Farewell Thailand The Road Trip Continues

2 hours ago, quandow said:

I left Thailand after ten years of putting up with their nonsense. I was back in LOS six weeks later with a new appreciation. Recently I had to scramble a little to put that much cash together (I was asset rich, cash poor), but Thailand is a sovereign nation and to me it's worth the trouble. I don't know a single person leaving because of the new requirements. Plenty of grousing but no Thaixit. Best of luck to ya.

There are some expats who are or will be leaving, but I think Thailand is better off without them. They either can't afford to retire, or keeping a family here, or have been cheating with the help of some Unscrupulous "Agents"

• Like 1

I have never used an agent or any other 'device', but I will move on because the goal-posts have moved so much now, that I would have to consider doing something like that, in order to maintain my 'status'. So I don't condescend to others who might have had to make that move before me.

I tried to think of a reasonable way to summarise the attitude of threads like this and the only line I could come up with was this one:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=I'm all right jack

There's a lot of you out there.

Edited by korkenzieher
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I am in a similar situation , been here for quite a few years and now just waiting for my one way flight out .

Maybe its just me , but everyone seems miserable and unhappy these days.

Lived here all the time on tourist visas and am due for a red stamp on my next tourist visa application  and stand a good chance of getting refused entry , so, may as well stay away , no big deal really

• Like 1