DLT Bangkok New Absurd Bureaucracy for Renewal of Driving Licence

Morakot

Just now, Swiss1960 said:

Last year, Banglamung DLT, same problem with same reasoning, yellow book & pink ID in Thai but DL in English...

Thanks @Swiss1960! So the yellow book & pink ID is totally useless by the looks of it.

• Like 1

recently a friend went to renew his licence at Rayong DLT and they refused to accept his yellow book so he had to go to immigration to get a certificate of residence and of course he had to pay 500baht if he wanted it immediately and there's a big poster of big joke on one of the counter windows telling people not to pay bribes. is there any point to the yellow book now?.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandrabbit said:

is there any point to the yellow book now?.

In CNX it is very useful. Entrance to Nat'l parks at Thai citizen price using Pink ID card, No residency certificate required.

But different DLT have different rules

Edited by canthai55

46 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Only at offices that are pragmatic enough to accept it (like in our area).

I recently renewed my 5 year driving license at Nonthaburi DLT on Tiwanon. They accepted my yellow book and pink ID card as proof of address, no problem. So this seems to be an issue that varies from location to location (as usual).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Hi Morakat,

Have you checked every single page on your work permit.

I thought that my latest work permit book did not have my address but after rechecking I found it near the back (2 pages in).

On the old work permit it was near the front.

Yes, the version prior to June 2018 had the address at the back. (Address in the front must be very old style). The new one I got has no address so ever.

14 minutes ago, Hotrats said:

I recently renewed my 5 year driving license at Nonthaburi DLT on Tiwanon. They accepted my yellow book and pink ID card as proof of address, no problem. So this seems to be an issue that varies from location to location (as usual).

Thanks for confirming this. How recent was that? I might it try there.

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

My name in my YB is in Thai. It's not the fault of the YB or PID it's the person who issued the documents.

The pink ID-card should really be in Thai and English, like the current Thai ID-card is!

9 minutes ago, Morakot said:

The pink ID-card should really be in Thai and English, like the current Thai ID-card is!

It should have a chip as well.  I use it every 3 months for my hospital check up. The info needs to be put in manually.

I think they just need some incentive. Maybe do exactly what big Joke says not to!

Always seems such an easy solution even if it goes against ones points of view or dare I say princples.

Good luck.

4 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

It should have a chip as well.  I use it every 3 months for my hospital check up. The info needs to be put in manually.

iPhone 7 +. 13.3" Macbook Pro . 13.3"  Macbook Air . Nvidia Shield TV.   SkyStream Two 

All that junk and you want a chip as well? Why?

On 4/2/2019 at 5:30 PM, natway09 said:

If you have an Embassy just get it all stat dec'ed or whatever they call it now.

Got a licence last month with no hassle at all

I'll do this, if everything fails. Unfortunately the British Embassy is not really known as "helpful" and tends to charge an arm and a leg for the most basic things.

On 4/2/2019 at 5:58 PM, Nuddy said:

I think they just need some incentive. Maybe do exactly what big Joke says not to!

Always seems such an easy solution even if it goes against ones points of view or dare I say princples.

Good luck.

Ha! A Thai friend of mine already said something along those lines: "Could it be that they are trying for illicit payments?"