UK parliament approves Brexit law forcing May to consult on delay

webfact

24 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

To see Ms May go to Germany and not Brussels shows who owns EU.

to see her kow tow, she did all but lick Mertel boots

Germany lost both wars but has won the right to rule Europe.

You work it out.

As Helmuth von Moltke stated in 1940. 

We, the Germans will create a common currency. We will know how to rule Europe in the name of progress.

We are rushing toward a common currency.

And yes, the nazi idealology of him has succeeded. And Ms May grovelling .SHAME

That'll be why she is in Brussels now.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/9/2019 at 4:51 AM, Basil B said:

I do not see Labour looking forward to the next GE either.

Only one person kicking the can...

adams20190225.thumb.jpg.c87513717d207b8dde21f6be906c7d2c.jpg

As for the EU, they know it is highly likely if they refuse an extension the UK will revoke Article 50 before 11pm on Friday...

According to reports today here in the U.K. there is a very good likelihood of Labour winning a forthcoming General Election. And all because of the remainers. Well done.

0F05B241-2863-4F99-AC23-D1ECDC623A36.jpeg

On 4/9/2019 at 8:04 AM, Blue Muton said:

63,400 people in Newport West just had the opportunity to vote for UKIP yet only 2,200 did. I think that tells us something.

Would I be correct in pointing out to you,that at this by- Election, both the Labour Party and the Conservative parties saw their votes more then halved, while UKIP with a questionable candidate, saw their votes more than double.

19 minutes ago, nontabury said:

According to reports today here in the U.K. there is a very good likelihood of Labour winning a forthcoming General Election. And all because of the remainers. Well done.

Link please...

2 minutes ago, nontabury said:

In todays U.K. newspaper

Poll bombshell reveals Labour has surged into the lead as Tory support plummets

Which paper...

All that says labour has taken the lead in the opinion polls, it has already been widely stated that at this time that it is highly unlikely that either party would have a majority if there was a general election in the near future.

Anyway when have Brexiteers taken notice of opinion polls??? 

29 minutes ago, alinityy said:

The passage of the bill represents a significant blow to May's authority, overturning the long-standing convention that the government has sole control of the agenda in parliament, allowing it to control what laws are passed.

It also creates another flashpoint in a deeply divided body of lawmakers that could undermine May's attempts to persuade Brussels she can get parliament to back a Brexit deal if the EU gives her more time.

Democracy in disgrace. We laugh at so called US democracy.

Then we find Westminster democracy is also a laugh.

And every day it gets more laughable. A joke

May the younger people have some reason and may Ms May be shown to be the the most stupid,ignorant, elitist anti Brit person ever 

I go away for a few hours and the lunatics have taken over the asylum. 

Oborne is the former political editor of the Daily Telegraph, a prominent and respected Brexiter and a lifelong Conservative. And here he was with quiet intelligence talking directly to his fellow Eurosceptics, persuading them to take a breath, swallow their pride and consider again. “We will never be forgiven if and when Brexit goes wrong. Future generations will look back at what we did and damn us.” He and his wife have five children, so for him this is not metaphorical question.

My bet is that for them it is becoming clear that Brexit will be something they regret rather than feel proud of. It is these Brexiters Oborne was addressing. Will they be brave enough to say after all we have heard and seen, is it time to take the safer, saner course?

Wishful thinking? Maybe. But who could have imagined even a year ago we would be reading headlines on revoking article 50? Those reasoned voices that command respect among the Tory ranks, such as Oborne’s, may yet build to a swell and help turn the tide.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/10/tory-brexit-peter-oborne-leaving-eu 

0F05B241-2863-4F99-AC23-D1ECDC623A36.jpeg.52762945f01ee1262978d7efe7b428dc.jpeg
Both of them will lose seats to the Brexit Party who will surprise a few people[emoji6]
Ukip maybe get 1 seat.
I think if there is to be a GE..it will be a hung parliament.
Tories will go cap in hand to the DUP..BREXIT PARTY AND POSSIBLY UKIP
Labour would be told to go forth and multiply by the DUP
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, nontabury said:

Would I be correct in pointing out to you,that at this by- Election, both the Labour Party and the Conservative parties saw their votes more then halved, while UKIP with a questionable candidate, saw their votes more than double.

And maybe the Monster Raving Loony Party quadrupled their vote from 100 to 400? There appear to be some Brexiteer mathematical geniuses around here.

57 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Both of them will lose seats to the Brexit Party who will surprise a few peopleemoji6.png
Ukip maybe get 1 seat.
I think if there is to be a GE..it will be a hung parliament.
Tories will go cap in hand to the DUP..BREXIT PARTY AND POSSIBLY UKIP
Labour would be told to go forth and multiply by the DUP
Cheers

Cap in hand to the one dodgy geezer sitting in the corner.

