renewing of different Non-Immigrant Visas

Good afternoon,

Sorry for asking again a question what probably has already been asked many times.

We, a family of 3 entered Thailand mid July last year.

Daughter on a student visa (International school)

Partner (non married) on a non-immigrant guardian O-visa

Me on a retirement visa.

We applied for our visas in Brussels.

We use an agent to do the run to immigration in Bangkok.

We have already done our 3 monthly reports.

This week, I gave agent our passports to go to immigration and I got them Thursday back but there was no paper proof that reporting has been done and when to report again.

Agent told me, that all is on file/online and that we do not need a proof or paper.

In July, we have to renew our yearly visa.

Partner has her own visa based on guardian duties. She had to open an own account with 500k

Me, I have to have 800 k in my account.

I left on my own in January for a short trip to Singapore. WhenI came back, I got a stamp with a date of 20th of January 2020.

My daughter and me, we went to India 2 weeks ago for 4 days.

Agent told me now, that I do not need to renew my yearly non Immigrant O visa and get again in touch with him in January 2020.

I am now completely confused about what exactly is going on.

Daughter and mom have to renew in July

Me in January.

All 3 of us have a multiple entry visa.

Could you please clarify as I do not want to run the risk of being in trouble if I do not renew my visa in July.

Kind regards,

You could get a 12 month extension from Immigration based on retirement.

800,000 Baht in the bank.

Your Wife could get the same 12 months based on being your Wife.

Zero Baht in the bank.

Don't muck about with expensive agents.

Go and have a chat with Immigration and do it yourself.

It really is not that difficult.

EDIT.

Just noticed that you are not married so forget most of the above.

You still do not need an agent though.

It all depends on what Visa you actually have in your passport.

Do you have a Non Imm O-A Visa and when was it issued?

A Non Imm O-A Visa is valid for 12 months from date of issue.

Each entry gives a stay of 12 months.

Giving a total of up to 2 years.

Edited by Justin Side
  • Like 1

Thanks for your reply.

We 3 got the Visa last year beginning of July in Brussels.

We entered mid July 2018.

I am on a Non-Imm O-visa based on retirement.

I went for a short trip to Singapore in January 2019 and got on my return a stamp in my passport with a date of 20th January 2020

My question now is: is the agent right, that I do not need to renew my visa in July 2019?

If yes, is it January 2020?

What's about the 800k I have to have in my account if I do not need to renew in July 2019?

Only my daughterand myself went 2 weeks ago for 4 days to India.

We were both due the 3monthly report on 10th of April but gave passports to agent to report to Immigration as in April, we are off to Dubai.

Were we not due to report our 3monthly as we came back from India 2 weeks ago and that gives us another 3 months before reporting?

All  a bit confusing.

Kind regards,

13 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Thanks for your reply.

You should check your visa. It’s apoears you have a Non ‘O-A’, not ‘O’.

I went for a short trip to Singapore in January 2019 and got on my return a stamp in my passport with a date of 20th January 2020

Which implies you have a Non ‘O-A’ visa and received a new 1 year permit to stay.

My question now is: is the agent right, that I do not need to renew my visa in July 2019?

Yes, if you have a Non ‘O-A’ visa and permission to stay until Jan 2020.

What's about the 800k I have to have in my account if I do not need to renew in July 2019?

You need to maintain a minimum balance of 800K for 2 months prior to extending your stay in Jan 2020.

Only my daughterand myself went 2 weeks ago for 4 days to India.

We were both due the 3monthly report on 10th of April but gave passports to agent to report to Immigration as in April, we are off to Dubai.

Were we not due to report our 3monthly as we came back from India 2 weeks ago and that gives us another 3 months before reporting?

When you leave the country the 90 day count stops. And every time you re-enter the country the 90 day count starts again. Day 1 bring the day you enter.

2 hours ago, Justin Side said:

Just noticed that you are not married so forget most of the above.

You still do not need an agent though.

If you could afford and value your time or enjoy doing stuff other than spending your time in CW, you must use an agent. They make things smooth. You don't have to spend your time in CW. Most retirees don't have anything to do throughout the year and the accomplishment at CW is rewarding for them and they will gleefully announce it in this forum or tell their sad stories of all the road blocks they faced. Believe my doing it yourself can be very stressful sometimes. Now i know many people will start posting how it only takes 15-min for them. So be prepared for an onslaught of DIY defenders. 

29 minutes ago, Justin Side said:

When was your original Visa in Belgium issued?

It is important to know.

1 hour ago, AlfHuy said:

11 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

I you and your family all entered using single entry non-o visa in July you would been given 90 day entries that would of been valid until October and that is when any extension you applied for would of started.

