Married, New Born Child, Under 50 Yrs Old, No Income, Can Show Money In Bank

We have been in Norway for some months now to have our baby born. We got married when being here and the 3 of us are returning to Thailand in a couple of months.

I am under 50 years old and can only show an income of 15 k per month. I can show enough money in the bank but as I understand this is not an option anymore.

So in my situation, is the only thing I can get a 90 days Non-O single entry from the thai embassy in norway?

What is the best visa I could obtain in my situation. I would of course want to have a one year multiple entry visa. Where to go or what steps could I take to obtain that?

We have been in Norway for some months now to have our baby born. We got married when being here and the 3 of us are returning to Thailand in a couple of months.

I am under 50 years old and can only show an income of 15 k per month. I can show enough money in the bank but as I understand this is not an option anymore.

So in my situation, is the only thing I can get a 90 days Non-O single entry from the thai embassy in norway?

What is the best visa I could obtain in my situation. I would of course want to have a one year multiple entry visa. Where to go or what steps could I take to obtain that?

Congratulations with your newborn!Can't you get a multiple nonO in norway?If you can just take it,you need only the married copy of paper from you and your wife signed and ready to go!

What you talk about is the single entry which you have to extend in thailand ,which you have to show combined income from you or your wife or together of 45k.If cannot get this together ,the only option is the multiple,would really surprise me if they not have this service in Norway!Are you married yet in Thailand?You should also to make your stay in Thailand easier.When you plan to stay longtime,you will need the combined income of 40k in the later stage,but only with single nonO.When cannot just stay on multiples,but difficult to get them around thailand these days,for that (SING)need 400k in bankaccount,but malaysia still not need any money to show.So good luck and enjoy your time.

He is a cute little boy in his fifth week and growing fast . Mother and son is just fine after the birth.

I guess they issue a Non-O in Norway, but can it be as a multiple entry visa?

And what about income or money in bank?

Our marriage we will register in Thailand as soon as we are back. We just married some months ago in Norway to get a one year visa for her and for our son to get all the legal rights.

You should be able to get a multi entry Non Imm O in your own country which will give you 15 months in Thailand if you use it correctly. You will of course have to exit and return every 90 days.

No money in the bank needed.

Edited by Lite Beer

So under the above circumstances thai embassies around Europe issue Non-O visas as multiple entry.

Anyone with some experiance here?

Yes normally, embassies and consulates around Europe will issue a multiple entry Non Imm O type visa to applicants who have a Thai wife (reason to visit family). I have heard however that the Thai embassy in Sweden don't issue them so I hope you are lucky in Norway. If not plan your trip via UK where you can certainly get one if you have an address in UK.

Incidentally you dont need to register your marriage in Thailand. The certificate you have in Norway is valid worldwide.There are no advantages for your wife or yourself for her to declare herself married to a foreigner whilst in Thailand. No problems for you either if you wish to extend visas in Thailand etc either.

Wow - wouldn't it be great if others would post this. Great to see..

Sadly, the best advice to anyone in a western country with a thai wife and kid would be not to come back here to LOS unless you're rich - of course then you wouldn't need those visa companies to help you...now would you. Thailand doesn't want "us" here. Those of us who are ALREADY here with thai wives and kids are planning our exits. My advice is DO NOT come here now. Wait around three to five years to see what happens.

Good luck to the real folks out there who are seriously thinking about this.. and always remain sceptical about what you read about thailand, the outlook and property here (ok -sure including this if you want)

I still hear foreigners complaining about "thailand dont want us foreiners this and that....." just the same over and over again. I`ve been living in thailand for many years allready and I very well know my way around in this easy living country.

Nice peolpe

Always good weather

Superb kitchen

Best beaches

Cheap

Good infrastructure

Traveling

Little violence

Easy to start small business, which goes for most people

Beautiful girls

Fun and exciting capital

...and a lot more.

Overall I belive it beats most countries. Its as good as you make it yourself.

Dont come back if you`re not rich... What crap is that? The ones belive this to be true might look into ones personal economy and say; "DO NOT come here if you are as poor as me!"

The truth is that you dont need to be rich to live in Thailand. Its cheap to invest in some small business for your wife or gf to make money from. Its quite easy to open a company which will give you the visas you need or you can just travel in and out of Thailand like before just in a slightly different way.

