renewing of different Non-Immigrant Visas

12 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Enter before date was: 01 July 2019

After that day you will need re-entry permit to keep you current admitted until date valid.

If you do an entry on or before 1 July. 2019 you will get a another one year entry.

12 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Got a admitted until stamp: 19th March 2020

See above.

13 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I presume that I do not need to go to immigration in July to get a yearly extension of my visa.

If I travel after 19th July 2019 outside Thailand, I have to apply for a multiple entry.

Is this correct.

At this time you would have to get an extension prior to March 19th 2020.

Forget July 19th it is of no importance now since you have gotten new entries (see above) since then.

14 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Date of issue in Brussels was 02July 2018

Enter before date was: 01 July 2019

We entered on 20th July 2019

Stamp when we entered Bangkok: 20th of July 2018, admitted until 19th July 2019

I came back from India on 21st of March 2019

Got a admitted until stamp: 19th March 2020

I presume that I do not need to go to immigration in July to get a yearly extension of my visa.

If I travel after 19th July 2019 outside Thailand, I have to apply for a multiple entry.

Is this correct.

Thanks to all of you, much appreciated.

14 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Where do I apply for the multiple re-entry visa.

Immigration or airport?

thanks a lot

1 minute ago, AlfHuy said:

Where do I apply for the multiple re-entry visa.

Immigration or airport?

It is a re-entry permit not a visa.

You can get a single (1000 baht) or a multiple (3800 baht) re-entry permit.

You can apply for it at your local immigration office or at either airport in Bangkok on departure from the country.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is a re-entry permit not a visa.

You can get a single (1000 baht) or a multiple (3800 baht) re-entry permit.

You can apply for it at your local immigration office or at either airport in Bangkok on departure from the country.

Thanks a lot to all of you.

It was quite confusing.

Keep up the good work and lead us through the jungle of immigration.

Kind regards,

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

sorry, me again.

I am planning a short trip beginning of July to Malaysia.

My situation:

I hold a Non-Immigrant O-A

issued 02/07/18 in Brussels

enter before date was01/07/19

I have a Multiple entry visa

We entered Thailand on 20/07/2018

I went to India in march for a few days. I got the following stamp at Suvarnabhumi when entering:

Visa Class: Non O-A

21/03/2019

Admitted until: 19/03/2020 (hand written).

Travelling beginning July should not be an issue?

When do I have to re-new my permission of stay (1 year extension)?

Does it need to be done before the 20/07/2019 

Or: Before 19/03/20

Or: If I leave let's say 03/07/19 and come back 06/07/19

Renewal beginning 2020??

800k in bank 3 months before renewal?

When does the multiple entry visa expire?

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards,

Edited by AlfHuy

23 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I hold a Non-Immigrant O-A

issued 02/07/18 in Brussels

enter before date was01/07/19

It appears your enter before date is July 1st of 2019. If you enter the country after that date you will only get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

If you leave and re-enter on or before that day you would get a new one year entry.

If not you will need a re-entry permit to keep the permit to stay date of March 19th 2020 valid. And that would be the date you would have to apply for an extension of stay or get a new OA visa in your home country.

To apply for an extension of stray you will need 800k baht in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply or proof of 65k baht income.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 4:30 PM, ubonjoe said:

It appears your enter before date is July 1st of 2019. If you enter the country after that date you will only get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

If you leave and re-enter on or before that day you would get a new one year entry.

If not you will need a re-entry permit to keep the permit to stay date of March 19th 2020 valid. And that would be the date you would have to apply for an extension of stay or get a new OA visa in your home country.

To apply for an extension of stray you will need 800k baht in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply or proof of 65k baht income.

Good morning,

On Monday, I took a flight from Suvarnabuhmi to Kuala Lumpur.

Yesterday evening, I came back.

There were quite long queues.

I prepared my passport well. A paperclip to show my visa and my last stamp with admitted until 19/03/2020

The office took a while to check through my passport and on his screen.

He stamp my passport and handed all back to me.

As I read on Thaivisa, it is always good to check the stamp.

I went to get my luggage and checked. Ohhhh, admitted until 19/07/2019 !!!!!

He gave me a 1 month stamp.

I went back and spoke with another officer. He was very friendly. I was behind him and could see, what was on his screen.

My passport with photo and a history of me coming in and out.

He could identify the officer who just saw me before.

I went back and I explained him, that I have already an "admitted until 19/03/2020" in my passport.

HE: oh, you have visa??

Me: yes

He put another stamp in my passport with entrance date 19/06/2019, admitted until 19/07/2019 (this was a stamp).

He overwrote this admitted until stamp with a pen and wrote 18/06/2020 and in the top right corner, he wrote O-A

I hope he changed this as well on his computer.

If I am not wrong now, the following applies:

I am good now to stay until 18/06/2020

2 months before this date, I have to keep the balance of 800 k in my account.

If I travel now out of Thailand, I have to apply for a re-entry or multiple re-entry permission.

Keep an eye on what stamp they put in your passport. Thanks to Thaivisa, I did it and hopefully avoided further problems.

Regards,

8 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Good morning,

On Monday, I took a flight from Suvarnabuhmi to Kuala Lumpur.

Yesterday evening, I came back.

There were quite long queues.

I prepared my passport well. A paperclip to show my visa and my last stamp with admitted until 19/03/2020

The office took a while to check through my passport and on his screen.

He stamp my passport and handed all back to me.

