Thai Foreign Affairs Ministry to discuss ’diplomatic protocol’ with diplomats

webfact

Thai Foreign Affairs Ministry to discuss ’diplomatic protocol’ with diplomats

dc3a4144e5c5b13b5918cb72dd6872235b690ca8.jpg

BANGKOK, 11 April 2019 (NNT) – The Foreign Affairs Ministry of Thailand plans to talk to foreign diplomats after the Thai government called the action of some foreign diplomats accompanying Future Forward Party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit to a police station on Saturday, "a breach of diplomatic protocol."

Foreign Affairs Minister Don Pramudwinai said such action broke diplomatic protocol and could be seen as interfering in the justice system. He said

“We will invite them to discuss the issue and ask for their cooperation in ensuring that the observation which is not practiced in their countries does not happen again, as it does not comply with the United Nations’ diplomatic principles in many respects, because the only involvement the embassies can have is when the case involves a citizen from their countries, which is international practice, but when it comes to cases not involving their citizens, no host country would allow this to happen.”

Meanwhile, the deputy commissioner general of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Srivara Rangsibrahmanakul revealed the latest progress in the case, saying that the police are still gathering evidence and witnesses, and will continue to call in related persons, now identified as 15 persons, to be interviewed. Meanwhile orders have already been issued for certain persons of interest, some of whom have already sent their lawyers to explain their actions.

He said the processing of this case in the military court is due to the nature of the incident which took place while the NCPO order was still in effect, while Mr Thanathorn can ask the military court to transfer the case to a civil court based on the discretion of the judges.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-04-11
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, the deputy commissioner general of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Srivara Rangsibrahmanakul revealed the latest progress in the case, saying that the police are still gathering evidence and witnesses, and will continue to call in related persons, now identified as 15 persons, to be interviewed. Meanwhile orders have already been issued for certain persons of interest, some of whom have already sent their lawyers to explain their actions.

So serious charges have been laid but the police do not have sufficient evidence nor have they in the 4 years since the alleged incident located all the witnesses they feel they need. The smell must be dangerous around this case.

• Like 2

Why all the fuss Don ? Just ask your ambassadors, consuls and attachés posted in the countries concerened,  to go and go same in public, with your ASEAN allies and to protest on local domestic issues in public. Standard tit-for-tat procedure. ????

Edited by observer90210
  • Haha 1

As we are now in limbo land regarding visa rules following Big Jokes sudden departure and, waiting for a new IO boss to be appointed. I kind of wonder what will be the consequences of our embassies showing a united front in support of the Bigs biggest threat and,  whether us expats are in for even more BS as a result.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

As we are now in limbo land regarding visa rules following Big Jokes sudden departure and, waiting for a new IO boss to be appointed. I kind of wonder what will be the consequences of our embassies showing a united front in support of the Bigs biggest threat and,  whether us expats are in for even more BS as a result.

Big jokes departure has nothing to do with Farangs and Immigration is the general consensus of knowledgeable media.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Big jokes departure has nothing to do with Farangs and Immigration is the general consensus of knowledgeable media.  

I agree but you misunderstand what I am saying. The mostly farang diplomatic show in support of the FFP leader has undoubtedly ruffled feathers and, knowing the somchia mentality where might this anger be vented, bearing in mind the current vacuum at IO.

2 hours ago, Tilacme said:

I agree but you misunderstand what I am saying. The mostly farang diplomatic show in support of the FFP leader has undoubtedly ruffled feathers and, knowing the somchia mentality where might this anger be vented, bearing in mind the current vacuum at IO.

I have a Thai wife, Thai family, worked with the Thai military during wartime, what is the somchia mentality? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I am planning to have all the girls who are arrested during Sangkran for wearing too sexy clothing brought to my house but that is not going to happen neither.  

and if you need any help don't hesitate to ask 555

On 4/10/2019 at 10:39 PM, newatthis said:

A bit roundabout, isn't it?  We've charged you; now we're going to find the evidence to back up the charge. 

Phrasal verb "fit up" seems to fit.

Standard Thai junta process, we should be used to it by now...still doesn't make it right.

• Like 1

Don is trying the softly softly fascist approach but it won't work. Try to remember Don that military courts in the sensible world only deal with the military and enemy combatants at a stretch ... something you are yet to learn and popular politicians don't fall into that description. You will only succeed in convincing everyone of what you are trying to hide as true. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 1:58 PM, Brislocal said:

Why is everyone concerned anout these diplomates , they should keep their noses out of another countries internal affares.

Have you ever read a Thai newspaper or online story about Thailand? Course you have, you are replying to one here. So why don't you take your own advice and keep your nose out of other countries' internal affairs?

• Like 1