Foam parties banned during Songkran

snoop1130

national police deputy commissioner Pol General Chalermkiat Srivorakan said on Friday, "not to collect bribes from foreign migrant workers travelling back to home countries during Songkran"'

How about instructing them not to accept/ask for bribes AT ALL! NEVER EVER!

At least by his comment he can't turn round and say that there is not a problem with corrupt Police Officers!

Edited by sambum

3 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Same as banning shirts with beer logos on them saying they are illegal. I just came up from Pattaya and at the malls there and even  hi-end malls/stores in Bangkok they are selling them everywhere. Why do they even get involved in such matters? How about  just making sure party venues are properly set up and safety inspected rather than just ban everything because of 1 accident last year.

Sounds like the banning of all alcohol on all trains because one of their employees rapes and murders a young girl! 

10 hours ago, FarangDoingHisThing69 said:

They should just ban everything on Songkran.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Inluding the farang moaners , brigade . 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 5:58 PM, snoop1130 said:

49 Songkran celebration venues across the city where 128,900 revellers were expected

There will be that many in front of my Townhouse! Where do they get these ridiculous numbers.

On 4/5/2019 at 7:52 PM, observer90210 said:

Once again, the police reminder says,  not to take bribes during the festival.  So does that it mean that otherwise it's "tolerated" ? after the festival the good ole extorsion can start again ?

Why not plainly say that any cop at any period of the year will be sacked and jailed if he takes a bribe ? Maybe it would mean that if this was enforced, there will be hardly any cops left in Thailand !:welcomeani:

and how does one (another copper) find out if any other coppers have taken bribes???

JUST ASKING 

8 hours ago, essox essox said:

and how does one (another copper) find out if any other coppers have taken bribes???

JUST ASKING 

what a smart question, thank you so much as I outlooked that. may I politely suggest to answer you.....plainly by not looking the other way ? for those at the top to maybe to order a probe if an officer changes his BMW every 2 years, and lives in a multi million Bhat house with no pending debt? and so on ? perhaps use the tourist police wanna-be spec-ops to pose as foreigners with no helmet or licence and on big bikes and film the scene when stopped at a road block and asked for money.....make an efficient hotline at National Police HQ on using all those corrupt officers or demoted in "inactive posts" to respond and transmit complaints on a hotline and the division could be given to Mr Big Joke to supervise for instance ????.

Hope I answered your question, Sir and have a nice evening.

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 3:29 PM, Samui Bodoh said:

"...He said that police have also been instructed to provide security at Songkran celebration venues and not to collect bribes from foreign migrant workers travelling back to home countries during Songkran..."

Well, that is that!

Perfect, all-encompassing, effective, alert security at all Songkran entertainment venues and no bribes will be collected from people travelling back to their home countries.

Glad this has been cleared up.

If you don't laugh, you'll cry yourself a river...

So after Songkran it's okay to start taking bribes again?