Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

I may have a corporate box for 15 people at the SCG on the 29th of May, Sydney V Carlton. All food and drinks supplied. If anyone interested let me know.

I'm flying back on the 25th and the missus wants to see the opera house so maybe catch a game at the same time.

No strings attached.

JOBOSS how was the game last night and hope you enjoyed the tickets.

very generous chooka!

I just got back from Sydney..i should have delayed my trip

It's my pleasure for members of this forum, we all have one common interest and that being the football. We may not agree on other subjects but that is human nature and I don't take things personally. I get free tickets regularly to a variety of games and only to happy to share with those who want.

What we should try and do is organise a get together to watch a game in Thailand.

We are spread, I'm Sansai, chiangmai
  • Like 1

I may have a corporate box for 15 people at the SCG on the 29th of May, Sydney V Carlton. All food and drinks supplied. If anyone interested let me know.

I'm flying back on the 25th and the missus wants to see the opera house so maybe catch a game at the same time.

No strings attached.

JOBOSS how was the game last night and hope you enjoyed the tickets.

very generous chooka!

I just got back from Sydney..i should have delayed my trip

It's my pleasure for members of this forum, we all have one common interest and that being the football. We may not agree on other subjects but that is human nature and I don't take things personally. I get free tickets regularly to a variety of games and only to happy to share with those who want.

What we should try and do is organise a get together to watch a game in Thailand.

Good idea if you can stand my barracking please no umbrellas I been hit once and threatened a few times.

• Like 1

I've attended the Grand a Final shindig put on by AustCham (Australian Thai Chamber of Commerce - which just seems to be a forum for Australian expats to bitch about what's wrong with Thailand and how our Free Trade Agreement doesn't work for them - yawn) the last 2 years but there is a local mob run by a bunch of expats up here that run around in an international league of sorts, the Thailand Tigers.

Was invited to their Grand Final shindig last year and had it not been for the earlier invite of AustCham I'd've made it to the Tigers gig, in hindsight, I should've gone to the Tigers gig.

• Like 2

<deleted> me! <deleted> Umps... <deleted>...

facepalm.gif

No idea what that Pyke play on was about...

They said it was touched when kicked to Pyke but did not replay it.

Just saw it on video fella's.

It was clearly touched off the boot.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/if-you-dont-mind-umpire-the-most-controversial-calls-of-afl-round-5/story-fnp04d70-1227332225901

Edited by Will27

Well i'm bewildered with lewis being offered 2 weeks for a clothesline.

I think the mrp is more sensible in approach to head clashes this year but 2 for a clothesline.

At that.its in your teams best interests to play a hitman to take out the oppositions best player.

Richmonds got vickery only he cant get near anyone at the moment.biggrin.png

Pretty straight forward round this week fella's?

Game of the round possibly Fright night Collingwood versus Geelong.

I have a feeling whoever gets the margin will win the round.

Anyone see any potential upsets?

GC to upset Ade maybe?

• Like 1

Pretty straight forward round this week fella's?

Game of the round possibly Fright night Collingwood versus Geelong.

I have a feeling whoever gets the margin will win the round.

Anyone see any potential upsets?

GC to upset Ade maybe?

I thought it was my job to stir things up? tongue.png

You better tell me who I should be picking, I'm confused again this week blink.png

I'm not sure who to pick for Collingwood v Geelong. I'm not on the Collingwood bandwagon yet.

North v Richmond. I have tipped North here, but that is usually a kiss of death in itself. Richmond players are surely going to come out firing after their recent poor performances?

Western bulldogs v St Kilda. yeah sure, Bulldogs are playing great, but anyone who watched the St Kilda game last week will be thinking the yare a decent chance here. They really should have won the game against Essendon but importantly they never gave up. 2 young sides, whodk be an exciting games

Carlton v brisbane. The two worst sides in the comp? i'd fancy Carlton here, only by virtue of them having home ground advantage.

Sydney v Melbourne. It is a dark day when i consider an upset here. Sydney do not play well in the wet. Both their losses this year could have been wins, so not too much to worry about there. Dry condition Sydney easily. Wet, close game.

Gold coast V Adelaide. Gold Coast home game, and they showed more confidence last week. Problem is they were playing Brisbane. Adelaide should win...or maybe not. Godl Coast had a lot of injured senior players, so I am not sure who returns this week. One thing. I expect Tex to have a big game

• Like 1

I think the mrp is more sensible in approach to head clashes this year but 2 for a clothesline.

At that.its in your teams best interests to play a hitman to take out the oppositions best player.

Mate

I've stopped being bewildered by the MRP AKA chook lotto.

I don't see how anyone who watches a bit of footy reckons GC's Steven May's

was the same as Lewis's. May's kept his elbow down, caught him high admittedly

but was very stiff.

