Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

I want to run this past the learned breatheren of TV...

Say you have a private VPN that you pay for which is something like $50 a year, that means you could watch Au catch up TV anywhere in the world.....

It could also mean i could get my AFL local packaged i pay for overseas or could i not and by that i mean not the Global Pass...the local versions at half the price..

I expect to be back and forth a fair bit the next few years and i havent given Apple my new credit card number yet that they require to pay for this years AFL package, anyone have an answer?

Ps....the tipping, we need a new director of tipping so whos willing?

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

I want to run this past the learned breatheren of TV...

Say you have a private VPN that you pay for which is something like $50 a year, that means you could watch Au catch up TV anywhere in the world.....

It could also mean i could get my AFL local packaged i pay for overseas or could i not and by that i mean not the Global Pass...the local versions at half the price..

I expect to be back and forth a fair bit the next few years and i havent given Apple my new credit card number yet that they require to pay for this years AFL package, anyone have an answer?

Ps....the tipping, we need a new director of tipping so whos willing?

Alex,

Re the VPNs, get a good one. The browser adds [extension] on are no chop and will let you down as they do not function across different tabs. Should really install the VPN in the router but 'yes' is teh answer. Most good vpn will give you a choice of servers registered. US west coast is good for this. Researching same topic recently. 

Tipping. Needed and experienced old head for this. 

Don't forget the long range. Bump that post latter. Where is bookman?

• Like 1

Alex,

Re the VPNs, get a good one. The browser adds [extension] on are no chop and will let you down as they do not function across different tabs. Should really install the VPN in the router but 'yes' is teh answer. Most good vpn will give you a choice of servers registered. US west coast is good for this. Researching same topic recently. 

Tipping. Needed and experienced old head for this. 

Don't forget the long range. Bump that post latter. Where is bookman?

So who did you go with and does it work well?

Books has retired I found out yesterday, maybe the fire will reignite, maybe he needs a year off like them bombers, fingers crossed he will return as he's good filler and keeps a few of them hard core guys yapping away....

We need a tipping maestro I nominate WILL hehe....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Just now, AlexRRR said:

So who did you go with and does it work well?

Books has retired I found out yesterday, maybe the fire will reignite, maybe he needs a year off like them bombers, fingers crossed he will return as he's good filler and keeps a few of them hard core guys yapping away....

We need a tipping maestro I nominate WILL hehe....

I have spent some time trying to get my head around the in's and outs of this for the same reason, mobility and  streaming access and it became apparent that unless the data is encrypted and disguised at the router it is less effective. 

I always prefer the open source software if poss, as they tend to iron out the wrinkle others put in for their own ends. To that extent, I  thought TOR was the go. Google 'tor project' and it will readily found. I have made the newbie mistake of those browser add ons before and was a waste of time as even the age newspaper could detect you though whatever mist the browser ext put up. Incognito was more effective.

VPN not a massive deal for me other than the footy. Most imp recently though was ublock adblocker. Changes life on windows and this is a browser extension. Awesome. Have not seen an ad since i downloaded spotify which brings it's own adds. 

This internet caper is learning all over again. 

THx for putting your hand up again WILL. Alex said you were gud at that.

Struggling for a spread of players on the fantasy team. A good year by the bombers sees me win something i do not yet understand!!

• Like 2

Alex, I use IPVanishVPN, I have tried a few which I have paid for this one is $70 per year. I watch all catch up TV and live. The only problem I have had is with 7 catch up which some programs I can not watch. Not really bothered as there is not much I want to watch on there anyway. We itch others I have only had the issue with the speed which was not enough to watch programs due to the reroute game through other servers.
The IPvanish I have not had a problem with in this regard. I have watched live sporting on all channels except 10 who do not have any live streaming so to speak.
I hope this is of help to you. I did have a way of getting Foxtel but that avenue of pleasure has now been blocked, I continue to research this. They are money hungry b%^%$#ds so I would prefer not to give them a cent
Gary

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

Alex, I use IPVanishVPN, I have tried a few which I have paid for this one is $70 per year. I watch all catch up TV and live. The only problem I have had is with 7 catch up which some programs I can not watch. Not really bothered as there is not much I want to watch on there anyway. We itch others I have only had the issue with the speed which was not enough to watch programs due to the reroute game through other servers.
The IPvanish I have not had a problem with in this regard. I have watched live sporting on all channels except 10 who do not have any live streaming so to speak.
I hope this is of help to you. I did have a way of getting Foxtel but that avenue of pleasure has now been blocked, I continue to research this. They are money hungry b%^%$#ds so I would prefer not to give them a cent
Gary

Thanks Guzman, i want to do something on my return, im an apple man though i do still own a fairly good speck windows laptop, i travel with an iPad Air with keyboard works very well but with so much time on my hands i could be downloading a few things while im in BKK....iPad isnt for that, so im thinking to get a MacBook Air, also very light this by the way is for Optus, ditch your windows pc's ive never looked back going apple they just dont have problems software or hardware.

