PM to fly to Chiang Mai on Tuesday to discuss haze problem

webfact

26 minutes ago, WeekendRaider said:

this is no PR stunt.  for many people, and especially today it sure seems to me, the idea that their important leaders share their feelings on stuff is very important to them.  it's not for me and some of us, but for many it is.  and the leader doesn't have to actually do anything and what they say doesn't even have to make any sense.  and it works!  so it's good.     

Not so much for Prayut as he has no accountability to the people. See, he don't even need the people's mandate to be PM. He don't have to do or say anything smart to be leader of the country. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, khunpa said:

Yeah, never underestimate the power of a leaf blower ????

And I wonder just who (what rank etc.,) came up with this idea and without embarrassment showed it the the PM. 

My guess, probably a senior official who gained his position through total nepotism and totally no knowledge (and very probably no interest) in the subject.

Would be interesting know the immediate thoughts of the PM on seeing a leaf blower, we'll never know of course. Was he embarrassed?

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

And I wonder just who (what rank etc.,) came up with this idea and without embarrassment showed it the the PM. 

My guess, probably a senior official who gained his position through total nepotism and totally no knowledge (and very probably no interest) in the subject.

Would be interesting know the immediate thoughts of the PM on seeing a leaf blower, we'll never know of course. Was he embarrassed?

Leafblowers are often used to put out grass fires if its not spreading too fast.

I see the Royal Thai Air Force Airbus, prestige model, departed CNX at 12:59. I do hope he had a pleasant few minutes closeted with the incompetent administrators. No doubt they ensured that he learned almost nothing about what is really going on.

2 hours ago, lipflipper said:

It's the red trucks, the Tuk Tuks, the increased number of cars stuck in traffic for up to nine minutes at a time that contribute more.

Nothing (or very little) to do with rot daeng or tuk tuks. Why do you think the smoke/haze problems vanish after Songkran every year?

35 minutes ago, brommers said:

I see the Royal Thai Air Force Airbus, prestige model, departed CNX at 12:59. I do hope he had a pleasant few minutes closeted with the incompetent administrators. No doubt they ensured that he learned almost nothing about what is really going on.

The real sad part is that he does not see the pollution crises as a huge opportunity to gain supporters. 

Imagine he showed action and sent in the military. Imagine that he showed, that he really did care. He would gain huge support from that.

• Like 1