You would not have to apply for new extension until October if that is the case.,

I think that January is the wrong date unless you had OA visa issued by the embassy in Brussels.

If you had a OA visa thas issued in July of 2018 you would of been stamped in until April 2020 when you returned from your trip in April.

I you applied for one  extensions of stay in October of 2018 you would of been stamped in until October 20196.

You need to look at your passports and look at your visas and all the stamps you have gotten to confirm what all the exact dates are. 

If need to apply for another extension of stay based upon retirement you will need 800k baht in the bank for 2 months on the date your apply for proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht for 2 months.

The reports of staying longer than 90 day consecutive days i9n the country would not be due until 90 days from the date you entered the country in April.

Unless this has changed, you absolutely get a receipt for 90 day reporting. Even generates online and I suggest you drop that agent and do it online. So easy, fast, free. You might not have been reported I fear.

Thanks a lot for your help:

Here a more informations:

I have a non-immigrant O-A visa with multiple entry

First entry was on 20th July 2018

Admitted until 19th July 2019 (as on entry stamp)

On 13th 2019 of January, I went alone  to Singapore and came back on 16th of January.

I got my passport stamped at Suvarnabhumi

It says: Visa class: NON O-A

16th January 2019

Admitted until 15/01/2019 (handwritten on same stamp)

On 17th march 2019, my daughter and me, we went to India.

On arrival back at Suvarnabhumi, I completed a TM6

At immigration, they put a stamp on it with date 24th of march 2019

Admitted

Until

Signed

Those 3 things were left blank.

I got a stamp in my passport with the following:

Visa class: Non O-A

21st of march 2019

Admitted until: 19th of march 2020

When do I now need to renew my yearly Non O-A visa?

Is it before 19th of July 2019 or before 15th of January 2020 or before 19th of march 2020?

What's about the 3 monthly reporting? Is it now due before 21st of June (based on when we came back from India)?

My agent went last week Wednesday to do the 3 monthly report as it was due for beginning of April.

Was this not necessary?

MY DAUGHTER:

Came in on a Non-Immigrant ED visa with single entry on 20th of July 2018

Admitted until 17th of October 2018 (90 days)

We applied at Immigration for a re-entry permit.Number of entries: Multiple

Issued on 10 of October 2018

VALID until 01st July 2019

When we came back from India on 21st of march, she got her passport stamped at Suvarnabhumi 31st of July 2019.

Stamp is not very clear.

PARTNER:

She is here on a Non-Immigrant O Visa, single entry.

Entry was on 20th of July 2018

Valid until 17th of October 2018

Got another stamp saying stay permitted up to 31st of July 2019

We applied as well for a re-entry permit, multiple, valid until 31st July 2019.

She has not yet left the country.

She has to report her address before 30th April 2019

She and our daughter are travelling on 08th of April for one week abroad.

Does she need to do the 90 day report before 30th of April or 90 days from 15TH of April, when they are coming back to Bangkok?

She has her own guardian visa and has to have 500,000 Baht in her account.

Does she has to renew her yearly visa before 31st of July?

Sorry for all those questions. There are a lot of dates and it is a bit confusing for me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Much appreciated.

28 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I got a stamp in my passport with the following:

Visa class: Non O-A

21st of march 2019

Admitted until: 19th of march 2020

You’ve permission to stay until 19/3/2020, so you don’t need to apply for a 1 year extension of stay in country, OR leave the country to get a new ‘O-A’ visa — until March 2020

30 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

What's about the 3 monthly reporting? Is it now due before 21st of June (based on when we came back from India)?

It’s due on June 18th

30 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

My agent went last week Wednesday to do the 3 monthly report as it was due for beginning of April.

Was this not necessary?

No.

49 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Is it before 19th of July 2019 or before 15th of January 2020 or before 19th of march 2020?

What is the date your OA visa expires. You will get a new one year entry up to that date.

If you do not leave and reenter the country before your visa expires you would need to apply for an extension in March of 2020.

After your visa expires you will need a re-entry permit to keep your most recent entry from it valid if you want to travel.

It is a 90 day report that is due 90 days from the date you entered the country. It is due on June 17th.

MY DAUGHTER:

When we came back from India on 21st of march, she got her passport stamped at Suvarnabhumi 31st of July 2019.

Stamp is not very clear.

It appears they issued her extension based upon the date her school term ends which seems to be July 1st. Double check the dates on her extension stamp and the entry stamp. Her extension stamp should be the same as your partners that is July 31st.

PARTNER:

Got another stamp saying stay permitted up to 31st of July 2019

We applied as well for a re-entry permit, multiple, valid until 31st July 2019.

She has not yet left the country.

She has to report her address before 30th April 2019

She and our daughter are travelling on 08th of April for one week abroad.