There is NO country in the world where you can live a so good life for so little money. I also belive this to be the reason for why some people also are complaining a lot. Just because they cant keep up economically, they simply blame it on Thailand. They really dont want to leave is more the truth.

I belive visa rules should be tight in any country. Just because you travelled to Thailand and had a blast for some months, years, it does not give you the rights to stay there forever or to have the same rights as thais.

We have the same problem in Norway as with many other European countries. There is a lot of people here that we really wish had never come. Now there is no way back as our countries have changed radically. What I am thinking about is too many muslims with demands, muslim mosques everywhere, low cost foreign workers, street violence, criminal activities, rapings, muggings, drugs flowing in, russian-african-east european hookers, etc etc.. Its ten times more dangerous to move around down town Oslo in the evenings compared to Bangkok. Thats just shitty in a city with only +500.000 inhabitants.

I am supose to be from one of the best countries in the world, my economic situation is good, education is good, lots of good friends....... but I want live in Thailand. How do you understand that?? Real simple, for me its better than Norway.

Thats how good Thailand is

Yeah, maybe Thailand changed a little over the years, to be honest I think it is for a better future Thailand.

If you are serious about staying there, taking part in the thai society and culture, having a family there and it is a great country!

Apply for a multiple entry visa at the Royal Thai Consulate-General Dagaliveien 19 0776 Oslo Tel : (47) 2214 7665 They are a lot friendlier than the folks at the Thai Embassy.

I still hear foreigners complaining about "thailand dont want us foreiners this and that....." just the same over and over again. I`ve been living in thailand for many years allready and I very well know my way around in this easy living country.

Well, let's see... Married, under 50 years old and can only show an income of 15 k per month...

Boy, are you in for a nice little eye-opener! :o

Dont come back if you`re not rich... What crap is that? The ones belive this to be true might look into ones personal economy and say; "DO NOT come here if you are as poor as me!"
It seems your 15k/month are good enough for a 1st world country where the average wage is several times your income but it's not for a 3rd world country where the average wage is half of your income...

Get "what crap that is" now?

The truth is that you dont need to be rich to live in Thailand. Its cheap to invest in some small business for your wife or gf to make money from. Its quite easy to open a company which will give you the visas you need or you can just travel in and out of Thailand like before just in a slightly different way.

In your first post you got my sympathy but it seems it's such a piece of cake finding a way to legally stay in LOS with your wife and children that you don't need it really.

Glad to see you have so many easy options and waiting to see which one you go for...

There is NO country in the world where you can live a so good life for so little money. I also belive this to be the reason for why some people also are complaining a lot. Just because they cant keep up economically, they simply blame it on Thailand. They really dont want to leave is more the truth.
Frankly, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I was living in Thailand on 15k/month. Let alone with a wife and a young children...

There is no place like the West to be poor.

I belive visa rules should be tight in any country. Just because you travelled to Thailand and had a blast for some months, years, it does not give you the rights to stay there forever or to have the same rights as thais.

It seems the Thais are of your same school of thought: visa rules should be tight and just because you travelled to Thailand, had a blast for some years, married a Thai and fathered a Thai citizen, it does not give you the right to stay there forever or to have the same rights as Thais...

We have the same problem in Norway as with many other European countries. There is a lot of people here that we really wish had never come. Now there is no way back as our countries have changed radically. What I am thinking about is too many muslims with demands, muslim mosques everywhere, low cost foreign workers, street violence, criminal activities, rapings, muggings, drugs flowing in, russian-african-east european hookers, etc etc.. Its ten times more dangerous to move around down town Oslo in the evenings compared to Bangkok. Thats just shitty in a city with only +500.000 inhabitants.

I am supose to be from one of the best countries in the world, my economic situation is good, education is good, lots of good friends....... but I want live in Thailand. How do you understand that?? Real simple, for me its better than Norway.

Thats how good Thailand is

As I have written in another thread (funnily, to another Norwegian): while Thai spouses of Norwegian citizens are usually TAKING from Norway (because Norway is a country which grants many rights and benefits to its citizens and their spouses), Norwegian spouses of Thai citizens are usually GIVING to Thailand (because Thailand is a country which grants very few rights and benefits to its citizens and almost none to their spouses).

