Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

3 hours ago, Gazman1 said:

Just putting this up again a couple of new members hopefully for the tipping. Can the spreadsheet be posted again as well as the ladder forecast please

Also I tried to get into the fantasy league but the code does not find a league

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Is this the one you are after.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=423841

3 hours ago, Gazman1 said:

Just putting this up again a couple of new members hopefully for the tipping. Can the spreadsheet be posted again as well as the ladder forecast please

Get on Gazman. Indeed, all who are still thinking about it.

And given ARR's woes but triumphal battle with tech issues, I have added the chart or sheet  into a word doc format. Might be easier to mark up. [thx alex for the effort]. Either format is fine. PM the returns asap. !! 

Remember, it's a one time play for regular updates. Nice corollary to the other activities going on here.

Don't forget the boozy lunch at Bradman's for the winner. 

Ron will send you my picks otherwise temptation may challenge my ethics... 

AFL TV football forcast 2017 in word.docx

AFL TV football forcast 2017.xlsx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Round 1 match previews of fantasy....

JoBoss Vs BLUEsteel Dees.....Boss has the woods over the former premiers...(like how I got that in?) but the Dees looking good, tight game can go either way...second year blues could be a factor for the Boss....

Chiangmai Saints Vs bangkok bombers. Gees optus you could have used capitals....done and dusted CM Saints will wipe the bkk bombers off the face of the earth.....Chooks is a hard man to beat...19 on the Trott....you got your work cutout for you in your very first game OPTUS....

Rips Swans Vs GrannysApples...well really this is the game of the round 2 proven finalists Grant would be the most consistent TV fanatsy player either way in a very tight game not game to pick a wimner here....

Fj Flyers vs DikyDoks. ...reminds me in my first season sending up my club....will Gaz do the same and come from a loooooooong way behind and blitz the league?.....No he wont....your doomed son.....Fj is like his North, looks good wins a few looses a few claims hes in the Phillipines so this is your big chance to get a win first off since he's unlikely to make changes to his line up......

Here we go here we go go gooooo

You have incentivised the round with that post Arr. Got the competitive flow going. Actually have a few saints in the squad but will being offering chook no quarter; nada, niente, naught zero and zilch come the weekend.

I like the list i have for value but stll flying bit blind. A tweak or two tonight perhaps.

Q: Once it begins when can adjustments be made?

Q: Should I be picking players expecting all to score or can you carry an injury [an omission/non starter as an emergency] or is that just stupid?

Q: What is the best criteria  for selecting emergencies?

3 hours ago, Ron19 said:

I think you need to know this, I have never been to Ikon Park but went to Princes Park twice, is the Robert Heatley stand still there ? The 1st time was to see the champion from East Fremantle, Graham Melrose play his 1st game for Norths. Never did anything and was copping stick from the crowd so we pulled the pin and caught a tram or trams (can't remember whether it was one or two) back to our pub The Beehive in Hawthorn. Checked out and drove down to Geelong for the night and had a great night there talking football with  the locals.

That's where I found out that Melrose  had 17 touches in the final quarter. 

FFFF or what ever is acceptable language amongst grown men. :whistling:

Image result for Robert Heatley stand princes park

The Robert Heatley and George Harris Social Club stands were demolished about ten years ago.

Replaced by the current admin, training and club shop building.

It would have been at least two trams...

Ikon_park_04.03.17.jpg

• Like 1

That building has put limitations on what they can do at PP now. Cannot be revamped into the boutique arena they are looking for. Western oval went for commercial partners in a totally different fashion and have more community upside i think. Arden just does not have the space and Windy hill is all about the pokies in the social club underneath. But that building looks like a battleship without guns just descended from a 1970s sci fi flick.

47 minutes ago, optad said:

Get on Gazman. Indeed, all who are still thinking about it.

And given ARR's woes but triumphal battle with tech issues, I have added the chart or sheet  into a word doc format. Might be easier to mark up. [thx alex for the effort]. Either format is fine. PM the returns asap. !! 

Remember, it's a one time play for regular updates. Nice corollary to the other activities going on here.

Don't forget the boozy lunch at Bradman's for the winner. 

Ron will send you my picks otherwise temptation may challenge my ethics... 

AFL TV football forcast 2017 in word.docx

AFL TV football forcast 2017.xlsx

Just sent you my yearly tips

I WILL CLOSE FANTASY AT MIDNIGHT FRIDAY 24TH March..    currently 8 teams and full but can increase to 10 if late comers.  Need to close as I will be attending demons/ saints game and then flying to Chiangmai and maybe no Internet access for a few days

• Like 1

You have incentivised the round with that post Arr. Got the competitive flow going. Actually have a few saints in the squad but will being offering chook no quarter; nada, niente, naught zero and zilch come the weekend.

