How to reach this place in Nong Suea? Requesting your advice

Mr Dome

So, I need to get to this place next month and I'd like to get as close as possible using public transportation. I'm willing to use a taxi for the final stretch, of course, as this is pretty much surrounded by banana fields.

Reason I'm reluctant to cab it in all the way is that I did that last year from Chiang Rak Noi train stop, thinking that was the closest stop - don't get off there, not even one taxi available - and it was the most stressful taxi ride of my life due to some map confusion and the driver's body language displaying for an hour that he had no clue where this place was, despite me having giving him the address printed in Thai, worrying me that we were going completely wrong all this time.

Thank you for whatever assistance you may be able to offer.

14°10'28. 100°49'53., 2 Soi 5, Suan Luang, Bangkok 10250, Thailand
14°10'28. 100°49'53., 2 ซอย 5 แขวง สวนหลวง เขต สวนหลวง กรุงเทพมหานคร 10250
Edited by Mr Dome
grammar smooth out

A couple of general tips:

1. Call the destination and get them to explain where they are to the taxi driver. This might take 2 or 3 calls for updates as you get closer.

2. Use Google maps on your phone and guide the driver the correct way.

Street addresses can be almost meaningless unless you are talking about very large and well known roads. Some taxi drivers also cannot read maps.

Alternatively, can the destination arrange a taxi to meet you at a certain point at a certain time? They might know a driver who will offer a fixed price and who will know exactly where to take you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Dome said:

due to some map confusion

as previously stated, were you running google maps on your phone?

i just looked at your previous route and it is 48 kilometers without very many turns. should be easy for a taxi driver to follow the map.

i do that all the time. you have to say distance so he can understand how far and then just sit there and tell him which way to go. 

you are doomed without google maps. taxi drivers here can't read English Google maps :shock1: and have no idea where anything is.:clap2:

can you get the Grab app and while on the train look for a taxi?

or select a more populated starting point for taxis. 

Edited by NCC1701A

On 4/3/2019 at 6:31 PM, blackcab said:

A couple of general tips:

1. Call the destination and get them to explain where they are to the taxi driver. This might take 2 or 3 calls for updates as you get closer.

2. Use Google maps on your phone and guide the driver the correct way.

Street addresses can be almost meaningless unless you are talking about very large and well known roads. Some taxi drivers also cannot read maps.

Alternatively, can the destination arrange a taxi to meet you at a certain point at a certain time? They might know a driver who will offer a fixed price and who will know exactly where to take you.

Thank you for your response, however my question is not 'how to reach this place' but how to reach it as much as possible using public transportation.

There will be an arranged pick up from Suvarnabhumi airport on that day but I will be coming from Kanchannaburi/Thonburi train station and am looking for an alternative that saves me going all the way out to the airport.

The way we found the place last time was via Google directions on the driver's phone.

To answer my own question after some research, this seems to be the most viable option for public transportation out there and at almost 2.5 hrs and with still plenty of distance to go it makes little sense.

https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Bangkok-Hualamphong/Rajamangala-University-of-Technology-Thanyaburi

So, I'll head to the airport for a seat in one of the vans.

IF you mean by PT only those on rails-forget it, useless. Also that site R2R is totally useless for this.

If you have lived some time in TH-which you must have when asking for this outoftheway place, then you must have noted that for public transpo the BUS is the best and mostly used thing, alas.

Its in Patum Thanee, the main town nearby is RANGSIT which indeed has trains but also many more buses and vans, like the 510 (AC) or 29 from Vict.Monument, or the 538 (less often, but via Tollway). Rangsit will be the temporary end of the new red-line ''skytrain'' to open in around 2 yrs-above the old railline.

Rangsit has pelnty of local buses going into the province, most are run by Kittisoontorn (kstbus.co,th) and also others. You location i cannot easy find on that map, but it seems near that monstrous new gleaming white and round Dhamma corruption temple, in an area which has long klongs running N-S just numbered,-from 1 till 22 with each around 1 Km apart.

BIG buses run along the main road in Rangsit, and VANs leave from a large and dedicated VANstation beside the BigC beside the giant FUTURE shopping centre. And needless to even note, also loads of taximeters.

T-meters belong to BKK-province and out of that they do not need to use meter. Even expecting them to wait at a tiny stop like first trip is pretty daft.

For how Thai use taxi's blackcab gives the best info-strange that such seasoned farang cannot think of such easy things by themselves (as they always on this site claim they are so bright)