Receiving Sms Messages In Thai

webworldly

Greetings!

I am receiving SMS messages on my Nokia 6681. Since they are in Thai....they come through as nothing more than "weird box characters". What software do I need to be able to have the messages come through in Thai characters...which I can then have someone help me translate into English.

To be clear...I don't really need "translation software". I just need software for my Nokia 6681 phone that allows the Thai SMS's to actually come through in Thai instead of garbled boxes and dashes.

Can you help?

Edit: I bought the SIM card for the phone here in Thailand....it is a "DTAC Happy SIM card".

CHEERS!

D

Edited by webworldly

Probably the SMS are not important as are advertisments for different tariff offers.

If you think that they may be important or you want to know what they are. ... you could forward the message to a friend's phone that can handle Thai characters, you will then be able to read the message.

As for software for your phone, I have no idea.

It may also be possible to download to a computer to read.

Edit: I bought the SIM card for the phone here in Thailand....it is a "DTAC Happy SIM card".

I gather from this you bought the phone overseas? I believe the Thai language (fonts) support is in the firmware of the phone and not the SIM card. Maybe possible to re-flash the firmware of the Nokia with the correct language support at a service center.

For off-line reading via USB or Bluetooth you could use this application > floAT's mobile agent

Yeah it's the phones firmware that needs updating, nothing to do with the sim. Take your phone to MBK and get a language update from one of the many stalls in there, shouldn't take long and won't cost much.