Foreign off-road biker rescued after suffering stroke on Pattaya hillside

webfact

Foreign off-road biker rescued after suffering stroke on Pattaya hillside

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sawang Boriboon rescue foundation needed to mount a three hour operation on foot to reach a foreign off-road biker who had become sick on a hillside. 

He was with two friends who were unable to help him after he fell unconscious. They alerted the authorities.

The incident happened on an area near the border of Chonburi and Rayong near Khao Wai in the Song Phee Nong Hill area.

When the rescue team arrived they found the man unconscious. He appeared to have had a stroke of some kind and was carried down the hill.

The rescue was not completed until about 11 pm when the man was taken to hospital. 

No names, nationalities or condition of the victim was provided in the Sanook report. 

Source:: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-09

16 hours ago, smedly said:

very young looking to have had a stroke

perhaps something less serious like heat exhaustion and dehydration considering how hot it is right now

Hope he is ok

Unfortunately losing consciousness from heat exhaustion is very serious. Heat stroke comes next if it's more than feeling faint. 

Dehydration if not treated is also serious. I believe I read in Tucson, one can lose up to 2 liters of water an hour, but can only replenish(absorb) 1 liter... A3-4 hour hike could be disastrous even though large amount of fluids are available. Last year... or the year before????. They lost 5 people on the weekend.... all experienced hikers...

• Like 1

Finnish tourist rescued from Chon Buri mountain top

By The Nation

0ad4102d964a9064b6200e887cc274b9.jpeg

Rescuers on Monday carried a Finnish tourist down from the top of a mountain in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district after he had collapsed and become stranded there for more than nine hours.

Officials from the Sawang Boribun Thammasathan Foundation and Bang Lamung district office completed the rescue of Jo Han (not official spelling), 37, at 10.30pm, before rushing him to hospital.

The Finnish tourist and a group of foreign friends had ridden their motorcycles up the forest trail to Khao Wai mountain in Tambon Khao Mai Kaew on Monday morning.

c6e703add93238e21a98feea50d8304e.jpeg

However, after reaching the summit, Jo collapsed because of a pre-existing ailment, and some of his friends rode back down the mountain to seek help. 

Officials first sent a team of motorcyclists to evaluate his symptoms, before sending two teams of 15 rescuers to take turns in carrying him down the mountain.

While he was being carried down, rescuers had to connect him to an oxygen tank to help his breathing.

The rescue operation took about nine hours.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30367424

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-10
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, smedly said:

very young looking to have had a stroke

perhaps something less serious like heat exhaustion and dehydration considering how hot it is right now

Hope he is ok

That's what I thought previously. My brother who is a Physio of 40 years standing told me that even babies can have strokes.

1 hour ago, freebyrd said:

That's what I thought previously. My brother who is a Physio of 40 years standing told me that even babies can have strokes.

yes I understand that but a stroke is generally much more likely in older folk, plus it is impossible to tell if someone suffered a stroke while on the ground unconscious, it is a wild unfounded conclusion.

Looking purely at the physical activity, the age and the current temperature - stroke would be well down the list of explanations for what happened to this guy, maybe "heat stroke" is what they meant

• Like 1

Pre existing condition and on offroad bikes in this tropical heat, not the best combination. 9 hours was a very long rescue operation, hope he will recover and his condition will not get any worse after this. 

• Like 1