They graded Lewis as careless! I don't know the gradings, I guess intentional would've

been a stretch but surely it was reckless. I reckon Lewis was worse than hodge, mainly

due to the force.

I reckon hodge should get 3 and Lewis should've 4 every day of the week.

Brad Sewell, a former team mate of Hodge and Lewis is on the MRP panel.

Did he sit in on the discussion?

I hope he would have recused himself to avoid any favoritism

Mate

I've stopped being bewildered by the MRP AKA chook lotto.

I don't see how anyone who watches a bit of footy reckons GC's Steven May's

was the same as Lewis's. May's kept his elbow down, caught him high admittedly

but was very stiff.

They graded Lewis as careless! I don't know the gradings, I guess intentional would've

been a stretch but surely it was reckless. I reckon Lewis was worse than hodge, mainly

due to the force.

I reckon hodge should get 3 and Lewis should've 4 every day of the week.

Brad Sewell, a former team mate of Hodge and Lewis is on the MRP panel.

Did he sit in on the discussion?

I hope he would have recused himself to avoid any favoritism

That's a good point BookMan.

AFAIK, Sewell was one of the decision makers.

Woah, looks like GC chances agaisnt Adelaide this week just got even harder.

Suns dump trio for breaching alcohol rule

GOLD Coast has dropped Harley Bennell, Trent McKenzie and Brandon Matera for Saturday's match against Adelaide for failing to meet the club's discipline standards. - See more at:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-05/suns-dump-bennell-mckenzie-and-matera-for-disciplinary-reasons#sthash.EePHOAGz.dpuf

• Like 1

Woah, looks like GC chances agaisnt Adelaide this week just got even harder.

Suns dump trio for breaching alcohol rule

GOLD Coast has dropped Harley Bennell, Trent McKenzie and Brandon Matera for Saturday's match against Adelaide for failing to meet the club's discipline standards. - See more at:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-05/suns-dump-bennell-mckenzie-and-matera-for-disciplinary-reasons#sthash.EePHOAGz.dpuf

Bennell had a standout game last week...big loss..

Is there anyone inside Thailand receiving Australia+ by satelite? Looking through various web sites, it looks like it could be possible though not certain.

Being carried by True.. Channel 792, though looking at the "fine print" it says only available for "cable" customers, so those with a Dish probably can't access it?

Which apparently could be circumvented by using the "TrueVisions" anywhere application (if that actually works) to watch on your device or PC/notebook...

Looks like it might be time to switch to True...

Edited by GrantSmith

Is there anyone inside Thailand receiving Australia+ by satelite? Looking through various web sites, it looks like it could be possible though not certain.

I don't think it's possible.

I don't know of anyone who has it via satellite.

My sat installer tried and couldn't get it. I think

ripstanley tried without success as well.

A shame as they're broadcasting 6 games per week now.

Hodge and Lewis will both miss 3 games...

2 weeks for Lewis mate.

And the softest one May, get's 3 for a high bump.

Go figure.

Apologies... Lewis took the deal, May rolled the dice and lost, Hodge no choice but to take the bullet... Surprised May got 3, for what appears to be a totally legal hip and shoulder...

Now... I've watched that elbow to Swallow's jaw and I did have a flash back to one Bustling Barry Hall when he took out your boy Staker.. Looking at both incidents I would say there's very little in that. They both have/had pretty shocking tribunal reputations. Guessing the difference was that Swallow got up not long after whereas Staker was done.

We could even look at Dean Soloman's hit on Cameron Ling which earned him an 8 week stint...

The inconsistency of the Tribunal is legendary... For all the wrong reasons...

• Like 2

Hodge and Lewis will both miss 3 games...

2 weeks for Lewis mate.

And the softest one May, get's 3 for a high bump.

Go figure.

Apologies... Lewis took the deal, May rolled the dice and lost, Hodge no choice but to take the bullet... Surprised May got 3, for what appears to be a totally legal hip and shoulder...

Now... I've watched that elbow to Swallow's jaw and I did have a flash back to one Bustling Barry Hall when he took out your boy Staker.. Looking at both incidents I would say there's very little in that. They both have/had pretty shocking tribunal reputations. Guessing the difference was that Swallow got up not long after whereas Staker was done.

We could even look at Dean Soloman's hit on Cameron Ling which earned him an 8 week stint...

The inconsistency of the Tribunal is legendary... For all the wrong reasons...

I reckon they still look at the outcome too much, If Swallow went down in a scraming heap and

was carried off, hodge probably gets 6 weeks.

May was very stiff. At least his was in the act whereas hodge's was off the ball and Lewis (IMO),

never had any intent for the pill.

MRP/Tribunal, still like pluckaduck.