Yet bad Norway has granted your incomeless wife a 1 year permit to stay, the possibility to work any job and buy any thing and would give her, in time, PR and citizenship and good Thailand has "granted" the husband of one of its citizens and the father of another and who earns about twice as much as its average citizen the possibility to struggle to get a 90 days permit to stay (for "visiting the wife"!!)...

"Thats how good Thailand is".

Yeah, maybe Thailand changed a little over the years, to be honest I think it is for a better future Thailand.

If you are serious about staying there, taking part in the thai society and culture, having a family there and it is a great country!

What "taking part in the Thai society and culture" do you think there is for an Alien, Non Immigrant on perpetual 90 days visa runs..?

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Edited by BAF

Some good explaining you got there mr BAF. Actually they all pretty much stink. So why are you still in Thailand if you critizise "thats how good Thailand is"?

You have noticed the foreigners being there all year around for decades havent you.. Their not giving it up are they? Have you seen many been leaving lately because it so bad?

You just go back and moan about it if you think its so bad.

I said the 400 k was not an option anymore. Thats the whole reason for opening this thread.

Have you ever seen well off peoples annual statements, NO income NO tax paid. I guess not. After your philosofy they should be in for a nice little eye opener right.

I think you`re just sitting in a whole somewhere struggeling to keep your things together.

Some good explaining you got there mr BAF. Actually they all pretty much stink.

Actually, you haven't refuted any one of them...

So why are you still in Thailand if you critizise "thats how good Thailand is"?
"My Visa Run"
You have noticed the foreigners being there all year around for decades havent you.. Their not giving it up are they? Have you seen many been leaving lately because it so bad?

I have known very few who have stayed "decades", I have met many who have stayed for many years under many of the options which don't exist anymore or which are gradually disappearing.

And I do know of people who are leaving LOS because of the latest worsenings of the laws, regulations and attitudes.

You just go back and moan about it if you think its so bad.
Yep, that's what I'm enjoying doing right now! :o
I said the 400 k was not an option anymore. Thats the whole reason for opening this thread.

And also easy back-to-back 30 days visa exemptions on arrival, and easy multi-entry TV, and easy multi-entry N-I, and easy investment visas etc etc etc

That's the whole point of my reply.

I'm very curious to see which one of the many easy options you are left with you are going to take... :D

Have you ever seen well off peoples annual statements, NO income NO tax paid. I guess not. After your philosofy they should be in for a nice little eye opener right.

I think you`re just sitting in a whole somewhere struggeling to keep your things together.

Again, in case you really are wondering: "My Visa Run"

It's not me the one struggling to stay/get back to LOS...

Edited by BAF

Haha.. I am just laughing! I ve read some of your postings and you`re just moaning around in this forum because this whole visa thing is getting on your nerves. I have never really felt the visa thing as a problem.

Look here at your post in "my visa run". You say;

"At the moment I'm living in the West (Italy) with my Thai wife and everything is just about perfect and moving back to Asia is just my "Plan B".

The ONLY remaining reason why I am still considering Thailand (where I have lived for an extended period of time) is because I know the lingo, the place and the people very well. It took a huge effort and I am not willing to start it all over again if at all possible.

But it now seems that even if I would still want to choose Thailand (notwithstanding all the very bad news coming of late and the bad changes I have witnessed in the last 5 years) I couldn't spend my time and my money in LOS since I am well under 50 and I would come to Thailand unmarried, with no need (and no will) to work and presumably with no intention of getting married again (and certainly not within the first 3 months...).

As things stand now, I would be undecided between the Philippines and Cambodia with Thailand completely out of the picture..."

If people read you posting it is obvious what is the reason for people like you moaning and complaining endless. You are just not strong enough or able to adapt to some minor change in rules. A huge effort....! What is that.. Did you not face any bigger challenges in life than moving back to Italy. All my foreign friends in Thailand who is real people never see this visa thing as a big problem.

Like "Casanundra" say in the thread "my visa run"; ** IF ** you want to stay you can find a way

And it obvious that you dont know your lesson. I will get a 12 monts Non-O married to a thai, possible to extend to 15 months.