There for it sounds like once i get a VPN apart from catch up tv good chance id be getting my local version of AFL i supscribe to, now im not against going down to the Aussie pub in soi 11 (lots of good stuff in soi 11 WILL) or even getting a global pass its just that im coming and going and untill the next time got no idea what dates im anywhere..

Any more feed back?

Ps WILL your the man to lead the tipping its 2 votes for you fella....
  • Like 1

Alex, I ditched Windows PC's except that when I was working I was forced to use one but I did actually use my Mac most of the time, an advantage with tax write off's LOL. I have left AUS and now here permanently although will go back end of 2018 to sort out final finances for retirement.
I want to get a new MacBook but cost at the moment prohibitive, new model just released and does have very good weight advantages.
I live in SaiMai so a trip to Soi 11 can be an afternoon out one day so let me know I may come and join you, I am a Dockers Fan, sorry.
The only thing with the IPad and the MacBook the Apps are different between them some are alright for the IPad and not for the MacBook. One notable one is Line which runs a little different between one to the other. Thai Visa is another one I had problems with but I think the architecture used d for the system may be outdated, I know they have had an upgrade but it is still not to HTML5 as far as I can tell and the Java scripts are not the best I have seen.
Anyway I am glad to have another Apple friend here in Thailand, at some stage I want to get Ron my brother onto Apple but Rome was not built in a day.
I do have Trend Virus System on my machines which is not necessary but it does cover some stuff that may come through. Sadly there are all sorts of stuff that attacks the Windows system.
I seem to be rambling.
Gary

• Like 1

All good info there. THx guzman too.

Re windows...... hear ya alex and you are right. No doubt; for my last two pc purchases went into the shop to buy a macbook, ie make the switch as my industry in all apple and .... whilst being recalcitrant on the TV afl thread might be fun at times ,,,work wise it is a pain in the arse, and left with another pc. Recently, I did succumb and buy  the latest HP spectre 360 and it has been a dream pc tablet etc  but  agreem it is still a pc. Try harder to stick to my guns next purchase and go macbook. Could easily use both actually having gone fully cloud storage adn little hard drive workwise. 

I am ready to submit round one tips! Where do they go?

• Like 1

Alex, I ditched Windows PC's except that when I was working I was forced to use one but I did actually use my Mac most of the time, an advantage with tax write off's LOL. I have left AUS and now here permanently although will go back end of 2018 to sort out final finances for retirement.
I want to get a new MacBook but cost at the moment prohibitive, new model just released and does have very good weight advantages.
I live in SaiMai so a trip to Soi 11 can be an afternoon out one day so let me know I may come and join you, I am a Dockers Fan, sorry.
The only thing with the IPad and the MacBook the Apps are different between them some are alright for the IPad and not for the MacBook. One notable one is Line which runs a little different between one to the other. Thai Visa is another one I had problems with but I think the architecture used d for the system may be outdated, I know they have had an upgrade but it is still not to HTML5 as far as I can tell and the Java scripts are not the best I have seen.
Anyway I am glad to have another Apple friend here in Thailand, at some stage I want to get Ron my brother onto Apple but Rome was not built in a day.
I do have Trend Virus System on my machines which is not necessary but it does cover some stuff that may come through. Sadly there are all sorts of stuff that attacks the Windows system.
I seem to be rambling.
Gary

• Like 2

Opted, my move to the Mac was not easy as with you. I had all sorts of issues because I was writing in a system that used it's own code similar to HTML. The problem was that the system was not up to the current HTML Language where the Mac was. This did lead to confusion. Another thing was all Web Browsers are not the same especially when you write code which runs differently on each, and the worst being Internet Explorer. Bill Gates has a lot to answer for.
I still have an active account using Microsoft Office but I am now thinking of cancelling this and using the Apple programs, they are similar and in some ways better. Every week I get new updates for the Office programs and not for the Apple ones.
I think it is a case of biting the bullet and making the move, as you can see I have not moved totally, yet!

