We are all saved

worgeordie

I saw these two jumbo mist pumping fans, operated by the CM Fire Dept in front of the Three Kings Monument just yesterday, about 11am.  The nearby street was certainly wet and tuk-tuks were lined up hoping to get some cooling spray. 

Also noticed at the local technical college a 2m x 2m PVC device fitted with 100 fogging nozzles squirting the mist into the air onto the walkway and street. I had to wonder then who makes these decisions.  One hour later the college had turned OFF their machine.  Demonstration over.

I never thought I’d live in a place where I had to wear a mask and witness multiple giant water fans throwing water into the air.

We left for a few weeks but came back too soon. Looking forward to finally moving out of here. It’s just not worth it. I used to smirk at why anyone would live in parts of China due to their pollution, and now Chiang Mai is running circles around most of those cities now when it comes to pollution levels.

<removed>

Edited by ubonjoe
Off topic derogatory comment removed.

I spent too much time in China....not long, just too much. In non industrial rural areas Beijingers are buying up remote clean air villagers (yes, villages 600 yrs old) displacing the residents for clean air homes from Beijing pollution. This is in Yunnan province, near the Myanmar border. But, now they stay in Beijing and when the smoke dies down and the pollution rises in Beijing they send the family to Yunnan province. Environmental mobility is becoming necessary.

Dumb & Dumber ????

Folks should really take a moment to imagine what a real disaster handling would be like in Chiang Mai

Say a 7.0 quake with a min duration & what the aftermath would be

Think & plan ahead seeing now how these semi critical things are handled

• Like 1