TM30 for SETV extension at CW required?

I'm on my 4th (and last) consecutive SETV.  Never done a TM30.  Never been asked.  But I've been reading up on this, and it looks like I was supposed to be doing the TM30 this whole time.  Now maybe my apartment filed the TM30 like a year ago when I started renting, I have no idea.  I know they did copy my passport and there are a lot of foreigners in the building.  But if they did file it, it was just that once.

I will be extending my current visa in a couple weeks at Chaeng Wattana in Bangkok...

Do they require and enforce TM30 at CW?  Often?  Occasionally?

How is it that they've never bugged me about this before?  Am I lucky?

• Like 1

Last time (last Friday) they check so better care about that. If Your apartment dont want to give You TM30, try to find hotel what can report you to immigration (just ask about that) and check in for a couple days. 

Im in situation like that. My hotel didnt report me, so immigration didnt give me extension. The same about another guy from ThaiVisa.

Tomorrow I will go to immigration. My new hotel said they report me to immigration.  My visa expired yesterday in Sunday, today is holiday, so hope I will not have problem with overstay and I dont say about pay fine. 

39 minutes ago, asdfrules said:

Do they require and enforce TM30 at CW?  Often?  Occasionally?

In the link, both posters number 1 & 19 were denied 30 extensions Friday at Chaeng Wattana for their tourist visas because they did not have a TM30s on file. 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1093609-tourist-visa-extension-denied-at-immigration-office-due-to-missing-tm30-slip/

40 minutes ago, asdfrules said:

How is it that they've never bugged me about this before?  Am I lucky?

Immigration has decided to enforce laws/rules that have been around for years.   On Thursday a Bangkok condo was "raided".  Ten Immigration Officers spent half the day in the lobby demanding people show TM30s and TM28s in their passport. 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1093484-thai-immigration-check-bangkok/

• Like 2

OP, you could ask at your apartment's office before going to Chaeng Watthana. The big question, I think, is if they accept a report that was made when you moved in - but that's only relevant if at least that was done.

If in doubt, you could check into a hotel as suggested, or if you're traveling away from Bangkok at some point before your extension is due, use the local immigration office there (assuming that you will stay at hotels while traveling around anyway).

Bit of a mess this as for genuine tourist/leasure people it not their fault rental places not following the law.

Immigration either need drop the tm30 or put some effort in and when people turn up witthout tm30 ring hotel/appartment and validate the foriegner stays there and send in paperwork for the fine .

As is the only people getting ballache is the foreigner and if not their property or relations it got sweet fa do with them sort it out or suffer due to thai laziness .

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The rules and laws may have been around for years but the enforcement from one immigration office to another is what has changed. Just note it is not the apartment complex/building that reports you to immigration for your TM30 in is the owner of the apartment or yourself as the housemaster with a rental contract/lease. Just hoops to jump through and opportunities to bring in money for the immigration office. 

• Like 2

I successfully got an extension on my exempt stamp today. No questions asked about tm30 even though my apartment’s owner didn’t file one. Feel relieved.
When Chaengwattana start requiring TM30 receipts for all Extensions we will certainly know about it. It will be chaos!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Some of our teachers did their annual Extensions at Chaengwattana today, and TM30s were never mentioned.  There doesn't seem to be any concrete information that the policy has changed for Extensions in general.

Something I read makes me think that due to the short working week, (3 days) and them being busy, they might be overlooking the need for TM30, likely temporary though. 

• Like 1

OP here.  Appreciate the discussion.

I'll go to extend 1 week before it expires.  If they hassle me about a TM30, I'll book a hotel that I won't use for 1 night, then go back to CW and apply again.

What a freaking hassle.  In all my travels, I've never seen any BS like this.  Poorly thought out, randomly enforced, easily bypassed, and probably not effective in whatever they are trying to accomplish.  I'm really looking forward moving somewhere more welcoming soon.

So if I do need to book a hotel, how does that work in regards to the TM30?  Do I get a copy of it and present it at immigration?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, asdfrules said:

Poorly thought out, randomly enforced, easily bypassed, and probably not effective in whatever they are trying to accomplish. 

It's not supposed to be "effective" at tracking us.  But ...

On 4/9/2019 at 10:32 AM, Hawkman said:

will put off many Thais renting to foreigners.

Yep.  And drive out the foreigners directly, as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone extended their SETV at CW recently? Did they ask/check for TM30?
I extended my last SETV this May at CW without being registered and they did not ask for it.

I'm thinking of booking a cheap hostel for 2 nights to avoid any trouble (making sure they do the reporting).

Will they ask me where i stayed prior to that booking?

update: did the SETV extension today at CW, no questions asked. this was my third extension this year at CW.

booked a hostel room for 2 nights yesterday. think it wasn't necessary but i just wanted to avoid any complications.