If she leaves on April 8th her 90 day report will not be due until 90 days from the date she enters the country.

She will need to apply for a new extension in July and will need 500k baht in a Thai bank for 90 days.

51 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

MY DAUGHTER:

Stamp is not very clear.

This doesn’t make much sense.

In October 2018 your daughter must have applied for an extension of stay until October 2019. Both the extension and re-entry permit should have been valid until October 2019. 

The 31st July 2019 date must be wrong.

13 minutes ago, elviajero said:

In October 2018 your daughter must have applied for an extension of stay until October 2019. Both the extension and re-entry permit should have been valid until October 2019. 

The 31st July 2019 date must be wrong.

Not for an extension based upon attending a school. They are often only issued until the end of the school term.

52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not for an extension based upon attending a school. They are often only issued until the end of the school term.

So what are they supposed to do during the school holidays?

This thread reveals one of the lesser known dangers of using agents. People who do so seem to believe it relieves them of any need to understand visas, extensions, 90-day reports, re-entry permits and so on. However, it leaves you open to being scammed by your agent.

It appears the agent took money to process 90-day reports that were not needed (and, of course, never submitted). That was the reason for no receipts. There are few things that infuriate me more than an agent who is clearly lying to you in order to charge you for a service they never provided. (The 90-day report for your partner was needed, but they needed to hide that receipt to bolster the argument that receipts are unnecessary.)

Your own situation with the Non O-A visa is pretty clear. Assuming you leave and re-enter Thailand in July, just before your visa expires, you will not need to request an extension until July 2020 However, from July 2019 onward, you must ensure that you have re-entry permits, when going overseas, to protect the final fresh one-year entry. Your daughter and partner will need extensions in July 2019.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, elviajero said:

So what are they supposed to do during the school holidays?

It will be for the entire year this extension. The reason for it being less than a year for the first extension was that she was on a 90 day non-ed visa entry.

On 3/31/2019 at 5:27 PM, Justin Side said:

As Joe said, what is your current permission to stay?

When was the Visa issued?

@AlfHuy - the crucial date in this connection is the "Enter Before" one indicated in your non-OA visa. You should be stamped in for a further 12 months after each subsequent trip to foreign parts provided that you re-enter Thailand before this "Enter Before" date. But, so as to preserve your latest permission to stay in the case of further foreign trips where you will be returning to Thailand after this "Enter Before" date, you will first need to obtain a re-entry permit, either from your local immigration office or at the airport prior to flying out to your foreign destination. Failure to do this will mean that, upon your return, you will be stamped in for the standard visa-exempt 30 days - meaning that you will need to start all over afresh with either (1) a trip to your local immigration office to convert the visa-exempt entry into a single-entry non-O visa, OR (2) a trip to a Royal Thai embassy or consulate in a neighbouring SE Asian country for a single-entry non-O visa, OR (3) even a trip back to Belgium for a fresh non-OA visa.

Edited by OJAS

A few years back I and a few others had our passports seized by immigration due to a domestic between the agent and her immigration boyfriend, in the process of getting our passports back we had to go to the B. E. in Bangkok...a few days later we were advised to hire an agent

who would act on our behalf. I was assured this Agency was top class.

a day after talking to them we gave them documents relating to our application, two days later we were asked to attend their offices (to pay for all the work they had done) they would not give us the documents we had given them until we gave them 6,000 baht each. my guardian angel was working full time and as I sat discussing the costs I got a call from the Thai staff who worked for the B.E. he told me to put the agent on the phone. inside five mins all our stuff was returned (the B.E staff told me the so called agents were scam artists and had done nothing to help us) we had a very lucky escape and that is why I never use agents, even ones that have offices next to immigration and have lawyers ect...ect  do not bother with them.

Edited by zoza
sticky key

1 hour ago, zoza said:

... we had a very lucky escape and that is why I never use agents, even ones that have offices next to immigration and have lawyers ect...ect  do not bother with them.

If your immigration office will process your extensions w/o making it a hell of return-trips for "additional unpublished requirements" - as direct-punishment for not using their agent-partners to line their pockets - I agree.  Unfortunately, some offices have policies designed to "encourage" agent-use, where it may be difficult to impossible to avoid using them. 

As an example, consider the unpublished "landlord docs" requirement some offices throw up - demanding things landlords do not wish to provide.  If your landlord won't agree to provide those - and possibly make a special trip to an amphur for "fresh" documents, you may be faced with needing to move immediately, or use immigration's agent-partner.  I dealt with that one, personally (got a Visa instead of an extension to avoid the agent). 

