Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

15 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

The captain is popular amongs the players hence being made a captain....hes obviously out of contract soon and worth a million a season, Dees sweeten contract talks with the captaincy no dout and luck was a favor as Jones is almost in a wheel chair and Viney had a couple of injury hit seasons so the cards fell right for the club in trying to keep him at Jolimont, the truth is...he is a clown full stop, he is embarrassing to watch when interviewed....even the most recent was trying to make a joke out of being there and all that they were talking about....looking for the next laugh is he...

As captain if he should leave as a FA hes worth more in high draft pick as well.....

As a player he is solo....he doesnt set an example, he just plays, if you watch him he doesnt motivate anyone around him, Viney burrows in uses pure bull power with some finesse the way he plays and Jones they get the job done and lift whos around them...Max on the other hand just goes about his business, no extra grunt...no lifting ...nothing....doesnt take enough marks in defense or forward....if you want to compare the Dee ruck with Stynes.....Stynes leaves Gawn for dead....

The hair cut is becasue he is the class clown, plenty of weird hair cuts in the round ball game and by high presitge players too but i cant think of a captain at any of the bigger clubs looking like Max....he is a f****in DILL......and put it on top of they DONT walk the TALK what have you got?

We are very light on for a leader whos in form....there are none....Tom Macdonald would be a natural leader but out of form, Oliver or Melksham would have been my pic....i prefer the latter at this point in time...

Dee's are bound to struggle...bottom 4, i have no faith in Goodwin, serious after all the hyped up talk over there previous season to put it on the record and in vid form then rock up to Perth to lay down and get rolled then use the cornvid-19 as an excuse.....and mate the plane was waiting to take them home....no chance to get stranded....serious a guy like Edd running my club would be a breath of fresh air....

If i was the boss there and we struggle for the first 3 or 4 games Goodwin's head would roll.....i wouldnt be looking to waste the season, we have the Blues then Bombers ...struggle id get R Lyon lined up to take over for the year...we dont need an inexperianced passenger who is nothing more than a coffee and donut boy as a coach....

And....now you got me going.....Goodwin never pulled a rabbit out of the hat all of last year....devoid of any ideas....enough decent players  were coming back during the second half of the year and nothing changed, the team played like hehad lost them...this years Perth game was an extension of last year...

From the outside, Viney looked like a good captain.

Must've been something drastically wrong for him to be given the flick.

Seriously doubt any coach will get the flick this season.

I've told you Uncle, Goody has signed until 2022, he's going nowhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

From the outside, Viney looked like a good captain.

Must've been something drastically wrong for him to be given the flick.

Seriously doubt any coach will get the flick this season.

I've told you Uncle, Goody has signed until 2022, he's going nowhere.

Bomber said he didnt throw anyone into the boot of his car......suspicious behaviour but hey.....he may have mended his ways....

Contacts are broken all the time Dear WILL.....I doubt they the Demons who think there got the team to go close and thats them thinking that would jeopardise throwing  it all to the wind just over 300,000$, no doubt his contract would have performance connotations some where in there under all the murky small print......

Viney should have stayed captain.....better around than Gawn for that, now I dont say hes not a top player old Maxi he just dont have any ability to lift people around him.

If they bomb again this season with Goodwin still there at the end its a rebuild again when he goes..... Think the AFL wont want to see us floundering @ 17 or 18 again after the mula they put up.....im sure Gill WILL drop a quite word to El presidente to move Simon on....

Now im not bagging my club just because im disappointed.....I see absolutely nothing has changed from last year...just the one game in Perth was enough to see where we are heading this year....Simon had nothing up his sleeve if he did the players were not responding, enough games where under the heals of who mattered in the second half of last season to get a boost going......there form remains constant all year long and even 3 wins flattered us....

Right now if the club deem Simon Goodwin wont take us anywhere and say thats with in the first 5 games they have Ross Lyon and even Malthouse sitting idle they would be foolish not to sack Simon and bring in an experienced campaigner at least till the endow the season.....after that the last person we want as a coach should be another rookie.....Norths ex Scott id have over Goodwin, right now.....Hope Bartlett wont take to much poo and stab Goodwin in the back soon...

Goodwin's goofie looks both at draft day and recent training pic indicate he knows the Guillotine is about to drop....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OOTAI said:

Since the discussion lately is about the Melbourne FC I thought I would put in my 2 bob's worth. I am not a supporter of MFC but I don't think anyone would question that Paul Roos turned the joint around in his time there but anointing Goodwin as his successor would have to go down as one of his few failures. In MHO Roo's goes down as a great player, coach and motivator, but he must be wondering about his judgement in this case.

