Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

18 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Just what you need another forward who loves the hospital, what played one decent season? just becasue his 2 uncles were the almost best ever at Windy Hill.....Joey has more hype over him than Newcastle United taking the thripple next year...in case you missed it the Saudi oil kings are buying up the city .....and footy team....nahhhhh you can do with out him....even Tom Macdonald on one leg can do better and Tom WILL be going cheap end of season we WILL throw in his little bro for free since you need a defender too.....

Daniher will come to us for pick 42 and some reserves player we dont want and a sign on start of 500k a season

14 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

When is he back at the Saints? 

I'm guessing u want our mccartin too... soon half your team will be ex swans

from the team who can't develop their own forwards and poach the best from others.  The swans owe the saints big time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Thechook said:

from the team who can't develop their own forwards and poach the best from others.  The swans owe the saints big time.

Thi is good news

McCartin's 8th concussion since 2014 came in a JLT Community Series match against the Western Bulldogs in March 2019. McCartin ultimately did not play a senior game for St Kilda in 2019. He was delisted by St Kilda at the conclusion of the 2019 AFL season to allow him to deal with complications resulting from repeated concussions. St Kilda head of football Simon Lethlean stated that the club would be open to re-adding McCartin to their list after a break in 2020

11 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Thank you for reminding me........I did say when. looking for divine intervention was dudded by Lucifer.....

What's your chances against Geelong today Uncle Alex?

I see my boys the GC got the job done again.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

What's your chances against Geelong today Uncle Alex?

I see my boys the GC got the job done again.

After the fact.....no chance.... before the game....even more no chance.....though i wasnt joking when i said Vandenberg does makes the forward line stand taller....when he actualy gets to play which is a few games every 2 ys these days....and it looked like he was done for the day by half time again....this guy owns the hospital......also helped Hannan was in too....in tune very dangerous....but alas Big MacDonald needs to do more....virtualy unsited in the first half......Id say hes needs a few weeks in the 2's, bet they have the Weed in next week.....OH how a couple of crucial frees not given up forward for us in the last tells ya where our season is heading.....at least they played 4 quarters so no <deleted> from me today....

Im following Newcastle United from now on.....they drew last game...

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 2

Fanatsy wrap up......

Well Rip falls.... after a fight back........by the skin of his chinny chin chin.....Gaz a suprise packet today.....

Chooks stumbles once again this time to Weeny......

And Fj is getting to his Fanatsy i can assure you...i can see his game play....only need to be in the 4 when the finals start....making money is his plan....anyway I get one back in the GF revenge match....

RIPS SWANS
Ross P.

2nd

Live

DikyDoks
Gary S.

6th

Live

Live

I know we've had some close games this year and having hardly any crowds

doesn't help, but gee it's been hard to watch at times.

Round 4: Alastair Clarkson calls on AFL to open up game as Hawks hold off North Melbourne in dour affair

Alastair Clarkson holds grave fears for the state of the game with the mastermind coach declaring Hawthorn’s win over North Melbourne as a “terrible spectacle” putting the game in “a dreadful space”.

In an impassioned appeal, the Hawthorn coach desperately pleaded with league headquarters to open the game up by rewarding the tackler rather than the ball carrier.

As Geelong counterpart Chris Scott put forward a suggestion to reduce team sizes to 16 players to reduce congestion, Clarkson said the rules and their textbook adjudication had resulted in a game style that is difficult to watch.

And he hopes the AFL hears his message “loud and clear”.

“We had 69 tackles and I don’t think we had a free kick from a tackle. Sixty-nine tackles. And not one of them can be adjudicated holding the ball?,” Clarkson said.

“It’s just like, what’s happened to our game? You can’t have that many tackles and not one of them be incorrect disposal. And you wonder why the game is an arm-wrestle and that you can’t get any open footy.

“Tonight’s game was just, god … if that’s the spectacle that we’re trying to search for in our game, then our game’s in a dreadful space. But we’re better than that and I think we can do a hell of a lot better by opening the game up a little bit and adjudicate some of those holding the balls, for both sides.

“Please umps, just pay ‘em. Open the game up.”

Clarkson said he would not contact the league to express his frustration, declaring it had been an issue he had raised for at least the last four years.

“No (I won’t call them). They’ll listen to this press conference no doubt and hopefully they hear it loud and clear,” he said.

“The game … the scores.

“The AFL can’t be happy with it that … Geelong and Melbourne, who I both rate as sides – both sides I think could play finals this year – and it’s two goals each at half-time? Fair dinkum.

“It’s great in a sense that no one knows who’s going to win, but in terms of the spectacle of the game, I’m concerned right now with where we’re going with it.”

Scott said reducing teams by two players would be a simple fix for the game’s congestion woes.

“If your issue is congestion, and you want the ball to flow better and make it harder to defend, reduce the numbers on the field,” Scott said.

“Increase the numbers of rotations and the ball will ping around it and will be so hard to coach and so hard to defend.

“I’m not advocating for it, I’m just saying based on what I’ve seen, if that is your issue, then that is your fix.”

But Scott said the AFL chiefs, including his brother Brad, who works at league headquarters on game trends and strategy, should have full control over the decision rather than worrying about input from coaches.

