Motorcyclist dead after swerving to avoid turning minivan

webfact

Motorcyclist dead after swerving to avoid turning minivan

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1554443376_1-org.jpg

The motorbike slammed into a power pole on Thep Anusorn Rd in Phuket Town early Friday morning (Apr 5). Photo: supplied

PHUKET: A man has died after crashing his motorbike into a power pole in Phuket Town early this morning (Apr 5).

The accident occurred at about 5:48am on Thep Anusorn Rd.

Lt Col Narong Muangduang of Wichit Police arrived at the scene with officers and rescue volunteers where they found the seriously injured body of 26-year-old Kasemsan Samee.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/motorcyclist-dead-after-swerving-to-avoid-turning-minivan-70987.php#7cv1PHXPSDKC72FO.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-04-05

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Look at the video. Looks to me like the driver walked back, saw mbike guy dead, and phones police.

I couldn't find the video. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

what video?I cant to see one

The video is available on the other Phuket English paper website.  It seems that the motorcyclist is speeding and overtaking the minivan on the inside.  And suddenly the power pole is right in front of him.  Such situation (power pole on the road) can be seen everywhere in Phuket waiting for an accident to happen.  Often when doing road widening and runs out of land.  Just take a drive from Karon to Patong.

So a mini-van pulls out onto the road in front of an approaching motorcyclists. 

Motorcyclists has to swerve to avoid the mini-van, impacts a pole, is not wearing a helmet and dies. 

Mini-van driver should be charged with reckless driving causing death.

Motorcyclist may have survived with minor injuries if wearing a helmet. 

------

Not judging here... but when a vehicle looks as if its about to pull out I'm very cautious, covering the brake all the time in traffic in Bangkok. I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to brake hard because a car (or more commonly another bike) has cut me off... The driver / rider of the other vehicle then always looks at me as if its my fault !!!!!!  total asshats on the roads.... 

31 minutes ago, Benroon said:

He was actually overtaking the minivan at speed on the inside and smacked the pole - video is on thaiger

Ah.. thats a bit different then. It doesn't diminish my pet-hate of vehicles pulling out in front, but at least BKK traffic is predicable in its unpredictability that the other vehicle may or may not want to be trying to kill me !!!...

In this case it appears as though the deceased was the architect of his own tragic demise. 

Edited by richard_smith237