Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

swans supporters can take it

Up the clacker.
If it gives us a premiership well you know how to take one for the team

The Eagles already have taking Jetta of your hands.gigglem.gif
We all wish the big sookk the best in perth. At least we know that he will feel good being mollycoddled over there
  • Like 1

Can I respectfully request that you ease up on the Collingwood jokes.

We have feelings too you know.

Thanks for turning u, the blow torch is off the Dees this season thanks to you.

We got 3 Swans supporters in here and an Eagle a Docker a Kangaroo a Saint a missing Lion and me a Demon...feel free to heep it on the Swans.

In Fantasy so far we have, Rip, Farmerjo, Grant, that missing lion and me.....were is WILL and CHOOKS?

I don't do fantasy mate.

At least not footy fantasysmile.png

I've seen the social media pics of you and Matt Priddis
  • Like 2

We got 3 Swans supporters in here and an Eagle a Docker a Kangaroo a Saint a missing Lion and me a Demon...feel free to heep it on the Swans.

In Fantasy so far we have, Rip, Farmerjo, Grant, that missing lion and me.....were is WILL and CHOOKS?

I don't do fantasy mate.

That was not fantasy

west coast has a unique supporters package

• Like 2

I don't do fantasy mate.

That was not fantasy

west coast has a unique supporters package

ok I'll leave it with the chimp as he was the paparazzi.
  • Like 1

Fairy Godmother extends Cinderella's curfew beyond midnight:

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2016-02-19/tippetts-form-triggers-new-contract

One year back I would have said trade him out I was very critical of his highly paid non-performance.

But now I think he will fit in very nicely especially that future Brownlow winner heeney will be on the March this year

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2016-02-19/tippetts-form-triggers-new-contract

One year back I would have said trade him out I was very critical of his highly paid non-performance.

But now I think he will fit in very nicely especially that future Brownlow winner heeney will be on the March this year

Not a bad move considering Buddy's 'issues'. He could be out at any time. Even if they're both playing it gives the Swans a couple of good options up forward. Anything that makes them less Buddy-centric has to be a good thing.
  • Like 2

Not a bad move considering Buddy's 'issues'. He could be out at any time. Even if they're both playing it gives the Swans a couple of good options up forward. Anything that makes them less Buddy-centric has to be a good thing.

Sydney has the possibility of a very decentforward line, maybe this year or the next... Buddy, Tippet/Sinclair, Heeney, Rose, Parker... Mcglynn should be back too.... err, and Sam Reid might kick a goal or two , if he doesnt get injured...

Collingwood must resist temptation of re-signing Nathan Buckley, former Magpie Mick McGuane says

COLLINGWOOD shouldn’t be rushing to extend the contract of coach Nathan Buckley, premiership great Mick McGuane has declared.

The Herald Sun reported that Buckley and the club have agreed to a 12-month contract extension that will be announced in the near future, with the new deal set to see him in the seat until at least the end of 2017.

But McGuane, who played 152 games for the Magpies including the 1990 premiership, isn’t convinced, and said Buckley still has plenty to prove, labelling 2016 “a crunch year” for all in black and white.

“Not right now, no (I wouldn’t be extending it),” he said on RSN.

“I’d wait until the end of the year. He’s had some time, he’s moulded a team, and I think it’s a crunch year for Collingwood and Nathan Buckley.

“The reality is, the last few premierships that have come Collingwood’s way, they’ve been outsiders who have coached the team — (Mick) Malthouse and (Leigh) Matthews.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/collingwood-must-resist-temptation-of-resigning-nathan-buckley-former-magpie-mick-mcguane-says/news-story/b150556accc74d3346ec87d49b1da71b

• Like 2

Jesus Christ, what next.

Fremantle forward Hayden Ballantyne is set to receive a 'please explain' from the AFL's integrity unit after being caught using his phone during Friday's 60-point NAB Challenge win over Richmond in Mandurah.

Ballantyne was forced off early in the second quarter after suffering a minor hamstring injury in the 14.6 (90) to 4.6 (30) victory.

The 28-year-old was then pictured using his mobile phone in the change rooms during the match.

Under AFL rules aimed at stamping out the leaking of inside information that could be used for betting, players are forbidden to use their mobile phones during matches.

But Dockers coach Ross Lyon said Ballantyne was probably just letting loved ones know he was OK, rather than getting up to something sinister.

"He's got a wife and two young kids who are probably not at the game," Lyon said.

"If I hypothesise (what he texted), it's probably: "I'm hurt - love I'm ok."

"And if it's that, you would think he might just get a little tap on the wrist and we all move on, and common sense prevails.

"The integrity unit - there's some pretty smart blokes in there, I'm sure we'll figure it out."

Ballantyne is likely to escape with a fine at worst over the incident.

Lyon is confident Ballantyne will be fit for the start of the AFL season despite the hamstring setback.

Jesus Christ, what next.

Fremantle forward Hayden Ballantyne is set to receive a 'please explain' from the AFL's integrity unit after being caught using his phone during Friday's 60-point NAB Challenge win over Richmond in Mandurah.

Ballantyne was forced off early in the second quarter after suffering a minor hamstring injury in the 14.6 (90) to 4.6 (30) victory.

The 28-year-old was then pictured using his mobile phone in the change rooms during the match.

Under AFL rules aimed at stamping out the leaking of inside information that could be used for betting, players are forbidden to use their mobile phones during matches.

But Dockers coach Ross Lyon said Ballantyne was probably just letting loved ones know he was OK, rather than getting up to something sinister.

"He's got a wife and two young kids who are probably not at the game," Lyon said.

"If I hypothesise (what he texted), it's probably: "I'm hurt - love I'm ok."