• Like 1

Opted, my move to the Mac was not easy as with you. I had all sorts of issues because I was writing in a system that used it's own code similar to HTML. The problem was that the system was not up to the current HTML Language where the Mac was. This did lead to confusion. Another thing was all Web Browsers are not the same especially when you write code which runs differently on each, and the worst being Internet Explorer. Bill Gates has a lot to answer for.
I still have an active account using Microsoft Office but I am now thinking of cancelling this and using the Apple programs, they are similar and in some ways better. Every week I get new updates for the Office programs and not for the Apple ones.
I think it is a case of biting the bullet and making the move, as you can see I have not moved totally, yet!

1 minute ago, Gazman1 said:

Will make the move. I constantly have to change up presentations on alternate platforms and seemingly prepare them on windows and for an apple delivery. Not good. I do need to bite the bullet. It has helped shifting large files to cloud servicng and not worry about other device aspects re hardware. 

With the apps if there not working delete and download again worked fir me with Thaivisa and a few others.

I have iMac desktop nice big screen at home never missed a beat since I got it start of 2013, you might want to concider assuming ur not using it for work the MacBook Air 3f652b03e09ee9432f869c18f175f15d.jpg

Was looking at one at jb before I cam over, storage is poor but just need to carry a external hard drive, that laptop even though 11 inch seems way bigger and very light excellent for traveling if you need a pic instead of a tablet....

As for Ron, he's a good bloke I'm sure he will see the apple light one day.

March 25 I think Dee's play saints I'm going to the Aussie pub in Soi 11 at midday so who ever is in bkk come join me....

Wops it's a 13inch looked like 15inch when I viewed it in store, I was impressed and under 1600$ for a Apple laptop very tempting indeed...

Someone mentioned reading the paper online, I don't even bother wiping my history, normally I read the paper on my iPad, before I open the age I go to setttings hit safari then block all cookies, this allows me to read as many stories as I like and there not counted, downside is you need to go back to settings swipe allow websites a view to be able to browse[emoji307] hope it helps someone.

I have a MacBook Pro 15 inch, also the latest IPad, I must admit I use the IPad more than the Mac although for photo's and other work it is the best.
The MacBook I have the maximum specs and I have Time capsule and 1TB ICloud so I have plenty of space.
Ron is my brother and yes he is a good bloke but many say I am much nicer, I think he will agree. As for changing him to Apple, I am not sure because all of his stuff is Window's based and he is very meticulous, more so than I am and it would take a long time for him to change stuff over.
As for the 25th March, I should be back from the old Visa run by then so yes, just let me know which pub you will be at. And how I will recognise you.
By the way I have always bought my stuff from an Apple Shop, not at JB HiFi. The prices are not much different from what I have found.

• Like 1

I have a MacBook Pro 15 inch, also the latest IPad, I must admit I use the IPad more than the Mac although for photo's and other work it is the best.
The MacBook I have the maximum specs and I have Time capsule and 1TB ICloud so I have plenty of space.
Ron is my brother and yes he is a good bloke but many say I am much nicer, I think he will agree. As for changing him to Apple, I am not sure because all of his stuff is Window's based and he is very meticulous, more so than I am and it would take a long time for him to change stuff over.
As for the 25th March, I should be back from the old Visa run by then so yes, just let me know which pub you will be at. And how I will recognise you.
By the way I have always bought my stuff from an Apple Shop, not at JB HiFi. The prices are not much different from what I have found.

My brother does tamper with the truth, I'm the more sensible one.

Sent from my iris 755 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Since the AFL has gone to Fox sports i get a very clear picture on pc but the buffering is terrible.The speed setting appears to be auto or zero.(before you had a choice of 4 or 5 settings)

Is there something i'm missing?,particular app or something.

No problem to watch on phone.  

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

Since the AFL has gone to Fox sports i get a very clear picture on pc but the buffering is terrible.The speed setting appears to be auto or zero.(before you had a choice of 4 or 5 settings)

Is there something i'm missing?,particular app or something.

No problem to watch on phone.  

Just watched the first half of the West Coast game and it was fine.

I had to create a new account and download the new app.