Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

A good article by Hardie methinks.

There has been talk for a while about Lyon not playing the youngsters.

Brad Hardie: why Fremantle and Ross Lyon should copy the Geelong template

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/brad-hardie-why-fremantle-and-ross-lyon-should-copy-the-geelong-template-20160328-gnstct.html

I've been saying it...Freo could miss the top 8 this year

Fairly similar at St Kilda I believe? Lyon focuses solely on winning now and not building for the future?

Now ths was Interesting last week... I am fairly sure Sydney had the average youngest team on the field for the round

also interesting to Alex's ears, from the article..

"...Geelong showed against Hawthorn on Monday how it can work. And if Fremantle gets it right, up-and-coming talent could start to bloom just as Jesse Hogan comes home from Melbourne to provide the Dockers with the spearhead they've been looking for..."

BS media at it....it's very simple, Freo need a forward or 2 now not in 2018, and the AFL won't let Hogan go anywhere, he won't want to go anywhere because the Dee's will make the finals next season, and this is the last time I will talk about that nonsense.

Ps....remember when first locket then later hall went to Sydney? It was AFL sanctioned, wouldn't be surprised that they gave there blessing for Franklin to be there.....they the AFL made a statement they want a strong demons team in Melbourne....

I shall not be drawn into this hogan crap again....

the afl were spewing when Franklin went to Sydney

they wanted him at GWS and even GWS thought it was a done deal...

of course Buddy wanted to be at the best club he could...and chose Sydney

The AFL were so angry and spiteful about Sydney being smart they pulledbtye COLA allowance and banned us from trading for 2 years....

Yeah, the AFL really wanted buddy at Sydney

• Like 1

Was an easy start to the season, normally i would go for the pussys especially since i think they recruited the best by a country mile and the Hawks are on the downhill slide....just the Dogs, got to get my head around the Dogs...

2 gentlemen with the perffffect 9 well done, as long as I'm in front of Books and farmerJO I've done well.....

Only ahead on pick the margin mate...Next week should see me push 2-3 in front of you.

It could be a long tipping season for you..U have glazed Melbourne eyes this season, you don't know if Geelong will let you down, Hawthorn can't lose and you have to pick them, the Doggies u don't trust, Brisbane has the backing of the AFL for every home game, Freo will be top 3 and have to be picked, Essendon won't win a game...pressure to beat myself and farmerjo...and now u have to catch Chooks and Joboss! so much to think about every week for you...

Don't you worry about my glazed eyes young man, I'm no fool, I pick against my team.

Only have to be in front of you and fJO in 21 weeks........

Ps I started better this year than last so your in for a wipping especially if you get nervous like you did twice last season and going against common sense.....the ox is slow but the earth is patient....

• Like 1

Was an easy start to the season, normally i would go for the pussys especially since i think they recruited the best by a country mile and the Hawks are on the downhill slide....just the Dogs, got to get my head around the Dogs...

2 gentlemen with the perffffect 9 well done, as long as I'm in front of Books and farmerJO I've done well.....

Only ahead on pick the margin mate...Next week should see me push 2-3 in front of you.

It could be a long tipping season for you..U have glazed Melbourne eyes this season, you don't know if Geelong will let you down, Hawthorn can't lose and you have to pick them, the Doggies u don't trust, Brisbane has the backing of the AFL for every home game, Freo will be top 3 and have to be picked, Essendon won't win a game...pressure to beat myself and farmerjo...and now u have to catch Chooks and Joboss! so much to think about every week for you...

Don't you worry about my glazed eyes young man, I'm no fool, I pick against my team.

Only have to be in front of you and fJO in 21 weeks........

Ps I started better this year than last so your in for a wipping especially if you get nervous like you did twice last season and going against common sense.....the ox is slow but the earth is patient....

I am concerned how much u talk about Fantasy... and now whipping...

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/brad-hardie-why-fremantle-and-ross-lyon-should-copy-the-geelong-template-20160328-gnstct.html

Fairly similar at St Kilda I believe? Lyon focuses solely on winning now and not building for the future?

Now ths was Interesting last week... I am fairly sure Sydney had the average youngest team on the field for the round

"...Geelong showed against Hawthorn on Monday how it can work. And if Fremantle gets it right, up-and-coming talent could start to bloom just as Jesse Hogan comes home from Melbourne to provide the Dockers with the spearhead they've been looking for..."

BS media at it....it's very simple, Freo need a forward or 2 now not in 2018, and the AFL won't let Hogan go anywhere, he won't want to go anywhere because the Dee's will make the finals next season, and this is the last time I will talk about that nonsense.