"And if it's that, you would think he might just get a little tap on the wrist and we all move on, and common sense prevails.

"The integrity unit - there's some pretty smart blokes in there, I'm sure we'll figure it out."

Ballantyne is likely to escape with a fine at worst over the incident.

Lyon is confident Ballantyne will be fit for the start of the AFL season despite the hamstring setback.

Not much in it.

Probably get a fine and or reprimand.

They mentioned it on the coverage. He's lucky it was a NAB cup game though.

• Like 2

looks like Freo is getting a bit undisciplined. the phone thing is 100% clear.

Lyons excuse is a bit childish too.

his family wouldnt have noticed what was happening with him on tv?

Yep, but Lyon's not going to come out and throw Ballas under the bus.

That reply is Lyon 101.

Nothing in it, play on.

I agree it is Lyon standard mode of operation.

Ballantyne should get a week suspension...and that's the end of it

• Like 1

That reply is Lyon 101.

Nothing in it, play on.

Will probably miss 2 to 3 weeks with his hammy anyway.

I think it's fair to say there are no rockets in Hayden's back yard?

AFL slaps media with betting ban

IN A FURTHER tightening of the AFL's integrity and anti-corruption protocols, restrictions have been introduced for accredited journalists and broadcasters who bet on games.

Commencing from Thursday's opening game of the NAB Challenge, bans have been introduced on accredited media betting on a game they are attending for work purposes.

"The ban has been introduced to help protect against the potential misuse of information gained by personnel working at a match," the AFL said in a statement.

There will be a five-hour blackout period for accredited media once they enter the ground, starting from two hours before the game to the final siren.

There are regular instances where media members have been privy to sensitive team information once entering a venue, before the 90-minute cut-off period where clubs have to hand their final team sheets (which include late changes and starting interchange players) to the AFL.

Working media can still bet on the games they are covering, as long as it takes place outside the five-hour blackout period, either during the week or on match days before they enter the venues.

The AFL accredits almost 2000 media members each year, which includes broadcasters, journalists and photographers, as well as production, technical and camera staff.

AFL and club personnel, including AFL Media, have long been restricted from all types of football betting.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-16/afl-slaps-media-with-betting-ban

That reply is Lyon 101.

Nothing in it, play on.

Will probably miss 2 to 3 weeks with his hammy anyway.

I think it's fair to say there are no rockets in Hayden's back yard?

The rockets are in his legs,,

The warhead is in his,,? Head.

• Like 1

Future Sydney Swans superstar performs well against Port

STAR Sydney Swans midfielder Luke Parker has made a brilliant return to senior football in his side's 21-point victory over Port Adelaide in their opening NAB Challenge match at Blacktown International Sports Park.

No.3 draft pick Callum Mills was also exceptional in his senior debut with 22 possessions playing across half-back, which included 16 in the first half alone.

Click here for full match coverage and stats

Parker, the 2014 club champion, suffered a broken ankle in round 20 last season and missed the Swans' last five games, including their two finals losses to Fremantle and North Melbourne.

But the tough onballer showed no signs of injury as he gathered 32 possessions in the 1.10.12 (81) to 1.7.9 (60) win over a heavily undermanned Port outfit.

Buddy quiet but Swans delighted to have him back

There was some slightly concerning news for the winner, with exciting forward Isaac Heeney taking no part in the second half for the Swans after his knee tendonitis flared before the main break.

Heeney also copped a poke in the eye in the first term but stand-in coach Jarrad McVeigh said he took him off as a precaution.

"Being the first game of the year and (having) a week off we just thought we'd put him on ice for the rest of the game," McVeigh said.

"He's fine, obviously he's a player that wants to be out there all the time that’s just the nature of the game, but he understands that at his age with the tendonitis, he has be smart with it.

"It's not a necessity to play all the NAB Challenge games anyway."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-20/nab-challenge-match-report-swans-v-power

Personally i think Mills will struggle for time to deliver the ball properly in a normal fixture with his ball drop.

Not to say he wont modify it over time.

The Swans did dig in when the rain came and had the aid of a 14 goal breeze.biggrin.png

i only saw the first quarter but sydney defence didnt look great... seeing as port was missing 15 players...

tippet seemed back to his worst early on... doing everything to avoid taking a mark or leading...

on a brighter note. Majak Daw looked like he has picked up a lot of pace and was running after the contest.

im looking firward to watching him every week

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Toumpas was always going to be a gun but after 3 long injured years better to move him on...same as Fitzgerald at Hawthorn, he will prove more than handy....we need fit players....Daws is on the outer too....contract up this year unless its a stellar year for the guy he's gone seasons end as well....guy hasn't been able to sting more than 4 games straight at any given time with us...spends more time in the doctors office than on the training ground.

Not much point having what you think are quality players if there injured half the season.

Caught a glimpse off the end of Swans game in that drenching rain and the start of the North game till half time in a local Mexican restaurant in Melbourne last night, there going the way of Thai places a tv in the outside bar/eating area...yes at lest for me its hard to get excited over what really is nothing more than a practice game.

And hey chooks.....that looked like a ordinary Saints team last night....no one wants to get injured?

• Like 1

Bookman should. Get banned and that is the end of that.

To get banned I will have to strap on my boots again...I'd be happy to play for Freo mate..but my preference is to play for a genuine premiership chance this year laugh.png

I hear the Peel Thunder Little league reserves are looking for numbers. That would be right up your alley.

Bookman should. Get banned and that is the end of that.

To get banned I will have to strap on my boots again...I'd be happy to play for Freo mate..but my preference is to play for a genuine premiership chance this year laugh.png

I hear the Peel Thunder Little league reserves are looking for numbers. That would be right up your alley.

that sounds a bit creepy blink.png

Edited by BookMan