Advise on the "PC Win Booster" software

MikeWill

I do not get the connection between restore point not working and asking about PC Win Booster.

To fix your restore point problem suggest google search "win 10 restore point not working" and follow the guides re sfc etc.

Regarding PC Win Booster I would not touch it with a barge pole.  It does nothing that you cannot do by yourself using in build win 10 functions and is full of unwanted ads etc.

Thanks for the reply, scottiejohn.

The connection is as follows: if something goes wrong, it'll be impossible to restore my system.

And yes, you're probably right, I would not touch PC Win Booster.

As for the System Restore, I tried everything except Repair Install. 

20 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

When I used system restore [windows 10] my system had to be reset because important files were missing. After the reset, my external keyboard, and my wireless mouse would not were not recognized. Plus, there were numerous additional problems.

I took it to Goodspeed [Chiang Mai] and , for 300 baht, they installed windows 7. Now I have a fast, trouble free system.

I guess that's called a down-grade. And how much malware, PUPs, rubbish  did they install as well. If it's working well now, why not up-grade to W10, new version in a week or so.

You can get the installation media FREE from M'soft, buy a genuine key on ebay for 3 quid and Robert's your father's brother.

8 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Windows 10 is problematic.

Not for most users. I think it depends a lot on your particular machine, and how much you have messed around with it. Clean install on a properly configured PC = no problems.

just make system image … option is in settings under update > backup>more options> advanced options , > down left corner  , making a system image .

This for worst case scenario , all got just installed a new to the date from making that system image 

Archived