2 for Marriage Visa, or Dependent Visa

I've heard that I need the kaw raw 2 form if I apply for a marriage extension.

Is this document required in all provinces?

I want to apply in Khon Kaen.

I believe this is only available from the place we got married, which is many km away and inconvenient to get to.

Is there any way around this?

If not, would it be just as easy getting a visa based on having kids, who are Thai citizens?

Edited by CharlieH
Thai removed

It appears to be a new requirement for Division 4 IO's to supply an updated Kor Ror 2 for marriage extensions this year, same in Roi Et.

As elviajero stated, it's available from your local Amphoe, 20 baht.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It appears to be a new requirement for Division 4 IO's to supply an updated Kor Ror 2 for marriage extensions this year, same in Roi Et.

As elviajero stated, it's available from your local Amphoe, 20 baht.

Ah, great news thanks, and to elviajero

Just now, Neeranam said:

Does anyone know if the extension for having kids is easier than having a wife?

I guess there more chance of me leaving the wife, or her me!

It’s no easier. However, I always apply as a parent rather than being married, but only to get around the 2 month seasoning requirement. They would still want a copy of your marriage certificate, but — if a KR.2 is required if applying as a spouse — I suspect it would be required if applying as a parent.

1 minute ago, elviajero said:

It’s no easier. However, I always apply as a parent rather than being married, but only to get around the 2 month seasoning requirement. They would still want a copy of your marriage certificate, but — if a KR.2 is required if applying as a spouse — I suspect it would be required if applying as a parent.

I've no issue with the monetary requirement, as I work here.

Do you have to go to immigration twice a year for the 2 month thing?

Not really a problem as it's a 5 minute drive.

13 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you have to go to immigration twice a year for the 2 month thing?

Not sure what you mean; but if you're asking about the 1 month under consideration period the answer is yes. It's the same as if applying as a spouse.

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

Not sure what you mean; but if you're asking about the 1 month under consideration period the answer is yes. It's the same as if applying as a spouse.

I mean you have to go to apply for the extension then back again after the 1 month or 2 months passes.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I mean you have to go to apply for the extension then back again after the 1 month or 2 months passes.

Yes you have to go back after 30 days; same as with a spouse extension.

Can you get a kor Ror 2 at any amphur? we were married in the UK ,i have all the legal stuff done except that and i have just been told that at Banglamung in Pattaya you need to have your passport translated and authenticated in the British Embassy ,they are the only one that want that ,and i dont want the hassle if i can avoid it .

5 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Can you get a kor Ror 2 at any amphur? we were married in the UK ,i have all the legal stuff done except that and i have just been told that at Banglamung in Pattaya you need to have your passport translated and authenticated in the British Embassy ,they are the only one that want that ,and i dont want the hassle if i can avoid it .

If you married in the UK, but registered your marriage at a local Amphur, then you want a Kor Ror 22, not a Kor Ror 2. 

3 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

You need a Kor Ror 22 for a non Thai marriage. You have to register your foreign marriage at a Amphoe to get one.

To register your marriage you need your marriage certificate legalized, translate to Thai and the translation certified by Department of Consular Affairs  of the MFA in Bangkok.

Some Amphoes may require you passport to be certified by your embassy and have it translated to Thai as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You need a Kor Ror 22 for a non Thai marriage. You have to register your foreign marriage at a Amphoe to get one.

To register your marriage you need your marriage certificate legalized, translate to Thai and the translation certified by Department of Consular Affairs  of the MFA in Bangkok.

Some Amphoes may require you passport to be certified by your embassy and have it translated to Thai as well.

yes all that is done ,but i just did not want to bother doing my passport as i have just found out ,so thats why i wondered if there was an amphoe i could do it and not bother .

3 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

yes all that is done ,but i just did not want to bother doing my passport as i have just found out ,so thats why i wondered if there was an amphoe i could do it and not bother .

Have you already done the registration? 

If it has been done all that is needed is a printout of the Kor Ror 22.

If not done have you been to the Amphoe and been told they want your passport certified and translated or are you going by what somebody told you.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you already done the registration? 

If it has been done all that is needed is a printout of the Kor Ror 22.

If not done have you been to the Amphoe and been told they want your passport certified and translated or are you going by what somebody told you.

We have been told by two agents ,and by someone i know ,next week i am going there to ask myself ,but as i say we were told that they are the only one who asks for it ,thats why i wondered if we could use any one ,regardless of the fact we live near there?

ps all other work done .

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

We have been told by two agents ,and by someone i know ,next week i am going there to ask myself ,but as i say we were told that they are the only one who asks for it ,thats why i wondered if we could use any one ,regardless of the fact we live near there?

You should check with the Amphoe. It could be confusion between registering a new marriage and registering a existing foreign marriage.

You could try at another Amphoe if they want it done.

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

that is the rule, but your passport is pretty much also in English (name)

what is the value of your name in Thai while you / we are not...

all this crap s.hit... a passport is an international travel document to identify one, but not in Thailand

all these petty rules, so a copy , certified (paid) translated (paid) legalised (paid) paper copy (1 baht) of your passport is worth more than you in person with your original passport in hand...

I know, rant over

some dude said, oh I am married but I do the parent thing ?  Thought immigration only allow the parents of a Thai child visa for single or divorced people and force you to do the marriage route ?

46 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

ps all other work done .

Agree with Joe, just go to another Amphoe office if your local one is giving you a hard time.

1 hour ago, justin case said:

some dude said, oh I am married but I do the parent thing ?  Thought immigration only allow the parents of a Thai child visa for single or divorced people and force you to do the marriage route ?

I didn't know that, thanks

3 hours ago, justin case said:

Is that a dig at elviajero?

To obtain a marriage extension the marriage must be de jure and defacto.

If you were separated, then you wouldn't qualify!

You could still apply on the basis of Thai children though.

I can think of other situations when it would be more convenient to apply on the basis of Thai family rather than Thai wife.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:
4 hours ago, justin case said:

I didn't know that, thanks

He’s wrong.

You can apply as a parent even if still married and living with the child’s mother. And if you are a parent and married, you don’t need to keep a minimum balance of 400K for 2 months.

There is nothing in the rules stating you must be single or divorced. The rules apply to any parent of a Thai.

I’ve done it twice at two different immigrantion offices with my wife/son present.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You can apply as a parent even if still married and living with the child’s mother. And if you are a parent and married, you don’t need to keep a minimum balance of 400K for 2 months.

i would not advise anybody to try it without first asking the local immigration office about it. Even the 400k baht without it being in the bank for 2 months is not guaranteed at every office.

• Like 1