Can you travel out of the country and return without problems while marriage extension is under consideration?

Yeah, the marriage extension option is really unworkable for a lot of people who travel in and out of the country a lot and may not travel back in time to get the extension stamp even though you can get the re-entry permit but it's not workable if you are gone too long.

consideration is a month, if you want to leave in that period then a re entry is required as mentioned above. I have always worked on having to be back for my appointment on the date stated when they give the consideration extension (which is a right pain for me). TiT

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, peterrabbit said:

Does anyone know how early you should apply for the marriage extension in Jomtien? My retirement extension finishes 21 May so should I apply 30 days before this or wait till week before?

You can apply at any time during the last 30 days of you current extension. Best to do it at least two weeks early.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:52 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can get a re-entry permit to the under consideration period that will be valid for entry up to the report back date.

I think 7 to 8 weeks is a high number it to get the extension stamp.

IO's are now issuing an under consideration stamp for 30 days after the extension expiry date, not the date of application, so if you apply 30 days in advance + 30 under considerate, it can take 8 weeks or more to get the extension stamp.

9 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

IO's are now issuing an under consideration stamp for 30 days after the extension expiry date, not the date of application, so if you apply 30 days in advance + 30 under considerate, it can take 8 weeks or more to get the extension stamp.

That depends upon where you apply for the extension. Many offices still start the 30 days from the date of application.

Here in the North East all offices start it from the end of your permit to stay.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That depends upon where you apply for the extension. Many offices still start the 30 days from the date of application.

That is what they always previously did at Roi Et.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Here in the North East all offices start it from the end of your permit to stay.

That is now the procedure they follow, but only from this year.

They warn to keep your funds in the bank until the extension is granted, effectively meaning you need to keep 400K in the bank for 4 months.

A colleague currently has an under consideration stamp for 75 days.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That is now the procedure they follow, but only from this year.

All of the 11 under consideration stamps I have gotten have a report back date 30 days from the permit to stay date ended.

21 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

They warn to keep your funds in the bank until the extension is granted, effectively meaning you need to keep 400K in the bank for 4 months.

A colleague currently has an under consideration stamp for 75 days.

It would only be 4 months if a person applied 30 days early. And put the funds in the bank 2 months before that day.

Seventy five days means he applied 45 days early.

I see no reason to apply so early. I do mine about 2 weeks early.

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It would only be 4 months if a person applied 30 days early. And put the funds in the bank 2 months before that day.

Seventy five days means he applied 45 days early.

I see no reason to apply so early. I do mine about 2 weeks early.

Correct.

Previously they gave you an under consideration stamp for 30 days from the date of application, this is the first year they have given the stamp from the date of extension renewal.

I always applied 30 days early and usually received a new extension on or around the same day as my previous extension expired.

This year I'll be applying 2 weeks early, same as you.