Thats more than my gf got in Norway. And you know what. Because I am som well off I couldnt even get her to Norway.

I have NO income registered NO tax paid for maaaaaany years in Norway. Norway requires a minimum of +1.000.000 THB (180.000 NOK) in income for a Norwegian citizen to invite someone to stay for a maximum of 3 months on a tourist visa. A family member of mine had to apply to get her here.

We then had to beat the system by getting married in Norway, and then also... I had to GO OUT THERE AND TAKE A JOB. There is no way around this rule for getting her a 1 year visa. The law here requires a minimum of 3 months income (15.000 NOK x 3) to have the application approved. I worked for 2 months through a company I am the owner of. I showed a 4 times higher salary and applied after only 2 months on the bases of this high salary and my wife being pregnant.

Application approved, and I stopped working. I know work with changing diaper on my son and I love it!

You dont know shit about others countries and how the visa rules are there. One thing is for sure though. Neither in Italy or Norway you can come sloching in to the immigration being a citizen outside of EU, over 50 yrs old, with 800.000 THB and say; Hi I want to retire here!

Things are not just either BLACK or WHITE which is exactly how you look at things.

BAF, You are welcomed back when you are over 50 to retire and when the visa strain is not to much for you to handle.

Haha.. I am just laughing! I ve read some of your postings and you`re just moaning around in this forum because this whole visa thing is getting on your nerves. I have never really felt the visa thing as a problem.

Look here at your post in "my visa run". You say;

"At the moment I'm living in the West (Italy) with my Thai wife and everything is just about perfect and moving back to Asia is just my "Plan B".

The ONLY remaining reason why I am still considering Thailand (where I have lived for an extended period of time) is because I know the lingo, the place and the people very well. It took a huge effort and I am not willing to start it all over again if at all possible.

But it now seems that even if I would still want to choose Thailand (notwithstanding all the very bad news coming of late and the bad changes I have witnessed in the last 5 years) I couldn't spend my time and my money in LOS since I am well under 50 and I would come to Thailand unmarried, with no need (and no will) to work and presumably with no intention of getting married again (and certainly not within the first 3 months...).

As things stand now, I would be undecided between the Philippines and Cambodia with Thailand completely out of the picture..."

If people read you posting it is obvious what is the reason for people like you moaning and complaining endless. You are just not strong enough or able to adapt to some minor change in rules. A huge effort....! What is that.. Did you not face any bigger challenges in life than moving back to Italy."

That is that you haven't got what the huge effort was: it was not moving back to Italy, it was learning "the lingo, the place and the people".

Less laughters reading my post and you would have probably understood it. Or maybe not. :o

All my foreign friends in Thailand who is real people never see this visa thing as a big problem.

Like "Casanundra" say in the thread "my visa run"; ** IF ** you want to stay you can find a way

Yeah, you can always find a way... F1 visa runner.

Your handle says it all.

And it obvious that you dont know your lesson. I will get a 12 monts Non-O married to a thai, possible to extend to 15 months.

No sweat eh...

In any case, that's the maximum you can ever hope for from the homecountry of your wife and your child: 1 year NON IMMIGRANT permit of stay for "visiting the family"...

Enjoy.

Thats more than my gf got in Norway. And you know what. Because I am som well off I couldnt even get her to Norway.

I have NO income registered NO tax paid for maaaaaany years in Norway. Norway requires a minimum of +1.000.000 THB (180.000 NOK) in income for a Norwegian citizen to invite someone to stay for a maximum of 3 months on a tourist visa. A family member of mine had to apply to get her here.

We then had to beat the system by getting married in Norway, and then also... I had to GO OUT THERE AND TAKE A JOB. There is no way around this rule for getting her a 1 year visa. The law here requires a minimum of 3 months income (15.000 NOK x 3) to have the application approved. I worked for 2 months through a company I am the owner of. I showed a 4 times higher salary and applied after only 2 months on the bases of this high salary and my wife being pregnant.

Application approved, and I stopped working. I know work with changing diaper on my son and I love it!

I am not interested in discussing AGAIN the Norwegian immigration laws.