Similar tricks are used with the financials - asking for "secondary documentation" of income (by embassy-letter or foreign-transfer deposits), or changing what "sources of income" qualify.   Sometimes, these can be avoided by applying early, and planning to make several trips to immigration (if wife/kids are involved, this will affect their work/school).  Other times, immigration will just keep adding more and more "new requirements" until you run out of permitted-stay.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OJAS said:

@AlfHuy - the crucial date in this connection is the "Enter Before" one indicated in your non-OA visa. You should be stamped in for a further 12 months after each subsequent trip to foreign parts provided that you re-enter Thailand before this "Enter Before" date. But, so as to preserve your latest permission to stay in the case of further foreign trips where you will be returning to Thailand after this "Enter Before" date, you will first need to obtain a re-entry permit, either from your local immigration office or at the airport prior to flying out to your foreign destination. Failure to do this will mean that, upon your return, you will be stamped in for the standard visa-exempt 30 days - meaning that you will need to start all over afresh with either (1) a trip to your local immigration office to convert the visa-exempt entry into a single-entry non-O visa, OR (2) a trip to a Royal Thai embassy or consulate in a neighbouring SE Asian country for a single-entry non-O visa, OR (3) even a trip back to Belgium for a fresh non-OA visa.

The date on my O-A multiple entry visa is the following.

01 July 2019

We entered on 20th July 2018

As mentioned before, in January 2019, I travelled to Singapore for a few days and got at Suvarnabuhmi when I came back the following stamp:

Visa class non O-A

16 Jan 2019

Admitted until 15/01/2020 (handwritten)

In march, we went for a few days to India.

Again, on our way back, I got my passport stamped at Suvarnabhumi:

Visa class non O-A

21 MAR 2019

Admitted until 19/03/2020

Does this now mean the following?

My visa is valid until 19/03/2020

I do not need to renew my visa in July 2019?

90 reporting 16th June 2019?

What's about showing immigration the money in account?

I get more and more confused.

Sorry about this.

2 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

01 July 2019

We entered on 20th July 2018

As mentioned before, in January 2019, I travelled to Singapore for a few days and got at Suvarnabuhmi when I came back the following stamp:

Visa class non O-A

16 Jan 2019

Admitted until 15/01/2020 (handwritten)

In march, we went for a few days to India.

Again, on our way back, I got my passport stamped at Suvarnabhumi:

Visa class non O-A

21 MAR 2019

Admitted until 19/03/2020

Does this now mean the following?

What's about showing immigration the money in account?

I get more and more confused.

Sorry about this.

I forgot to mention:

My multiple entry will expire when?

My initial visa is valid until 19th July 2020, does my multiple entry expires on this date even if I got my passport stamped until 19/03/20 as I left the country?

Do I have to apply for another multiple entry before 19th of July?

Thank you

2 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

The Visa you got in Brussels is valid for one year from date of issue.

Every time you enter Thailand during that year you will get 12 months stay.

Giving a total of almost 2 years. if you exit and enter just before that year is up.

Edited by Justin Side

57 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

01 July 2019

I assume your meant July 1st 2018 and that is the date it was issued.  If correct you visas expiration date is June 30th.

If you leave and re-enter the country on or before June 30th you will get a new one year entry.

52 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

March 19th, 2020 is the date your most recent entry ends. If you do not do an entry prior to June 30th (see above) that is the date you need to apply for a one year extension before or get a new OA visa.

June 17th for the 90 day report.

52 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

My multiple entry will expire when?

My initial visa is valid until 19th July 2020, does my multiple entry expires on this date even if I got my passport stamped until 19/03/20 as I left the country?

You visa expires on June 30th (see above) so you will need a re-entry permit after that day to use when you enter the country to keep you most recent entry valid (March 19th 2020).

July 19th is unimportant now since you have gotten a new permit to stay since then.

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume your meant July 1st 2018 and that is the date it was issued.  If correct you visas expiration date is June 30th.

If you leave and re-enter the country on or before June 30th you will get a new one year entry.

Date of issue in Brussels was 02July 2018

Enter before date was: 01 July 2019

We entered on 20th July 2019

Stamp when we entered Bangkok: 20th of July 2018, admitted until 19th July 2019

I came back from India on 21st of March 2019

Got a admitted until stamp: 19th March 2020

I presume that I do not need to go to immigration in July to get a yearly extension of my visa.

If I travel after 19th July 2019 outside Thailand, I have to apply for a multiple entry.

Is this correct.

Thanks to all of you, much appreciated.

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

March 19th, 2020 is the date your most recent entry ends. If you do not do an entry prior to June 30th (see above) that is the date you need to apply for a one year extension before or get a new OA visa.

June 17th for the 90 day report.

You visa expires on June 30th (see above) so you will need a re-entry permit after that day to use when you enter the country to keep you most recent entry valid (March 19th 2020).

July 19th is unimportant now since you have gotten a new permit to stay since then.