As for Gawn maybe he will surprise us all and be a successful captain, looks will count for stuff all its actions that count.

Go the Eagles!!!

I think it's harsh to label Goodwin as a failure TBH.

He took Melbourne to 9th in his first year, missing the 8 on percentage. They played in a prelim the following year.

Last year they fell off a cliff.

He will be judged this year I think.

Anything under 10th and the pressure will come.

Having 3 years left on his contract definitely helps him.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, OOTAI said:

His first and second years were hangovers from Roo's strategy and draft selections etc. The third year you have to start crediting to Goodwin and they failed miserably.

If an AFL team says they are "rebuilding" then it takes 3 plus years to really see any effects same as happened with Goodwin.

If however the new coach is taking over from a dud then the impact can be immediate i.e. at Carlton, North Melbourne and St Kilda.  Though having said that the real test of these "new" coaches will be really seen in 2 plus years from now.

Goodwin had the cattle when he took over he just didn't and can't get the best out of them.

smart words......

I watch every Dee game and i know the story before its finnished...(Sade) thers a song somewhere in that too.... 

The real reality is Roos wanted GC Suns man to follow him that chubby guy....but the Swans woudnt realse him at the time, so being really attractive to go to as a destination they ended up with SIMPLE..... well him being there helped to get Hubbard and Melksham thats it folks...lock up the shop......they thought enough at Windy Hill to hang on to Simon they had there next coach sitting on the wing...

I thought Bartlett was a smart guy and could kick ass.....but hey where are you? though he layed the law down last year and moved to change the coaching structure not much has changed....

When your dill captain who shouldnt be but is and turnes up for a photo shoot looking like zig of zag and one of them was a pedo ho dear......LOOK there was NO one...there all out of form...Tom....Jack....out of form..and Max almost out of contract....pussys they are....i dont give much credience to a ruckmn...like who has won the flag in the last 10 ys or even 20 with a top ruckman? no one...thats who no one...you rove to the ruck no matter which team he is on....mids mate mids win the game for you...not them ruckman...and that will be the pies undoing....

But wait.....there has been ruckman worth there weight in gold going around.....them mobile types....Teasdale was one of the first in the modern era Stynes of course....like a mid that could ruck...thats what you want...even that low life forget his name now who came over from North .....ahhhh Pederson...i was quick to slot him in my Fantasy team when Gawn went down...fraction of his price ...Gawns that is Gawn at around 110 avarage Peterson within weeks was hitting the ton average....and a hack...but he was a goer around the ground thats what got his points up.....there the type that win you flags.....hey Tigers man....say no more....

I have Simons mock voddo doll....pins are sticking in him....we wont get over 16 spot with him running the joint...oh i dont know....i was ok while we were in LIMBO now were two weeks away to go.....and gees there seems to be a sticking point with NU thats all i need....cant win a trick....and the Browns...well they turfed there coach after one year...like the moment the season finnished he was out the door...and like i could have told them that...and Mayfeild....id be laying the law down...stop making comercials and concentrate on ur footy....and them comercials are really gross too....of course the gobal pass i pay for is meant to be comercial free for the 300$ i pay but it aint....

All the sprinkle dust that they tried to hype the MFC members with, getting the fintness guy that use to do Port when they won a flag and later at Arsenal....hey i watch soccer....Arsenel are like poo.....might inpress some but not me...like struggle street and all....ahh you got me going...of course this could all blow up inmy face and Simple takes us too a perlim again....fat chance of course but its a possibility.....like i know my team....id loved to be proved wrong unfortanly after a life time of watching this its highly unlikely....

Only third double shot off that JW Game of Thorns whisky RIP....and a few merlos.....tonight...i dont put that Game in the fridge anymore...its like disgusting cold....like ice in it...awwwwww.....for the gays.....and mind you i specialy told my mate black as he was going through customs....but he likes me and thought he was doing me a favour .....and didnt want any money for it so even disgustin from the firidge its ok as i drink for effect not for the pleasure....

• Confused 1

Talk of pushing the Grand Final into November.

Can't help but think the Hubs and travel restrictions will benefit Melbourne based clubs. 
It's a much easier focus when you have your regular routine and family support daily.

The shortened quarters also might see Hawthorn in with a premiership chance this year. Given the age of their team, they wont be running out of puff the last 5 minutes

• Like 2

Congrats to John Kennedy Sr on being the latest legend in the Hall of Fame.