I like the list i have for value but stll flying bit blind. A tweak or two tonight perhaps.

Q: Once it begins when can adjustments be made?
Q: Should I be picking players expecting all to score or can you carry an injury [an omission/non starter as an emergency] or is that just stupid?
Q: What is the best criteria  for selecting emergencies?

The best criteria to pic energencies OPTUS is have the FUNDS to have a Dangerfield in reserve...which none of us have....this is where your nouse on research comes into it.....i had that Swans forward last year as a reserve for get his name now, doubled in value by 2/3rds of the season then cut down with injuries so was sold off.....

You can make unlimited changes untill the season proper starts after that its 2 changes a week...again having players that actualy get to play in reserve gets you out of tight situations, dont fret we often carry an injuries into a game....you are able to make changes during the 3 by rounds as well were we wont be playing...helps tweak your team for the run home to the finals where you BOSS and DICK wont need to worry much....as your doomed anyway.....

Other wise its fly by the seat of your pants...one tip though get urself a decent midfield thats on the ground often 10 or so players that play 20 odd games a season will keep you out of trouble after that your covering injuries or making changes for better preforming players....

Not rocket science fella...if JoBlow can do it and do it ok anyone can...and easily....

We should run a comp here RON on top four and bottom 4 placing in Fanatsy.....i know where one optus will land judging by this post...

By the way the original post was to spur up the rivalry between members going into the 3rd season...last year was awful since we had AFL auto fill which killed off the buzz....it did for me at least....If CHOOKs had not payed up i dout the tight arse pensioners in here would have i would have retired my team on 1 flag in 2 seasons...thats a 50% record no one would have beaten....ahh did i mention Fantasy flag season 1? 50% record....its a grand old flag its a high flying flag....etc etc....

12 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

The best criteria to pic energencies OPTUS is have the FUNDS to have a Dangerfield in reserve...which none of us have....this is where your nouse on research comes into it.....i had that Swans forward last year as a reserve for get his name now, doubled in value by 2/3rds of the season then cut down with injuries so was sold off.....

You can make unlimited changes untill the season proper starts after that its 2 changes a week...again having players that actualy get to play in reserve gets you out of tight situations, dont fret we often carry an injuries into a game....you are able to make changes during the 3 by rounds as well were we wont be playing...helps tweak your team for the run home to the finals where you BOSS and DICK wont need to worry much....as your doomed anyway.....

Other wise its fly by the seat of your pants...one tip though get urself a decent midfield thats on the ground often 10 or so players that play 20 odd games a season will keep you out of trouble after that your covering injuries or making changes for better preforming players....

Not rocket science fella...if JoBlow can do it and do it ok anyone can...and easily....

We should run a comp here RON on top four and bottom 4 placing in Fanatsy.....i know where one optus will land judging by this post...

By the way the original post was to spur up the rivalry between members going into the 3rd season...last year was awful since we had AFL auto fill which killed off the buzz....it did for me at least....If CHOOKs had not payed up i dout the tight arse pensioners in here would have i would have retired my team on 1 flag in 2 seasons...thats a 50% record no one would have beaten....ahh did i mention Fantasy flag season 1? 50% record....its a grand old flag its a high flying flag....etc etc....

I will look at your suggestion in the morning after the medication provided by Dr Sing this evening has worn off.

Sent from my iris 755 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ouch!

Just what Collingwood and Bucks need.

Jordan De Goey admits he broke his hand in a bar fight not while throwing a toy for his dog

COLLINGWOOD player Jordan De Goey has confessed to the club he broke his hand in a bar-room altercation.

The Pies player had told the club he broke his hand in an incident throwing a toy to his dog in an explanation so comical it was hard to believe.

But it is understood De Goey, 21 last Wednesday, has now come clean about the real reason behind the incident.

The Herald Sun yesterday made repeated inquiries to his management about that fight but De Goey was stuck to his initial story.

Late last night it is understood the Pies became aware of the real story, with De Goey now facing punishment for his lies to Collingwood.

He was meeting club officials including coach Nathan Buckley and football boss Geoff Walsh today.

Collingwood would be expected to punish him with a significant penalty after his breach of trust to the club.

It is a significant embarrassment to the Pies and another example of player deceiving key officials.

Magpies pair Heath Shaw and Alan Didak were involved in a 2008 incident that saw Shaw producing a breath-testing of 0.14 after driving into a car.

Shaw denied he was in the car with Didak, with Eddie McGuire defending him.

“Didak will be accused of the Kennedy shooting next,” McGuire said.

But is soon became apparent Didak was present, with egg on the club’s face over belief of the players.

Only last year Collingwood had to accept the explanation of new defender Jeremy Howe after he broke his finger in a frisbee-related incident with his dog.

Witnesses said he had played a game of T20 cricket that same night and injured himself trying to take a catch.