Ps....remember when first locket then later hall went to Sydney? It was AFL sanctioned, wouldn't be surprised that they gave there blessing for Franklin to be there.....they the AFL made a statement they want a strong demons team in Melbourne....

The AFL were so angry and spiteful about Sydney being smart they pulledbtye COLA allowance and banned us from trading for 2 years....

Pardon me....they wanted him in Sydney, at one of the clubs....because they need a strong presence in the comp from up there, I'm pretty sure they rather Franklin at swans than at Collingwood.

Pardon me....they wanted him in Sydney, at one of the clubs....because they need a strong presence in the comp from up there, I'm pretty sure they rather Franklin at swans than at Collingwood.

Were u following the soccer that season?

GWS and the AFL thought he was a lock there.

Face of the new club... like Ablett at Gold Coast.

Much like the talk now of Hogan going to Freo as a lock in done deal

fact is...Hogan could go to West coast

Edited by BookMan

He wouldn't get a game in our forward line?

• Like 2

He wouldn't get a game in our forward line

Word is Kennedy is off to Fremantle

• Like 1

As usual I never read the fine print and overlooked the "pick the margin" option.

Not sure what that meant but the default was obviously a long way out. facepalm.gif

Have u worked it out now okay Sceadugenga?

End of the season, if two tipsters are on the same points, the margin determines the overall winner

Sure, thanks Bookie.

It's not rocket science, I just didn't look.

• Like 1

Yea,,, For a coffee with Suma. coffee1.gif

Going to get a few tips on how to nail the long bombs through the sticks.

Helpful advice to chase the Coleman.

• Like 2

Yea,,, For a coffee with Suma. coffee1.gif

Going to get a few tips on how to nail the long bombs through the sticks.

Helpful advice to chase the Coleman.

laugh.png

• Like 1

How did your warm up fantasy score go Alex?

I got ranked 175 out of 126 odd thousand but am sure when it starts proper,things will change.

Don't know about ranking score was 1694 with one ruckman out on suspension good for close to 100 if we go by last season, obviously from now I need to fine tune, need to score in the high 1900 to win the flag again.

I got lucky last year this season it's about being competitive...hehe

I had 2234tongue.png

Well good news at the Roo's.

Anderson is injured which hopefully makes way for Farren Ray to come off rookie list.

Think he's still got one good year left in him.

ANy news on Majak?

best to know if he is playing or not before i do my tips

Madjak is reportedly happy in the 2's,giving him time to sell pies and delaying his operation for splinter removal.

• Like 1

Richard Colless clearly misunderstood Fitzpatrick's intentions then tongue.png

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2015-richard-colless-tells-of-expletive-laden-tirade-from-afl-commission-chairman/news-story/0a7b6409be1d32920ffc8d790b207687

AFL 2015: Richard Colless tells of expletive laden tirade from AFL commission chairman

UPDATE: THE AFL has responded to claims it broke its own rules in a bid to get Lance Franklin to GWS following former Swans president Richard Colless’ explosive claims against the league’s commission chairman.

Colless told the Herald Sun a furious AFL Commission chairman Mike Fitzpatrick rang him — and delivered an expletive-laden tirade — after ‘Buddy’ Franklin joined Sydney at the end of 2013.

The AFL and the football world had expected Franklin to sign with Greater Western Sydney.

When an angry Fitzpatrick made his displeasure known on the phone, Colless said he told the chairman the AFL had “broken at least three of its rules”.

Late today the AFL issued a statement. It did not deny the conversation between Fitzpatrick and Colless had taken place, but said any suggestion the league had tried to interfere with Franklin’s deal were incorrect.

“The AFL wishes to state for the record it completely rejects allegations made in some media outlets today the AFL had sought to circumvent its own rules around Total Player Payments, Free Agency and Player Movement, regarding player Lance Franklin after the conclusion of the 2013 Toyota AFL Premiership Season,” the statement said.

It went on to say the AFL “was not involved in any dealings that player Franklin and his management may have had with any other club in the competition ... under the Free Agency Rules, before the player made his final decision to accept an offer from the Sydney Swans.”

Earlier today, Pies president Eddie McGuire said revelations of Fitzpatrick’s tirade were “staggering”.

McGuire, who has long been vocal on issues surrounding Sydney, the cost of living allowance and equality measures, said Colless’ revelations vindicated all of his “whingeing”.

Amid growing criticism of Fitzpatrick’s handling of the Adam Goodes race row, Colless has revealed how his wife Susie overheard a “torrent of abuse” directed at him by the league supremo in October 2013.

