the Chrome browser because it allows machine translation of Thai text to English.  Go to 

http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/main.php

and click on Notify Resident, then on the new page click on Register.  There's a form to fill out.  I did not find it necessary to actually submit any documents (chanote, title deed, lease, tabian bahn, etc.) and was emailed an account and password in a few days.  I'm not a business owner just the owner of a condo unit I live in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1029408-online-reporting-of-address-now-possible-in-phuket/page/3/

We have discussed about online TM-30 there.

Person living in private house can get ID of online TM-30

in the name of Thai house owner

and can make report from private house via internet.

Print out of online TM-30 is accepted by immigration officer at extension.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/#

Edited by XD1 at Phuket
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

pray tell how?

Not an individual.

I have had it set up for a year and they were even happy when I did my Retirement extension. I rent from another foreigner. it takes a bit f work to set up as a few address lines have to be in Thai but once it is up and running it takes less than a minute to update.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nasa123 said:

Last week a stay 2 days in Bangkok and when a was back in Phuket a most have all this( under), and a have live here 10 year ++????7ACD76E1-7E08-4712-97EE-3D582E18CAFE.thumb.jpeg.b5adb39f34d761f16464a068fe7fd45f.jpeg

read the top part, this is for applying to get a certificate of residence (to apply for drivers license, buy car/bike or sell car/bike)
it's not to report your address when you go out for 24 hours

Edited by kekalot

6 minutes ago, kekalot said:

read the top part, this is for applying to get a certificate of residence (to apply for drivers license, buy car/bike or sell car/bike)

Yes it is ,read the original post

10 hours ago, kekalot said:

This is certainly what Phuket Town I.O. required of me on my return from a short holiday  O/S last November .

Though they did say my previous C of R was "old"  ( ?!? ) ...it had been done maybe 2 years previous. Getting the 'tax' stamp was a head scratching affair... you had to go to a kiosk to buy it , but you werent allowed to stick on the document where it said "Affix Here"..

Pleased to learn about the drive through !

Edited by zaZa9
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, skatewash said:

Use the Chrome browser because it allows machine translation of Thai text to English.  Go to 

http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/main.php

and click on Notify Resident, then on the new page click on Register.  There's a form to fill out.  I did not find it necessary to actually submit any documents (chanote, title deed, lease, tabian bahn, etc.) and was emailed an account and password in a few days.  I'm not a business owner just the owner of a condo unit I live in.

Thanks,I went and filled it what i thought was correct and it said successful an check my email.

Submitted my passport

Lets see ????

will be great as have been doing 90 day reports online for 3 years.

Got the email;

Subject: ระบบà¹à¸ˆà¹‰à¸‡à¸—ี่พัà¸
สำนัà¸à¸‡à¸²à¸™à¸•à¸£à¸§à¸ˆà¸„นเ
ข้าเมือง : à¸à¸£à¸¸à¸“
ายืนยันอีเมลสำห
รับà¸à¸²à¸£à¸¥à¸‡à¸—ะเบียน
(Please confirm

your email for registration.)

เรียน ผู้à¹à¸ˆà¹‰à¸‡à¸£à¸±à¸šà¸„นต่างด้าวเข้าพัà¸à¸­à¸²à¸¨à¸±à¸¢

ชื่อที่พัà¸à¸­à¸²à¸¨à¸±à¸¢(Name) : home

so clicked the link and it said successful:
so where do i get the