Breaking the deadlock over Brexit: Is Britain heading for a general election?

webfact

12 hours ago, Topdoc said:

Not satisfied with losing three votes on her 'surrender to Merkel' document she now wants to blackmail her own party with the threat of a general election. 
"Vote for me or you will all likely lose your seats."

Really bizarre how she and parliament can’t get their act together.

her deal is rubbish no one seems to suport it. Hopefully, we will drop out of the EUbon the 12th with no deal no extortion payment and free country.

Unlikely with the fixed parliament act the Turkeys in the Parliament will not vote to be dinner.

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

It seems to have been there for a while.

Yea your right actually the country is paralysed.

The only good thing is everyone has a sudden interest in politics and it’s now proved politicians don’t care about the people, Labour are still talking about more immigration and taking more asylum seekers and the Conservatives have just surrendered to Europe with May’s deal.

o hum

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Patriot1066 said:

Yea your right actually the country is paralysed.

The only good thing is everyone has a sudden interest in politics and it’s now proved politicians don’t care about the people, Labour are still talking about more immigration and taking more asylum seekers and the Conservatives have just surrendered to Europe with May’s deal.

o hum

• Like 1

I do not have any tattoos of the kind you suggested..neither do I have knuckledusters.
However..even at 68 I could have a go if you can understand that.
Lastly..did your parents not teach you this old saying

Sticks and stones may break your bones but names will never hurt you.

Ps..scotland will never get independence..once economics come into any indy2 debate..it would be pointed out that for well over 10 years..well..think about Greece without the sun.
Massive tax increases..businesses shutting down..massive rise in unemployment..where would all the broo/ benefit money come from?????
But..sturgeon could proudly state..WELCOME TO THE BUCKFAST..METHADOME.SLUM CLEARANCE REPUBLIC OF SCOTLAND.
Jeez..there would be tourists trampling over themselves to jump on a plane to fly there.NOT.
Cheers..may your force be with you[emoji6]

I agree unless brexit is scrapped its going to happen along with scotland,the north will prosper like never before,wealth abd jobs will overcome religion and the few remaing old nutters will be in their graves..malagateddy will have hang up his knuckle dusters and have his bulldog and unionjack tatts removed

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Is it any wonder when the hard pressed UK taxpayer is subsidising them..still..not for longemoji23.png

UK taxpayer has been subsidising N ireland for years,let eire have it for me,they voted to remain so give them their wish,democracy is your usual shout,the will of the irish people was to remain,

Indicative votes again today...

May be they should try it the other way round.

1. Put the options on the table
  2. vote for the one they want removed
  3. remove the one with the highest votes
  4. repeat steps 2&3 until there is only one option on the table

8 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

I do not have any tattoos of the kind you suggested..neither do I have knuckledusters.

Ps..scotland will never get independence..once economics come into any indy2 debate..it would be pointed out that for well over 10 years..well..think about Greece without the sun.
Massive tax increases..businesses shutting down..massive rise in unemployment..where would all the broo/ benefit money come from?????
But..sturgeon could proudly state..WELCOME TO THE BUCKFAST..METHADOME.SLUM CLEARANCE REPUBLIC OF SCOTLAND.
Jeez..there would be tourists trampling over themselves to jump on a plane to fly there.NOT.
Cheers..may your force be with youemoji6.png

so you predict project fear for scotland leaving the UK yet the UK leaving the UK is all milk and honey,  yeah righto old timer,dementia has set in

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Indicative votes again today...

May be they should try it the other way round.

1. Put the options on the table
  2. vote for the one they want removed
  3. remove the one with the highest votes
  4. repeat steps 2&3 until there is only one option on the table

thats what will eventually happen

We could even get a GE coupled with a No deal..or..extension vote soon.
I'm gonna chat to my Glasgow mates..Steven Speilberg's doing a movie now or soon in Glasgow..
Maybe a mate could approach him to do a Blockbuster..re Brexit..starring John Cleese and the monty python team..with all the UK stand up comedians as support.
It could open with Don't cry for me etc etc..think it was Madonna who played Evita..perfect for T May?[emoji23][emoji23]

• Haha 1

5s ago14:29

Labour to vote for common market 2.0 amendment for staying in single market

Labour has confirmed that, if the common market 2.0 amendment is selected, it will whip its MPs to vote in favour.

That suggests the party is shifting its stance towards staying in the single market, and accepting free movement, and Emily Thornberry was hinting earlier (see 2.12pm), although it will be important to see what clarification are offer from the front bench during the debate. (Remember, last week the party backed the Beckett/second referendum amendment, while saying publicly it did not agree with every aspect of what it was proposing.)