The Swans stunned the football world just days after the 2013 Grand Final by signing free agent Franklin to a nine-year, $10 million deal.

The football world had expected Franklin to go to the Swans’ cross-town rivals, the Giants.

“There was no warm up, no introduction — the opening pleasantries were the ‘F’ bomb and the ‘C’ bomb,” Colless told the Herald Sun of the Fitzpatrick phone call.

“I must admit I was taken aback. It went on for about 10 minutes and it was basically just a torrent of abuse.

“I was at home when the phone rang. Mike’s number came up and my wife just happened to be standing where the phone was. I didn’t put it on loud speaker, so she didn’t hear every word of it, but she got the thrust of it pretty well.

“It got to a point where he said to me, and I’m paraphrasing: ‘If any of this gets out to the press — this conversation — I’ll know where it came from and you watch out’. To which I think I said: ‘Mike — get f.....’.

“I have never been so offended and I said if you ever speak like this again to me you are the one that will have something to consider.

“I said, ‘Mike you are the chairman of the AFL, which rightly or wrongly is regarded as the leading sports governing body in Australia, and you’re acting like you’re a Mafia Don’.”

Colless said the episode was symptomatic of Fitzpatrick’s performance as head of the AFL.

“I think he is singularly inappropriate to be running the AFL — and the debate that is raging now about the AFL’s leadership with the Adam Goodes thing is a classic example,” he said.

“Mike is a huge handbrake on much of what the AFL wants to be doing or should be doing.”

The AFL was asked to respond to Colless’s recollection of the Franklin conversation. The league had not responded last night.

Colless said he explained to Fitzpatrick that Franklin had shifted to the Swans under the AFL’s free agency rules.

“I said: ‘Tell me what we’ve done wrong?’ He said: ‘That’s not the f….ing point. Don’t get f...ing smart with me. You knew what we wanted to do and you came to us with your bloody COLA (cost of living allowance), and I told you I’d support you on COLA and then you raced away and did this deal.

“He said, ‘And you know I f..ing well supported COLA — well I’m not doing that now’. I thought well that’s really mature.”

“I said, ‘Mike this is bizarre, you’re making this some kind of conspiracy’.

“And my wife said what was amusing for her was that whenever I said ‘But Mike’ he kept talking over me.

“I also said to him: ‘Mike the truth is if I wanted to pursue this, the guilty party is not the Swans or Lance Franklin or GWS or Liam Pickering, it’s the AFL’.

“The AFL broke at least three of its rules in relation to this. It dealt consistently with the player outside the prescribed area. You had that window and then it closed. You kept dealing with the player or manager during that period.

“Secondly, you were in a position to top up the amount of money that was coming from the club through a third-party arrangement, and that was merely you transferring funds from one of your sponsors to GWS or to Franklin.

“And the third was that you would allow GWS to trade with Hawthorn and I think that was designed to make it easier for Hawthorn to get some young players, which again is illegal.

“But it was like talking to a brick wall.”

Colless said he wrote to Fitzpatrick the following day to reiterate that the Swans had not broken any rules.

McGuire said on Triple M this morning: “He (Colless) has accused the AFL of systematically cheating the salary cap, the trade rules, the free agency rules (and) collusion behind the scenes. It’s staggering.

“I read it last night ... I couldn’t go to sleep.

“One, I couldn’t believe the vitriol that is obviously raging between the two, but then I couldn’t believe the content. This is what I’ve been screaming about for years and it’s always been thrown back as ‘whingeing McGuire’ and all that sort of stuff. Now it’s laid bare.

“This is as explosive a confrontation as I’ve ever seen at the AFL.

“I’m going to actually keep my powder dry on 24 hours about this, before we come out and have a big chat. I have to speak to people today seriously about all this type of thing.

“These allegations are fundamental to the rules of the AFL.”

Former Essendon skipper Tim Watson said it was just an indication of the lay of the land in the AFL and the reality of negotiations in business.

“That’s the way the AFL has operated for a long, long time. Everything is on the table. You do a deal, you have a negotiation. That’s the way they do business,” he told SEN.

“Have a look at the AFL in totality. We’ve got artificial teams that have been planted in non-AFL states and cities and the whole competition is compromised to try and build a competitive competition … in drafts, in draws, everywhere, because there’s this artificial design of trying to have a national competition that’s competitive.

“It’s like politics. That happens all the time. It happens in politics, it happens in life, it happens in the AFL.”

The Swans were cleared of any wrongdoing in an AFL investigation but were later stripped of COLA and slapped with harsh trade restrictions.