One wonders what someone like John Cahill has to do though.

How about these stats:

Games played 264

4 x premiership player

4 x F&B

29 states games for SA

Coaching record

624 games

10 x premiership coach for Port Adelaide.

Going on those stats, he should've been in the first intake methinks.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Congrats to John Kennedy Sr on being the latest legend in the Hall of Fame.

One wonders what someone like John Cahill has to do though.

How about these stats:

Games played 264

4 x premiership player

4 x F&B

29 states games for SA

Coaching record

624 games

10 x premiership coach for Port Adelaide.

Going on those stats, he should've been in the first intake methinks.

Hey he Cahill racked them up in that small town league a snug fit bettwen the big Vics and the big state of WA....

Anyway dearest WILL....you have to be nearly dead or dead to begin with...as for J Kennedy more to it than just taking the Hawks to there first flag, Hawks were the team along with North that you loved to play to get your percentage up, a one mr JK changed all that, a captain of the club then coach you could say he was the main factor that changed the cuture of the Hawks to what they are today.

Im hanging out for Rod Grinter to be made a legand....and waiting for Wallace to get deported the grubber...to Thailand.....better still San Salvatore....or even better Brazil....there falling over like flies there...

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Very poor taste indeed.   That's Richard Wilkins sitting next to The Fuhrer.

Screenshot 2020-06-01 18.31.48.png

The male version of Molly Meldrum.....in very bad taste indeed....again no one has a sense of humour....i could overlook Wikins indeed...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Will27 said:

Uncle Alex

I'm not saying Kennedy didn't deserve it.

Just saying Cahill deserves to be there.

Sorry, I thought it was the Australian Hall of fame.

Didn't realise it was the Victorian and Western Australian Hall of Fame.

I'm still trying to fathom how Roy Cazaly is in it.

Whos Cazaly?

Well WILL the worlds a pretty unfair place and we just witnessed that courtesy of our friends over there stuck between Mexico and Canada, the land of freedom....you know the main players in the world with the biggest red button...

You must be on a good mix of blood pressure tabs with all thats being going on of late...hubs and GF at the G and all.....like heavy stake in favour of the Vic's....dam unfair....bit like here all foreigners to our league just me and Chooks who hardly posts now im the lone Vic voice...im like lost in the wilderness.....and would be discarded and if some knew how to do it .....

https://www.afl.com.au/hall-of-fame/legends Thats the list....and I take offence to some of them on it....like John "light fingers" Nichols....a crook always, the rumours go the Blues had to get him out of the can before a few big games one a GF I think...an old cobber mate who was a mentor to me in my prime filled me in on a Mr Nicholes....and the last time I heard of him he had been manager think something like a Good Guys store...one evening it got burgled they the thieves came in through the roof....turns out old John was the manager of said establishment.....a few weeks later he was charged and then we never heard anymore about it...John Elliot was in charge of the Blues in those days....

Skilton.....nahhhh....even coached us....nahhhhhh....

Ian Stewart ...come on now...turns out he was a cross dresser too....they were better at silencing the press back in the olden days......like what did he do? 

Barry Cable? gees...cant they find anyone better?

Look id discard 75% on that list, I think you need to do more than just be a flashy player that gets the ball.....

So yes Cahill would be a better choice than 75% on that list.....but as you know the tinker league are the tinker league and they hardly ever get much right....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

He could've been a swan but got overlooked.  

The Swans overlooked Hayes three times in the 1998 draft when they took Nick Fosdike (pick 3), Ryan Fitzgerald (pick 4), and Jude Bolton (pick 8). The Saints picked him at 11 — and the rest is history.

Fosdike played 164 games, ­including the 2005 premiership, before retiring in 2008, while Fitzgerald played 18 games before his career was cut short by knee injury and he moved into a media and ­entertainment career.

Bolton was the only one of the trio to go the distance with the Saints midfield dynamo. He finished his career a year short of Hayes but will end up playing more games (325 games), with Hayes set to finish on 297 if he plays the last three games of this season.

“I took the opportunity and ran with it, and Lenny did as well,” Bolton said on Friday. “It’s been great that we’ve both ended up having long careers.”

Bolton played in the 2005 and 2012 premierships, while Hayes came close to winning two himself but will finish with none. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Seven more cases of coronavirus in Victoria today.

The chances of WA lifting the border restrictions ain't looking good:sad:

Probably easiest if the Weagles base themselves in Melbourne an play their home games at the MCG. 

Certainly no disadvantag ethat i can see

• Like 1