As I read on Thaivisa, it is always good to check the stamp.

I went to get my luggage and checked. Ohhhh, admitted until 19/07/2019 !!!!!

He gave me a 1 month stamp.

I went back and spoke with another officer. He was very friendly. I was behind him and could see, what was on his screen.

My passport with photo and a history of me coming in and out.

He could identify the officer who just saw me before.

I went back and I explained him, that I have already an "admitted until 19/03/2020" in my passport.

HE: oh, you have visa??

Me: yes

He put another stamp in my passport with entrance date 19/06/2019, admitted until 19/07/2019 (this was a stamp).

He overwrote this admitted until stamp with a pen and wrote 18/06/2020 and in the top right corner, he wrote O-A

I hope he changed this as well on his computer.

If I travel now out of Thailand, I have to apply for a re-entry or multiple re-entry permission.

Keep an eye on what stamp they put in your passport. Thanks to Thaivisa, I did it and hopefully avoided further problems.

Regards,

Forgot to mention:

I clearly mentioned on my T.M. 6 that I have a NON-O A visa and the number. He just did not care.

47 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

You a are good until next year.

You will need a re-entry permit if you want to travel to keep that last entry valid. You can get either a single (1000 baht) or multiple re-entry permit (3800 baht).

You can apply for an extension of stay next year up to 30 days before your current entry ends. The 800k baht will need to be in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply,

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 11:08 AM, ubonjoe said:

You a are good until next year.

You will need a re-entry permit if you want to travel to keep that last entry valid. You can get either a single (1000 baht) or multiple re-entry permit (3800 baht).

You can apply for an extension of stay next year up to 30 days before your current entry ends. The 800k baht will need to be in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply,

Good morning,

I had a chat yesterday with a a French guy, living here for 15 years. We spoke about my situation. He told me, that my extension of stay is only valid as long my current visa is valid. My visa expires in July (we entered Thailand on 20th of July).

Panicking now.

Stamp with "admitted until 19th June 2020 but Visa soon expired.

IfI travel outside Thailand, maybe I won't be allowed back in because my non O-A is expired.

So confusing.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Good morning,

I had a chat yesterday with a a French guy, living here for 15 years. We spoke about my situation. He told me, that my extension of stay is only valid as long my current visa is valid. My visa expires in July (we entered Thailand on 20th of July).

Panicking now.

IfI travel outside Thailand, maybe I won't be allowed back in because my non O-A is expired.

So confusing.

Thank you.

The french guy is wrong. Your stay is valid after your initial visa expires. Up until 20th of july you can leave and return on visa and each return will generate a stay of one year. After 20th july you will need a re-entry permit to keep the stay  going.

20 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Your admitted until date will remain valid after your visa expires in July.

But you will need a re-entry permit before leaving the country to keep your current admitted until date (aka permit to stay) valid when you enter the country.

1 hour ago, AlfHuy said:

Good morning,

Panicking now.

So confusing.

Thank you.

They’re wrong. You’re good until June 2020.

The date on your ‘Entry Visa’ is the date the visa expires; it’s the last date you can enter and receive a 1 year stay.

When you enter you are granted a ‘Stay Permit’ (stamp) that tells you the date you can stay in the country (June 2020) until. The fact that the entry visa has expired is irrelevant to your permission to stay. It just means the entry visa can no longer be used to enter the country.

21 hours ago, elviajero said:

They’re wrong. You’re good until June 2020.

The date on your ‘Entry Visa’ is the date the visa expires; it’s the last date you can enter and receive a 1 year stay.

When you enter you are granted a ‘Stay Permit’ (stamp) that tells you the date you can stay in the country (June 2020) until. The fact that the entry visa has expired is irrelevant to your permission to stay. It just means the entry visa can no longer be used to enter the country.

How long someone could play the system like this?

My stay permit is now until June 2020.

If I leave the country before June 2020, would I get again another year?

No need to go to immigration to extend my initial Non Immigrant O-A

No need to have the 800k in my bank account. Sounds to good to be true.

Edited by AlfHuy

32 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

No

You will get no more one year entries from your OA visa since it has already expired.

You can stay until June 2020. You now need a re-entry permit if you want travel to keep that permit to stay valid.

You will need to apply for an extension prior that date in June 2020 or apply for a new OA visa at the embassy where you got your current one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

How long someone could play the system like this?

My stay permit is now until June 2020.

No need to go to immigration to extend my initial Non Immigrant O-A

No need to have the 800k in my bank account. Sounds to good to be true.

No. Your ‘entry’ visa (Non O-A) has now expired and can no longer be used. You can stay until June 2020 at which point you need to extend your stay at immigration (800K in a Thai bank), OR go back to your home country and get another Non O-A visa (800K in your home bank).

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2019 at 6:51 PM, AlfHuy said:

thanks a lot for your clarifications.

Much appreciated.

Good afternoon.

Just back from my multiple re-entry renewal.

They made some fuss about the last stamp which I got in my passport, coming back from Malaysia, 2 weeks ago.

Officer stamped me a 30 day entry. I noticed it later and went back to him. 

Ahh, you have visa. Yes, I told him. He put a new stamp in my passport and handwrote, admitted until 18th of June 2020.

At immigration today, they told me that on the system, nothing was changed, basically, there was only the 30day stamp.

They told me, they will sort it out tomorrow.

I got my 1 year multiple re-entry sticker.