Suffice to say that with your actual 15k baht/month, no present job and no tax paid your incomeless wife is staying in Norway and, correct me if I am wrong, can work, buy land and houses and enjoy countless other benefits like any other Norwegian citizens.

Does she have to report to immigration every 90 days, F1 visa runner? Or does she have to do 90 days visa runs, F1 visa runner?

You dont know shit about others countries and how the visa rules are there. One thing is for sure though. Neither in Italy or Norway you can come sloching in to the immigration being a citizen outside of EU, over 50 yrs old, with 800.000 THB and say; Hi I want to retire here!

Correct me if I am wrong but at the moment neither you nor me are interested nor qualify for a so called "retirement visa", is that right?

I am not interested in discussing something that is not, at present, of any use to me (and to you) and which will probably not be there anymore (especially in the present, and already many times worsened, form) when, 20 years from now, I will "qualify"...

Things are not just either BLACK or WHITE which is exactly how you look at things.

BAF, You are welcomed back when you are over 50 to retire and when the visa strain is not to much for you to handle.

That is my point, F1 visa runner: as things stand, both you and me are presently NOT welcome in Thailand...

Whether we will when we retire is anybody's guess. And the fact that they have just doubled the amount they are asking for (an amount which is ten times the average Thai yearly wage) should really tell you something. But it obviously does not.

Again, good luck and once you manage, in one way or another, to get back to Thailand report back on the board if they allowed you a "12 months extendable to 15" or you are going to be an eternal F1 visa runner... :D

Edited by BAF

No strange there are wars going on. <deleted> is wrong with you?

And what is this splitting up everyones postings all over the forum, and trying to give an answer to each and every sentence in ones post?

You must have a serious problems to see the bigger picture in things.

Considering your answers its not hard to understand that you want Thailand to be exactly the way you want it to be. You want Thailand to be tailored just the way it suits you and your needs best.

You know what... IT DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT.

You say; ”I am not interested in discussing AGAIN the Norwegian immigration laws.”

Who the f... brought up what benefits the Norwegian government granted my girlfriend?

It sure wasnt me. Now because the western countries visa subjects doesnt fit your battle against Thailand.... you juste easy skip this subject.

You`re just jumping back and forth as it suits you as always.

GET THIS; My girlfriendf would never had set a foot in my country if it wasnt for me or any another foreigner. If she did manage to come there as a tourist after all and she would only be given a permit to stay for a maximum 3 months, no matter what. After that not allowed into Norway or Schengen again within the next 3 months. If overstay by only 1 day, BANNED and NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER WITHIN THE VERY NEXT 2 YEARS.

Have you ever... even close to this experienced a similar situation as a tourist in Thailand.. Not even close!

Because Thailand is just the oposite of this and this is the reason for why you got the longtimers that after some years start claiming rights.

Imagine how Thailand would be if the borders were more open? Has this ever occured to you? I guess then your moaning would be about the borders being too open right.... and your life being shitty as the price on the condo you bought just dropped because of some shitty neighbourhood you ended up in.

The world is on the move mr BAF. Wake up and see the reality!

You talk about foreigners and their rights in Thailand. What rights do the thais got. Have you ever seen a thai living off of some welfare program. Yep thats how good the rights and welfare are.

If given a permanent residence and the rights to buy land only if being married to a thai,

and you dont need to be a rocket scientist to understand that Thailand would be THE country in the world with the highest numbers of scam-marriage. Is this so hard for you to get or what? Thailand is not about indefinitely stay and land rights.

Sure it would be pleasant for me, you and others to get all these rights but that does not in any way set the rules.

Be happy that you are from Italy with enough rights from before and not for example from Burma. Have you seen the last rules for the Burmese workers issued in Phuket. I guess not.

Not allowed outside after 8 o`clock in the evening without a representant from the company.

Not allowed to own a cellular phone

Not allowed to own a vehicle.

You would be good off living after these kinda rules for a period to understand that the world is not run after your personal needs and also never will.

And please stop that TAKING and GIVING ideology you`ve got on your mind. Then you have misunderstood the whole thing.

Edited by F1 Visa Runner

Wow - wouldn't it be great if others would post this. Great to see..

Sadly, the best advice to anyone in a western country with a thai wife and kid would be not to come back here to LOS unless you're rich - of course then you wouldn't need those visa companies to help you...now would you. Thailand doesn't want "us" here. Those of us who are ALREADY here with thai wives and kids are planning our exits. My advice is DO NOT come here now. Wait around three to five years to see what happens.

Good luck to the real folks out there who are seriously thinking about this.. and always remain sceptical about what you read about thailand, the outlook and property here (ok -sure including this if you want)

Actually Thailand doesn't mind "us" being here as long as we are legal and meet all the requirements. Most of "us" that I know here ALREADY have no intention of leaving.

My advice is to come over to Thailand and see how you BOTH feel about it. I am sure that your wife's family will welcome you, I know that mine did and still do.

Sure you should always remain aware of what you read in ANY forum but remember that you WILL need money to live on and get your own place, which in my case and many others is actually my wifes place.

A long time ago I came to the conclusion that

if I divorce my wife and I actually win the house and land I would have to sell it anyway by law plus I wouldn't want it.

I KNOW that I am going to die sometime and I don't know of anybody who has sucessfuly taken anything with them.

Also it is my wife and sons' future and who am I to take that away?

I wish you and your family the best of luck for the future.

And what is this splitting up everyones postings all over the forum, and trying to give an answer to each and every sentence in ones post?

You must have a serious problems to see the bigger picture in things.

In many of the discussions I have had on the boards it comes a point when somebody comes up with remarks like these.

It's called point by point replying and it helps to go deep into the arguments and to actually go somewhere, to reach some sort of conclusion and not to repeat the same points over and over ignoring the (counter)arguments proving/refuting them.

If the ones objecting to my "style" of replying (you know, I do have some arguments and facts to base my points on and would like for a discussion to progress) would do the same we wouldn't be going in circle.

The rest of your reply perfectly proves this.

Would you like for me to reply only to some of the points and statements you make? How many can/should I reply to? Which ones can/should I choose?

Let me know so I can reply, tnx.

Right on BAF. As spouses of Thai citizens and fathers of Thai citizens we have no rights here at all. We are 'granted' the right to 'apply' for 90 day visas to 'visit' our families. That's mighty big of Thailand.

So Visa Runner - "What kind of crap is that?"

Oh sorry I forgot you said one of the great things about Thailand is "Superb kitchen." Huh?

..and by the way to the OP. I'm not saying you shouldn't come here. I'm just saying you need to know in advance what others of us who are here ( not living in bloody Norway or Iceland or somewhere) what we've learned the hard way.

Yes it is a beautiful country and yes it does have nice people and beautiful women, ya-da ya-da..that's why we got married to Thais, tried to settle down and raise families HERE. But the Thai authorities keep throwing up more and more roadblocks. IMHO it's part of a bigger clamp down on all foreigners (esp migrants from other countries that the Thais seem deadly afraid of - why I don't know..anyway) not just farangs or Japanese, Taiwanese, etc.

My main point the Visa Runner chose to ignore (as someone else points out) is that you should be aware that many of us here see signs that it is going to get worse in the next few years. So sure plan to come. But my considered advice is wait a couple of years first..Is there a pressing reason to come now? If so then come, but don't commit yourself to things like houses or condos yet. Stay and rent for awhile or stay with your wife's family (if you can hack it..) then decide.

Whatever you do good luck.

Edited by thaigene2

If there is reason for us to come... Yeah I would say so as we got our lives there. We just came to Norway in october. I am not a first timer in thai. I have been there for years and also made sure we have had some good business there through my gf.

We deceided to go to Norway to give birth as I had not even been back home for 2 years. In the past family and many friends came down to us. If not going here now and I dont think I would be able to go back before spring/summer -08. Then it would be almost 4 years away from Norway which I just thought was just too long. We have the -07/-08 high season to get ready for and we have a lot to do. Thats the reason why.

And I do want to get back to our homes, and my 6 personal vehicles as I am crazy about cars, bikes and mods! Gives one pretty much a reason I think.

I just hear too much moaning and things like roadblocks. My advice, go over or around them.

Where there is a will, there is a way. Live after these rules and it makes you happy! :o

Now I am going to sort out the thai birth certificate at the embassy for the litte one.