Most people say current political situation affecting their mood

webfact

Most people say current political situation affecting their mood 

Advance-Election.png

About 88% of poll respondents say that the current political situation has affected their mood, whereas 11.2% say it does not make a difference.

The pollster, Super Poll, conducted a field survey of 2,875 people in different occupations nationwide regarding their happiness vis-à-vis the current political situation.

The survey shows 46.9% said they feel ‘so so’ and can carry on as normal, 27.5% say they are not happy and 25.6% claimedthey are very happy.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/most-people-say-current-political-situation-affecting-their-mood/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 

It effects my mood - generally provoking laughter and shaking off the head - little has changed here since medieval times, amusing how they like to pretend it has! while the same people hang onto power over the serfs! :cool:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Funny thing. I am a pretty calm and happy person most of the time....but when I read or hear the news I start to rage inside at the injustices in the world....the Thai election, the arrest of the guy from Future Forward, the acquittal of Premchai, the long sentences imposed on the peasant mushroom pickers, the lack of action on the Red Bull heir who goes to F1 every other weekend but somehow the RTP can't get round to asking Interpol to pick him up. International is no worse, the disgraceful affair in UK parliament over Brexit where MPs care for nothing but their advancement and not about democracy or the nation; the US meddling all over the globe starting wars in Syria, Libya, Yemen where kids die and no one cares and  with Venezuela and Iran on the hit list for next regime change; the endless to justify the next warThe injustice is really hurting my sense of honesty and fair play.

I am seriously thinking of shunning the newspapers and the news websites because they are certainly harming my sense of well being and maybe injuring my health.

Bashing USA, look at China and Russia, open your mind, and stop being a hater on USA, Ridiculous 

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

One  thing I love about being an expat in someones else's country, is that I have no emotional involvement in, or attachment to the country. I don't  care what government is in power and so long as they don't intrude unduly in my life or my wellbeing, which to date they don't,  I couldn't care less.  Anyway, didn't they just have an election and didn't that election return a pro Military government? If so many people are now upset about it, why wasn't that reflected in the vote numbers? 

Don't make me laugh...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eligius said:

Let me slightly modify the quote above (render it according to my own sentiments):

One of the things I love about being an expat in someone else's country is that I have never forgotten - nor ever will forget - to be an empathetic HUMAN BEING, who cares about other people and their oppression, even if I myself am not directly affected (although in fact I am).

I am pleased that, although I am 'only a foreigner', I feel a strong emotional involvement with the fate of nearly 70 million Thais. I care a hell of a lot about what happens to the underdog.

Yes, the Thais have just held an election - an election which every person on this planet without fascist tendencies or a lobotomy knows did not come within a million miles of being a 'free and fair election' or having a 'result' that can withstand international, objective scrutiny.

There, done!

good for you. Personally, I don't have any of those feelings. I may have them for downtrodden, desperately poor peoples in other parts of the World, but the Thais have largely been, collectively, poor and rich, military and civilian alike,  the architects of their own misfortunes and present circumstances, hence the number of Military take overs in decades gone by. They profess to be a modern country, so they need to get their act together and show it. That's enough engagement from me on the problems  of the Thais.   

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The survey shows 46.9% said they feel ‘so so’ and can carry on as normal, 27.5% say they are not happy and 25.6% claimedthey are very happy.

That adds up to 100%. What about people who said they weren't in the mood to talk about what mood they were in?

3 hours ago, neeray said:

Thais care more about politics and their future than some here give them credit for. 

Of course they are unhappy and concerned. Many recognize that their country is being held back (or held down) by the current army government. 

May least one said to me today that the country is not fit to live in anymore. (I did not ask the person to elaborate. I should have)

IMO Most Thais have their hands full providing shelter, food and education to their families. Nobody is going to pay them to go protest, march down streets with signs proclaiming unfairness. Nobody is going to bail them out of jail (or feed the family while in jail) for unlawful assembly. This isn't some nanny state where you can collect some dole or welfare and therefore not have to work, enabling you to go out and cause civil unrest. You don't work here, you starve and your family starves with you. If you (in the west) had a choice, provide for your loved ones or voice your dissatisfaction in the street, what would you choose? And I mean the difference in your children not eating vs skipping going to the pub a few times a week. Given the recent political history here I believe most Thais just want some stability so they may go about the business of living. My wife feels burning buildings and murder in the streets is counterproductive to moving forward and  also hurts people in the tourism industry. Though she's not entirely comfortable about military rule she likes law and order. She knows Prayut's act and although the other folks running portray themselves as the saviors of Thailand, through experience she's a little jaded with Thai politicians. I guess it's a matter of 'better the devil you know' business.   

• Like 2

12 hours ago, yellowboat said:

The negative side effects of passivity and an army gone wild.  Their future has be marginalized.  It is not their fault.  They are just sheep.    

Boom....the truth hits hard!

I find it healthy to be happy where life puts me, I don't understand the politics in my own country … so I don't waste my time with the politics here … sometimes ignorance is bliss

Who cares, the temples and the women are still here. There are a handful here that have been babbling on about it for years like they actually have some rights in this country. If the Thais dont care why would a farang lose a minutes sleep over it.

3 hours ago, crees said:

I find it healthy to be happy where life puts me, I don't understand the politics in my own country … so I don't waste my time with the politics here … sometimes ignorance is bliss

Any government of any country would love this kind of citizens/resident.