“The COLA thing wasn’t a figment of someone’s imagination — it was real,” Colless said.

“It was done vindictively, it was done brutally. And the removal of Sydney from trading — I’m sure that if you hired a high-calibre silk and took them to court I don’t think they would have any ground at all for doing what they’ve done.”

No.. The AFL were not happy that Buddy was going to the Swans...

• Like 2

Commisioner Chooks,

Will you register a team called autofill in the fantasy to make even numbers to make the comp valid?

Can't see any fixtures at this stage and it's 2 days to go.

Morning FJ

I have been forwarded a "slick pic" team

but I cannot find the invite code because it is deep in the forum somewhere within all the lovely bullshxt

Please post so I can join and make up the numbers and become some cannon fodder for Alex

• Like 1

Commisioner Chooks,

Will you register a team called autofill in the fantasy to make even numbers to make the comp valid?

Morning FJ

but I cannot find the invite code because it is deep in the forum somewhere within all the lovely bullshxt

Please post so I can join and make up the numbers and become some cannon fodder for Alex

Good stuff mate.

THAILAND MOB and code is LCJUWFL5

If the code doesn't work,try a little j instead of capital Jthumbsup.gif

Edited by farmerjo

Commisioner Chooks,

Morning FJ

Good stuff mate.

THAILAND MOB and code is LCJUWFL5

If the code doesn't work,try a little j instead of capital Jthumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif OK. Now just have to try and swap the holiday players for some grit and substance

• Like 1

AlexRRR's favourite journotongue.png

I thought she came across okay in the interview

Precious rag. One of the reasons I don’t watch Footy Classified for the last 4 or so years.

Used to look forward to it before “the Carrot” and now gossip monger Damien Barrett downgraded the show.

• Like 2

Christ, Caro came across as - dare I say it - likable... If she does write a book... Sounds like it will be a fascinating read...

Yeah i thought she was okay

She cops a lot of criticism and at times Robbo does too.

But, so many of the AFL commentators in the media are ex players now, and they are often reluctant to criticize (fairly) coaches and others they might be friends with or played with.

You can add in a 99% male centric viewpoint, and you get into the territory of a happy happy PR machine giving us the news they want us to hear

• Like 2

Christ, Caro came across as - dare I say it - likable... If she does write a book... Sounds like it will be a fascinating read...

Biography including early life around the football clubs.

I think a interesting account.

Alexrrr

Chimpy is off to Melbourne this week to see Big Gill, AFL supremo.

I was telling Chimps about the conspiracy theories you put forward and it piqued the hairy fellas interest

Immediately he was on LINE and messaging Gill. Result: the two of them would like you to join them for a round table discussion this week in Melbourne where you can present your theories to Gill and Chimps.

Chimps is an avid conspiracy theorist, his favorites including: the X-Files (he is sure the scripts are from factual events) disappearance of Harold Holt, Hawthorns Ability to keep players under salary cap, JFK might have been a ladyboy, Adam Goodes is Maori and AFL Pies contain Rat meat.

So, plenty you guy can chat about

If you are interested, Chimps asked if you could PM me your details and he will get in touch

• Like 2

How did your warm up fantasy score go Alex?

I got ranked 175 out of 126 odd thousand but am sure when it starts proper,things will change.

Don't know about ranking score was 1694 with one ruckman out on suspension good for close to 100 if we go by last season, obviously from now I need to fine tune, need to score in the high 1900 to win the flag again.

I got lucky last year this season it's about being competitive...hehe

I had 2234tongue.png

Well.....arnt I going to have to pull my socks up to,top that......but you know about the OX by now....

• Like 1

Alexrrr

Chimpy is off to Melbourne this week to see Big Gill, AFL supremo.

I was telling Chimps about the conspiracy theories you put forward and it piqued the hairy fellas interest

Immediately he was on LINE and messaging Gill. Result: the two of them would like you to join them for a round table discussion this week in Melbourne where you can present your theories to Gill and Chimps.

Chimps is an avid conspiracy theorist, his favorites including: the X-Files (he is sure the scripts are from factual events) disappearance of Harold Holt, Hawthorns Ability to keep players under salary cap, JFK might have been a ladyboy, Adam Goodes is Maori and AFL Pies contain Rat meat.

So, plenty you guy can chat about

If you are interested, Chimps asked if you could PM me your details and he will get in touch

Nope I avoid the lime lite.....don't wanna be hold up at the Ecuador embassy in Canberra, or do a runner to Russia and spend time with Snowden, I got my dog to feed he expects his dinner pronto 5.30 every night. Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 2