Proposed address & Reference person - Non O-A application

I asked this in an earlier topic, but maybe the title of this (& a briefer question) is more likely to get a response - I hope so!

In the Non O-A application (for Sydney) it asks for "Proposed address" and "Reference person".

Do I need a confirmed long term ('fixed') address for this [difficult - as I will be travelling at least initially], or would a shorter term hotel booking be OK? Are there implications if I later cancelled that accommodation booking & end up elsewhere (I know hotel would need to report me, or I would do so myself for TM30). 

Also, for 'Reference person in Thailand': Would a contact person at the 'proposed accommodation' satisfy this, or does it have to be someone that 'knows me' & can say I'm a decent chap!?

They only want a proposed address which could be a temporary one. You are not bound to staying at the address since that form goes no further than the archives where you apply for the visa.

The reference person could be anybody you know here. The consulate will not contact them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaicycle said:

Also, for 'Reference person in Thailand': Would a contact person at the 'proposed accommodation' satisfy this, or does it have to be someone that 'knows me' & can say I'm a decent chap!?

You don’t need to provide a reference person. You can leave it blank.

Edited by elviajero