How Far Back Can You Remember In Your Life?

34 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Broadoak Infants School, Ashton-under-Lyne, 5th Sept 1952. New headmistress, Miss Tegg started the same day. I was almost 5.

First teacher Miss Ashton, and my first taste of cocoa.

But can you still remember all the names of the kids who started school with you that day? Be honest now.

18 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

My first memory was before school it was when I was around 2 months old laying in a pram with the hood up, l remember because I didn't like it.

So you can remember when you were around two months old. I think your telling porkies.

57 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

lemember peering up from my blue cot at smiley faces and brylcreem hair waves like grinning cheshire cats.

brylcreem hair waves? That will be the teddy boys then?

11 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

But can you still remember all the names of the kids who started school with you that day? Be honest now.

I'll get back to you on that one. Need some old photos to look at.

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Re: Liverpudlian:

How would one so young know what brylcream was ? Let alone its name ?  Just curious.

It tells you hair waves, if it wasn't for that, I may not have known, but as my hair has always been straight, I have never had to use any cream.????

17 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

So you can remember when you were around two months old. I think your telling porkies.

Well think what you like, my mother confirmed my age and was surprised herself with me remembering that far back in my life.

You can remember important incident and things involving yourself in many respects.

Research has proven that and from memory of  psychology studies I did as young as 4 week old baby can remember.

Edited by Kwasaki

4 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I'll get back to you on that one. Need some old photos to look at.

I could sit down right now and write down almost all the names of the kids I started school with.

I am still waiting for someone to come on here who can do the same.

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well think what you like, my mother confirmed my age and was surprised herself with me remembering that far back in my life.

You can remember important incident and things involving yourself in many respects.

Research has proven that and from memory of  psychology studies I did as young as 4 week old baby can remember.

That's very interesting, I hope to hear some more of that in this topic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

I could sit down right now and write down almost all the names of the kids I started school with.

???? I couldn't it's not important only remember a few and the ones who were friends, surely you remember further back than that. 

Your post was if you remember. ????

" How Far Back Can You Remember In Your Life?"

43 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

My first memory was before school it was when I was around 2 months old laying in a pram with the hood up, l remember because I didn't like it.

Me too, my sister was at the other end making a noise...????

• Haha 1

I remember this terrible pressure around my head, and shortly thereafter screaming my head off because some idiot smacked my bottom. Don't know what was happening but it was certainly traumatic.  

Both memories from about 4-5 years old.

Being violently ill on pumpkin soup. Have hated pumpkin ever since. A pity, because my Thai GF informs me pumpkin is very good for the libido. I'll just have to struggle along without it.

Hanging out with some older kids who persuaded a girl my age to take her knickers off. I remember wondering why she looked very different to me.

The friends I have now are important to me. Can't remember a single friend from my childhood, perhaps I didn't have any.

I don't remember being circumsized

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

???? I couldn't it's not important only remember a few and the ones who were friends, surely you remember further back than that. 

Your post was if you remember. ????

" How Far Back Can You Remember In Your Life?"

That's right, and if you read the OP, I told of something I remember at about three years old, definitely 

not older.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Being violently ill on pumpkin soup. Have hated pumpkin ever since. A pity, because my Thai GF informs me pumpkin is very good for the libido. I'll just have to struggle along without it.

Hanging out with some older kids who persuaded a girl my age to take her knickers off. I remember wondering why she looked very different to me.

The friends I have now are important to me. Can't remember a single friend from my childhood, perhaps I didn't have any.

I had that stuff at 16......????

27 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

OK, you first!

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I remember my little brother being circumsized at birth, and he couldn't walk for almost a year !    LOL

• Haha 2

I was on a church trip with my two brothers and granny and grandad, who were heavily involved with the church, to Knaresborough .
The radio was on as we returned and all of a sudden the adults on the bus burst into loud cheers.
I was totally oblivious but apparently we had won the World Cup, I was 4 years old.