Clarkson said umpires had little option other than to protect the ball carrier, as per the league’s directive.

He maintained that the current style was not by coaching design and that he and other coaches desperately wanted to play more attacking football.

“It just mounts for a very, very frustrating game,” Clarkson said.

“Footy can’t be played in the manner that we liked, when it’s being adjudicated like it is at the present time.

“And it’s not the umps’ fault – the umps are just doing what they’re told to do. But I think our game across the board is not seeing any exciting brands of footy, passages of play, there’s hardly any goals score. Fans love goals, fans love high marks.

“But we’re just not seeing anywhere near enough.

“What a shame we’re not encouraging our players to actually play the game properly. Terrible spectacle.

“I’m sorry for <deleted>canning our own brand, and our own club and our own team in this space. But I was so disappointed in the way we played and I was so disappointed with the way that the game is being played right at the present time.

“It’s frustrating, and it must be frustrating our fans.”

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

After the fact.....no chance.... before the game....even more no chance.....though i wasnt joking when i said Vandenberg does makes the forward line stand taller....when he actualy gets to play which is a few games every 2 ys these days....and it looked like he was done for the day by half time again....this guy owns the hospital......also helped Hannan was in too....in tune very dangerous....but alas Big MacDonald needs to do more....virtualy unsited in the first half......Id say hes needs a few weeks in the 2's, bet they have the Weed in next week.....OH how a couple of crucial frees not given up forward for us in the last tells ya where our season is heading.....at least they played 4 quarters so no <deleted> from me today....

Im following Newcastle United from now on.....they drew last game...

Lucky you didnt pick Melbourne in the tipping Uncle

Will you be going Skill-based tipping again this week? ????

5 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

I think Clarko is trying to have the rules adjusted to suit his coaching style and team strengths. There have been plenty of free flowing games played, just look at how GWS v Collingwood was played, how the Gold coast have been playing, Brisbane... a lot of clubs really
Having said that, the whistle has been put away this season for holding the ball. 

You can add to that forwards marking inside the 50 have to clearly grab and hold for the mark to be called

I really disagree with you about free flowing games.

The GWS and Collingwood game is the exception rather than the rule.

Look at the scores this weekend.

Syd 5 - goals, WC - 6, Essendon - 8 , Carlton - 7, Freo - 5, Ade - 7 Norf and Hawthorn 8  each, Melbourne - 6, Geelong - 7.

Geelong and Melbourne 2 goals each at halftime.

Sides kicking 5 goals for an entire game.

Apart from Charlie Dixon, name me a key forward who is having a good year?

Tom Papley is coming 2nd with 10 goals.

I used to watch most games every round but now I'm turning a lot off and not even 

bothering with others.

• Like 2

Round five fixture set to be redrawn because of COVID spike

The round five fixture is set to be partly redrawn, with Richmond likely to play Melbourne and West Coast to play Sydney because of Queensland government concerns over Victoria's rising coronavirus infection rates.

Richmond and West Coast had been due to meet on Thursday night at Gold Coast's Metricon Stadium but a senior source at one of the involved clubs confirmed that the Tigers were now likely to take on Melbourne in Victoria this weekend, while the Swans will play the Eagles, probably on the Gold Coast.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I really disagree with you about free flowing games.

The GWS and Collingwood game is the exception rather than the rule.

Look at the scores this weekend.

Syd 5 - goals, WC - 6, Essendon - 8 , Carlton - 7, Freo - 5, Ade - 7 Norf and Hawthorn 8  each, Melbourne - 6, Geelong - 7.

Geelong and Melbourne 2 goals each at halftime.

Sides kicking 5 goals for an entire game.

Apart from Charlie Dixon, name me a key forward who is having a good year?

Tom Papley is coming 2nd with 10 goals.

I used to watch most games every round but now I'm turning a lot off and not even 

bothering with others.

Goals are down but the game time is 20% less with reduced quarters so we can expect to see less goals and lower scores.

A quick review of the games this weekend..

Swans V Dogs.  A lot of feverish tackling but both sides still moved the ball quickly

GWS v Collingwood. That was a game that was free flowing
Port V Eagles. Port were dynamic at times 

St Kilda the forward moving running excitement machine - who would have thought?

Essendon v Carlton... not that exciting

Lions ... free flowing when they woke up
North last quarter...very exciting

For me the games this year have had a lot of fast hurried free flowing quick playing momentum.

tackle wise, the rule could be changed to tackled with the ball is a free.... but what would be the consequences ?
Or, 16 players on 16 minute quarters.  WOuld this free the game up or would it be the same as it now?

13 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Round five fixture set to be redrawn because of COVID spike

The round five fixture is set to be partly redrawn, with Richmond likely to play Melbourne and West Coast to play Sydney because of Queensland government concerns over Victoria's rising coronavirus infection rates.

Richmond and West Coast had been due to meet on Thursday night at Gold Coast's Metricon Stadium but a senior source at one of the involved clubs confirmed that the Tigers were now likely to take on Melbourne in Victoria this weekend, while the Swans will play the Eagles, probably on the Gold Coast.

I dont fancy Sydney's chances of winning that