But he was adamant he had not been injured in that incident and the Pies hierarchy eventually accepted his explanation.

De Goey was set to miss several weeks with the hand injury but now will face internal punishment from the club’s leadership group and executive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

The frisbee and the dog are the standard excuses for hand injuries. How dare a club question the excuse.:shock1:

Lying to the club seems to be a common problem for Collingwood.

Maybe the boy's are shit scared of Ed and the ramifications.

I heard it was from a punch up an hour after I read the "dog excuse".

How they reckon they can get away with things like that these days is mind boggling.

• Like 1

Worsfold is spreading bogg around, claims he knows what it's like to have players lie to you...

The WCE drug years resurfaced today, Worsfold claimed he was notified by 3 different parties into Coursins and Gardner's and im guessing a few more players habits at that time....one being the WA police force, now how someone like the senior coach could dismiss the police out of hand after talking to a few drug taking players and they saying "there is nothing to worry about" is just simply Alice in Wonderland stuff...

Sorry John not believe you, pure merda in the thickest form, old Kev Bartlett thinks that 06 flag should be stripped from WCE is like RIGHT, Gardner is about the only 1 of 4 players to not end up in the press since his playing days were over, Mainwearing, Kerr and Cousins of course and all leading players at that time were into the hooch or what ever they call it....STRIP STRIP STRIP....considering how the Bombers where trated the Eagles should be striped of there flag and fined and sent to play in china for the next 10 years...

Viney's appointment as co captain was S Goodwins call, he saying Jack is ready to lead now, Jones at first stumped has put his hand up to say its a good call...the truth is Jones slipped last year where as Viney was at it like hammer and tong, i said 3 years ago Jack Viney would be an elite footballer and he has arrived quicker than expected.

Scott and the Cats working on a 2 year extension to his contract, coming out at seasons end along with Bucks and Hardwick, Cats only finishing out of the 4 once i think they said in his 6 years there....lets not forget they and the Hawks have been very active in luring free agents since its inception...

On 3/20/2017 at 1:06 PM, AlexRRR said:

Woooooooow round 1 I got my wish... I got you joblow.... you better be on the ball I owe you big time from last year.... you won't hear the end of it if I beat you kid ..... watch where your standing match day fella.... 7958a421f1140226dd84209fb36f910d.jpg
Chooks has set the competition to be two games each.

Be careful you don't crow too loud in the early stages.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

15 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Worsfold is spreading bogg around, claims he knows what it's like to have players lie to you...

The WCE drug years resurfaced today, Worsfold claimed he was notified by 3 different parties into Coursins and Gardner's and im guessing a few more players habits at that time....one being the WA police force, now how someone like the senior coach could dismiss the police out of hand after talking to a few drug taking players and they saying "there is nothing to worry about" is just simply Alice in Wonderland stuff...

Sorry John not believe you, pure merda in the thickest form, old Kev Bartlett thinks that 06 flag should be stripped from WCE is like RIGHT, Gardner is about the only 1 of 4 players to not end up in the press since his playing days were over, Mainwearing, Kerr and Cousins of course and all leading players at that time were into the hooch or what ever they call it....STRIP STRIP STRIP....considering how the Bombers where trated the Eagles should be striped of there flag and fined and sent to play in china for the next 10 years...

USDC2Xs-iloveimg-compressed.gif

• Like 1

On a brighter note i seem to be having issues getting into the AFL app....both on tablet and phone...am i not alone?

Only way for me to access so far has been through there web pages....i feel like the Last man on Earth.....

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

On a brighter note i seem to be having issues getting into the AFL app....both on tablet and phone...am i not alone?

Only way for me to access so far has been through there web pages....i feel like the Last man on Earth.....

Gary most likely has the same problem. Perhaps you two should get together and talk it over.   :whistling:

• Like 1

Alex, I assume you are talking about the AFL Fantasy and not the Tipping. There is a new App for the Fantasy it appears so you will need to download that. Yes I agree that Telstra and the AFL are, well I do not want to get banned from the site so intercourse may be an appropriate word to describe what I think!!

• Like 1

Alex, I assume you are talking about the AFL Fantasy and not the Tipping. There is a new App for the Fantasy it appears so you will need to download that. Yes I agree that Telstra and the AFL are, well I do not want to get banned from the site so intercourse may be an appropriate word to describe what I think!!

Well there you go I should have checked it all out before writing, if you go to the Apple App page you get related apps but not the AFL one. Alex we have discussed the abilities of the AFL and Telstra to get things right but they have not let us down they have remained true to form with no improvements on prior years

• Like 1

When I set up a poll I have a choice of making posters private or public.

In the past I have made them private although mods can still see them.

This morning I have changed the polls that are running now to public.

You can see them by clicking on the icon at the right of each one.

If anyone has a problem with this, I can change it back to private.