Dream on..both tories and labour get a big kick where it hurts if I'm any judge.
The luvy libdems..perhaps pick up a few extra votes..green party..do not think so.
Brexit Party and Ukip will do very well. Ukip..massive votes with maybe 1 mp..Brexit Party..just watch them go..perhaps 5/6 mp's.
Dup..same old same old.
As I said..tories will have to go cap in hand to Brexit..Dup and msybe ukip to form a govt.
The dup would tell corbyn the "facts of life" then tell him to go forth and multiply.
Bring on the next GE!!!!!!

Cap in hand to the one dodgy geezer sitting in the corner.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, malagateddy said:

Dream on..both tories and labour get a big kick where it hurts if I'm any judge.
The luvy libdems..perhaps pick up a few extra votes..green party..do not think so.
Brexit Party and Ukip will do very well. Ukip..massive votes with maybe 1 mp..Brexit Party..just watch them go..perhaps 5/6 mp's.
Dup..same old same old.
As I said..tories will have to go cap in hand to Brexit..Dup and msybe ukip to form a govt.
The dup would tell corbyn the "facts of life" then tell him to go forth and multiply.
Bring on the next GE!!!!!!

The Brexiteer Judge. ????

20 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Hardly surprising, since (a) it's not a deal, but a binding Treaty. And (b) it's not "the Tory government's deal". It was cooked up by EU mafia to ensure that, one way or another, we remain a vassal of the European superstate.

As if this were not depressing enough, the shoddy "deal" is being shoehorned through with the cynical collaboration of a Remain Prime Minister, a Remain negotiating team and a majority-Remain Parliament.

Welcome to the real world.

If your world is the real world, I would rather live in mine where it is the UK government who is hoping to leave the EU, not the other way around. That the EU want to protect their 27 countries' interests, is what any bloc would do.

May got her leaving withdrawal agreement, and its too bad that if you don't like it. Live with it. 

9 hours ago, nontabury said:

You could certainly spin it that way if you wish to. Not sure that Hamilton, dodgy and corrupt as he is, is any more questionable then dodgy and corrupt Farage.

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

If your world is the real world, I would rather live in mine where it is the UK government who is hoping to leave the EU, not the other way around. That the EU want to protect their 27 countries' interests, is what any bloc would do.

May got her leaving withdrawal agreement, and its too bad that if you don't like it. Live with it. 

You dont by any chance work in Brussels or Strasbourg?

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

You dont by any chance work in Brussels or Strasbourg?

I'm not a great fan of European countries, and It doesn't bother me if the UK stays or leaves, providing it benefits the population, which I'm sorry to say it wont, whichever way you look at it. 

At the moment, the Brexit preparation cost is averaging £500 million a week, a lot of which is to employ 15-20,000 additional civil servants to manage Brexit at the ports and across the UK. Still think it's worth leaving?

12 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

I'm not a great fan of European countries, and It doesn't bother me if the UK stays or leaves, providing it benefits the population, which I'm sorry to say it wont, whichever way you look at it. 

At the moment, the Brexit preparation cost is averaging £500 million a week, a lot of which is to employ 15-20,000 additional civil servants to manage Brexit at the ports and across the UK. Still think it's worth leaving?

Yes,as long as it gets us out. It’s just a sorrowful state of affairs that we are being taken for a ride by those in the House of Collaborators.

16 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Anything is now possible, under a corrupt political class.

20203E82-773E-46D1-B0AE-BDE66D104CBA.jpeg

Simple. The referendum in 2016 was not a legally binding public vote. The enactment of that referendum requires the approval of parliament and the upper house. That is democracy in the UK. Now do you understand ?  That is not corrupt rather a process of due law complied with over centuries.

Something that many Brexiteers have been unable to grasp which possibly explains the reason that the minority of the eligible voting population in 2016 were not able to grasp the complexities of an EU exit , and voted to leave, because simply put, they could not or did not have a full understanding of what a "Leave" vote meant

9 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Simple. The referendum in 2016 was not a legally binding public vote. The enactment of that referendum requires the approval of parliament and the upper house. That is democracy in the UK. Now do you understand ?  That is not corrupt rather a process of due law complied with over centuries.

Something that many Brexiteers have been unable to grasp which possibly explains the reason that the minority of the eligible voting population in 2016 were not able to grasp the complexities of an EU exit , and voted to leave, because simply put, they could not or did not have a full understanding of what a "Leave" vote meant

"Ficker than us"...again?

Archived