Golf in Bogor Indonesia

thecolonel

Have played a couple of courses here. Rainbow Hills 27 hole good course designed by Mike Poellot's group who have done some courses around Bangkok. Gunung Geulius a 36 hole Peter Thompson course more established . Good golfing, about 60 kms from Jakarta on the expressway so pick your time & access not that bad ( until you get off the expressway in jakarta ) . There are a lot of good courses around Bogor as well as Jakarta. Would like to spend more time there but the traffic is a nightmare in Jakarta.  

A few questions please

1. Traffic - I'd heard Jakarta traffic is a nightmare. So I'm assuming that if my goal is to play golf in Bogor, I can just 'by pass' Jakarta and stay in Bogor? Or is there nothing there? Not that I'm expecting much. I might do one or 2 nights in Jakarta(without golf) but I'm gathering that a daily commute to Bogor is just hours stuck in traffic!

2. Courses- are they generally quiet or busy? I like to play on my own or with a friend. Don't always like to be put with others, but understand why if very busy. My preference is to finish at sundown. Have you played golf in Hua hin? My q. is... are the courses the same standard in terms of design and condition as Hua Hin (or Chiang Mai for that matter)?

3. Cost - can you recall Green fees? I can look up on net but often that's the full rack rate and there are deals to be had(twilight etc)

Cheers if you can help further, but if not thanks for info supplied[emoji106]

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk