Wanted - Working 2nd Hand Fridge Under 3000b

jingjoe

There are many pawn shops all over Pattaya that sell second hand fridges, TV's, electrical equipment etc. Soi 17 in South Pattaya, also there are fridges on display outside a shop on the third road just around the corner from the Communications Authority of Thailand.

Where do you stay? There is probably a pawn shop near you given the proclivity of people pawning their goods in Pattaya.

second hand things seem to be quite expensive in thailand. you should be able to get a brand new basic fridge for not much more than 3K. I bought a new Panasonic fridge/freezer at Big C in bangkok for about 4K a year or so ago.

As with most things people get rid of here, they usually arent working as well as they should, especially second hand fridges that have leak gas can cost you the difference in electricity bills for the money you will save on a new one, check C4 and BigC they ahve heaps of specials on and even have some shop soiled they chuck out cheap that have just a few dents and scratches but never been turned on.

Appreciate the helpful replies (I'm helping a friend fit out a room from Aus).

Didn't really appreciate being flamed by the illiterate noob and the fat noob though... maybe you 2 could read the OP and answer the question, or just go to some other place to bump up your post count. :o

Didn't really appreciate being flamed by the illiterate noob and the fat noob though... maybe you 2 could read the OP and answer the question, or just go to some other place to bump up your post count. :o

Oh Jingjoe, these <deleted> have nothing else to do than read posts in order to reply with cheap comments. These creatures have not enough creativity to be original, that's why this forum offers so little information, because you have to read around all the sh*t!!

About your question: as said in an earlier post, there are numerous pawn shops and they offer practically everything. Especially around places where a lot of foreigners live in their compounds/villages (East Side of Skhumvit), you will find a lot of pawn shops.

I have been repeatedly robbed over the last 5 months (my mistake) and it urged me to buy everything new: for a few 100 THB more I bought a new TV, for 500 THB more I bought a new washing machine...........the 2nd hand stuff is pretty expensive....or....is the new stuff so cheap maybe.

Just go to Tesco, Carrefour or Big C, they have a lot of promotions every week.

Looks like all roads point to NEW (the exact opposite of what young people first starting out on their own in Aus used to do), So NEW tv, washing machine, fridge & microwave it is... Thanks again, I'll cough up for new stuff.

Still begs the question... out of interest... where and when do pawn shops etc etc have their auctions?? Do Thai's even have auctions? Is it something the thais do?

Edited by tywais

Jingjoe,

I don't know how pawn shops in the West work, but here in Thailand there no auctions.

If you are in the unucky circumstance to cash some kind of equipment at a pawn shop, you'll get 15-30 days to come up with the 'borrowed' cah + interest, otherwise it will be sold.

Sometimes you can extend the 15-30 days period, but not before you have paid the interest over the first one.

The pawn shops do not live from the interest they receive but more from the profit of the goods they received as pawn.

Why do I know? My ex-friend was a regular visitor of numerous pawn shops. Of course with my equipment.

Didn't really appreciate being flamed by the illiterate noob and the fat noob though... maybe you 2 could read the OP and answer the question, or just go to some other place to bump up your post count.

Don't post such stupid ass questions without doing any work or research for yourself and then you might not get flamed. It was obvious you had not even walked into a store and look at a single price for yourself. And my god, 3,000 for a refrigerator, please, how much cheaper can you get. I have a Masters degree by the way, what do you have? I also jog on the beach everyday and swim in the pool, what do you do?

Didn't really appreciate being flamed by the illiterate noob and the fat noob though... maybe you 2 could read the OP and answer the question, or just go to some other place to bump up your post count.

Don't post such stupid ass questions without doing any work or research for yourself and then you might not get flamed. It was obvious you had not even walked into a store and look at a single price for yourself. And my god, 3,000 for a refrigerator, please, how much cheaper can you get. I have a Masters degree by the way, what do you have? I also jog on the beach everyday and swim in the pool, what do you do?

Silly noob, why is it that the highly educated (only semiliterate) that invade society have so little CDF?

Noobie..... if you are going to contribute, please do. May I again suggest you read what has been said... eg I am in AUSTRALIA, hard to make it to the Pattaya shops. Small bar fridges here are readily available 2nd hand for $50, I wanted to know in the OP if the situation was the same in Pattaya.

Fortunately for every c/sucker like you there are 100 cool TV people that will assist, so, stand down, you're not required.

Probably best if you just "run along" now like a good chap, a battle of wits with the half-armed such as you is no battle at all.

What a tool. :o

Dude, no matter what you post, I am not the sorry ass MF lucking for a 3,000 refrigerator. So sad!

Whats wrong with saving a few baht here or there? If the OP can get a 3,000 Baht fridge that works within his needs, then why not.

Why waste money on buying new, if there is a good SH market for these goods?

Doesn't make him a Cheap Charlie, it makes him more thrifty than "fools and their money". Not that I'm calling you a fool you understand. That much is self evident! :o

Good luck in your search OP. (Sounds like New would be the way to go if they are as cheap as people make out, and the quality of the SH isn't upto scratch)

Cheers

Phil

Oh Jingjoe, these <deleted> have nothing else to do than read posts in order to reply with cheap comments. These creatures have not enough creativity to be original, that's why this forum offers so little information, because you have to read around all the sh*t!!

billaaa777 what exactly have you contributed to the OP? Why do you humiliate yourself so? :o