Commenting on today’s votes, a party spokesman said:

In line with our policy, we’re supporting motions to keep options on the table to prevent a damaging Tory deal or no deal, build consensus across the house to break the deadlock and deliver an outcome that can work for the whole country.

My mates in Malaga do not need to worry re Brexit.
They're financially very sound..and if they ever have to move back to the UK..well..they'll just move into one of the various properties they own dotted about the UK
Next???

how did brexit go down with your fellow ex pats in malaga

• Like 1

I note that possibly the most crucial debate in 70 years is shunted to 19.30 night. WHAT! Is that loathsome woman doing the shunting? I noticed last Friday MPs chuntering about being in the house until 18.00!!!

Lock them in the house until they agree a plan. Free Grouse as required.

Not a snowballs chance in the hades of hell.
They would get decimated at the next GE[emoji6]

5s ago14:29

Labour to vote for common market 2.0 amendment for staying in single market

Labour has confirmed that, if the common market 2.0 amendment is selected, it will whip its MPs to vote in favour.

That suggests the party is shifting its stance towards staying in the single market, and accepting free movement, and Emily Thornberry was hinting earlier (see 2.12pm), although it will be important to see what clarification are offer from the front bench during the debate. (Remember, last week the party backed the Beckett/second referendum amendment, while saying publicly it did not agree with every aspect of what it was proposing.)

Commenting on today’s votes, a party spokesman said:

In line with our policy, we’re supporting motions to keep options on the table to prevent a damaging Tory deal or no deal, build consensus across the house to break the deadlock and deliver an outcome that can work for the whole country.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Not a snowballs chance in the hades of hell.
They would get decimated at the next GEemoji6.png

It looks like both go be decimated in any next election ....  but who go win in that case ..

Edited by david555

34 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Cheers..may your force be with youemoji6.png

You ever been to my beloved Denmark?

Check it out.

The similarities are clear and are an example of what Scotland could achieve. I'm hopeful.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Check it out.

The similarities are clear and are an example of what Scotland could achieve. I'm hopeful.

:thumbsup:

i160622clr.jpg

brexiting_the_brexit__miguel_villalba_snchez__elchicotriste_.jpg

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

Hopeful of what??
Where's the money gonna come from to sustain expenditure?
Scotland has heavier taxation than rest if UK
More heavier taxes=businesses shutting down=more unemployment=massive cuts in health,education, social services, etc etc.
Rise in crime would scream up..where will the money come from for benefits..thr broo etc etc.
Nope..definately " GREECE WITHOUT THE SUN!!!!!

Check it out.

45 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

My mates in Malaga do not need to worry re Brexit.
They're financially very sound..and if they ever have to move back to the UK..well..they'll just move into one of the various properties they own dotted about the UK
Next???

So you name yourself after a place your mates live in but you dont...very sad indeed...seems you cannot afford to joun them..never mind glasgow is nice so ive heard...plenty of spoonies to choose from...you might even get to meet timmy

37 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Hopeful of what??
Where's the money gonna come from to sustain expenditure?
Scotland has heavier taxation than rest if UK
More heavier taxes=businesses shutting down=more unemployment=massive cuts in health,education, social services, etc etc.
Rise in crime would scream up..where will the money come from for benefits..thr broo etc etc.
Nope..definately " GREECE WITHOUT THE SUN!!!!!

Just look into it!

Similar population

similar climate

similar economy

Why not 

High taxes, high benefits, high standards

• Thanks 1

High taxes=high benefits..IN THEORY ONLY.
From any base line you want..the finance is not there to begin with..the snp muppet in charge if finance has stated ... oh it's eady borrowing money from the markets..st what punitive interest rate???!!!
Do you honestly know the breakeven cost on a monthly basis to even have eg a barbers shop in an ok area of Glasgow..make your eyes water BIG TIME.
Theory and practise are world's apart!!!
Before indy ref in 2014
.soapy salmon barely mentioned the scottish economy in the live tv debates..no wonder!!+
By the way..few weeks ago salmon was cautioned and charged with 2 attempted rapes..7 sexual assaults and 2 indecent assaults.
Roll on the court case..!!!
Check out this w/site
' scotlandinunion.org ' ...good reading..I enjoy it immensly
Early night..need a kip to " box " with all you remoaners tomorrow.

Just look into it!

Similar population

similar climate

similar economy

Why not 

High taxes, high benefits, high standards

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

I note that possibly the most crucial debate in 70 years is shunted to 19.30 night. WHAT! Is that loathsome woman doing the shunting? I noticed last Friday MPs chuntering about being in the house until 18.00!!!

Lock them in the house until they agree a plan. Free Grouse as required.

I'm surprized Farage & Co haven't blockaided the building since 29th!