Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

2 hours ago, joboss said:

Talking of spoons,,  Master AlexRRR,

I’ve been polishing up a silver one from the heirloom

So you can use it to partake in a nice serving of doggy doo

When you get knocked out of the Fantasy finals..

I know you are interested,  if not , I don't care,, just want to boast..

Daughter is currently in New York doing a "Global Lawyer" course towards her degree.

Heres a shot of her at the Pentagon.

MMM at the pentagon.jpg

Seems as if you have plenty to brag about mate.

You must be really proud.

Congrats.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ripstanley said:

The Indians running the Tipping Site must have been offended with my comments last week. This week I tipped Hawthorn and I received another red X. Another friendly email has been sent.

Ahhhh i wanted to tip the Dee's and got Port instead...such is life....hehehe

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Fantasy Half time report.....last round of home and away games .....Here we go go go

The Jo 1500 even ones Vs Chang jail Chooks 1678...slipping to the bottom of the pile has smartened up the officer in the station house....stern words were spoken during the week...."we dont want plastic" boomed from the coaches mouth, extra laps at the Tan with dark sunglasses as not to see the pretties running along side...focus focus was the call all week long.... "aahhh baa h bah ahh baa Mr Wendel by Arrested Development" could be heard from  speechless Saints players and have responded with blind obedience, slick ball movement has put a smile on the coaches mouth...meanwhile Jo will be searching Target for a matching plastic salad bowel to match the achievement of this season..

Rippinginto me 1589 vs Dreadful Dee's 1239....ahhh i didn't mean it when i said i would throw the game...gone to there heads...being number 1 doesn't sit well with a few players, having an ordinary game by many if it continues we will surly be looking down the barrel but....there is enough gas in the tank to take it up to Rip and maybe even pip him...Todays song for this game is "Hit me With your Best Shot" some sheila sang it..

FlapperJ1649 vs Banged Bomber Optus 1490....the Philippine sun and blue beaches suite mr Fj then short chubby filipino girls attending to the man in white crumpled suite and dirty white panama hat in a delicate way...keeping the whiskey glass full and his fella empty...the life off a beach bum on a tropical island suites mr Fj, it would be a shame for Oppie to loose the last 3 games of the season after leading all year long...this game will go down to the wire, Optus isn't spent just yet, Fj will have to dig in and fight hand to hand in the trenches Oppie isn't giving up just yet....the song for this game is from the same sheila of Rip's game.. Love is a Battlefield".

Dicky Gaz 1202 vs Granny Grant 1458.....after a dazzling start to the year Gaz has fallen on hard times lost the last 5 in a row and looking to add another ...the unheralded solid Grant just cruzin ......the song for this round is... i found my thrill on "Blueberry Hill" aww it was so long ago i dont recall....

Live Ladder shows JoBoss ono 8........a loss by the Dee's and a win to Optus wont change ladder positions looks like i will finnish where i belong hehehe...actualy i dont like it...Fg glued to 4th for ever and ever...ahh the sweet smell of liniment oil...

And I'm coming because it's a final 8 comp

• Like 2

The last game of the season Fantasy wrap up....

My My...how embarrassing.....come from behind Jo 1837 sensationally falls over the line in the biggest come back since Jesus Christ brought Lazarth back from the dead all those eons ages ago..Chooks 1832...Jo hands the Plastic Spoon to Chooks, the mrs should be glad you wont something this year officer...what a fall....from undefeated season one to spooners in season 3...can you back that up next year?

Rip 1797 falls to the revel up at half time Dee's 2081...a good old fashioned Norm Smith blast in the rooms at half time got the required cob webs brushed off.....

Fj 2058 fought all the way and hands Optus 2044 in a close one his 3rd defeat in as many weeks...it was hand to hand in the bunkers today, the Bombers were fighting for pride but alas the sneaky man in crumpled white <deleted> and panama hat with his JW tucked under his arm was able to save the day....all eyes from North today for the Coaching gig down at Arden st for next year...

Dicky Gaz 1676 falls to ever green Grant 2013....crusin all day was Grant....

Well a couple of down to the  wire games today, a bit of a scare from Rip and that wraps up season 3...

The Ladder..

1 Dee's 12-2.....this is where Chooks was before the biggest fall......

2 Optus Bombers 11-3....great achievement for a first year...

3 Grant 10-4....always there.....and this is where i won the flag from in year 1...

4 Fj 10-4.....glued to 4th and thee may keep it...

5th Rip 5-9.....picked himself up in the second half of the year going 3-2 nice work fella..

6th Gaz 3-11 ....lost the plot after a great start not bad for his first year bound to come out with all guns blazing next year..

7th Jo...3-11 ....picked up 2 win in the last 5 games to make it respectable will now celebrate down at Cottleslow beach playing pocket billiards while watching the surf....

8th Chooks 2-12 and ZERO in the last 5 games....a red black and white plastic spoon will be delivered to the station in the morning....

Next weeks games....

Dee's and Optus get a weeks rest  we can reset some dudds.....

Grant vs Gaz in élimination final 1.......winner will play the Dee's in the second semi..

Fj vs Rip....in elimination final 2.....winner will play Optus.....

Looks like Chooks idea of a final 8 did not eventuate there for Chooks and our man JoBlow have retired for the year...

• Like 1

GWS are now facing not making the final 4. The big mover toward the final 4 is Melbourne. They face Kangaroos, GWS, St Kilda, Brisbane and Collingwood. Alex you must be very happy.

Here is my final 4. Adelaide, Geelong, Melbourne and I hope the Swans. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Round 18 has been completed. This week we had 2 tipsters on 7/9. It was very close between Ozzydom and Chook. Chook is the winner with a margin of 3 while Ozzydom had 4. Well done boys.

Ozzydom is the overall leader and has cracked the ton.  2nd is Biggwazz on 95. 5 points clear with only 5 weeks to go. He will be hard to beat.

Good luck for next week.

Nice work Ozzy and Chooks.

Bloody WC costs me again.

Bye bye finals.

• Like 2

This is a pretty big Statement.

“The challenge for him is still the technical nature of the game because it’s a bit incongruous that the strongest man ever to play the game at AFL level is getting pushed out of the way.

Brad Scott on Majak Daw

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/afl/2017/07/23/afl-brad-scott-outburst-unacceptable/

• Like 1

The Tackle - Mark Robinson

WHAT I LIKE

1 RICHMOND

HIGH-stakes game and the Tigers bring heart and the Giants bring hope. Always, heart wins out. We’ll find out if the small forwards can take this team deep into September, but late July has delivered them a top-four placing. Had more substance on Sunday and Dusty Martin probably accrued another three votes. Nick Vlastuin played his best game in his shortened season and adds substance to the defence. This was a huge win.

2 INSPIRING MAGPIES

Whether it was the tackles by Jordan De Goey and Alex Fasolo in the final minutes, or the goals by Fasolo and Jamie Elliott, or the last 10 minutes by Levi Greenwood and his overall game on Andrew Gaff, take your pick, but Collingwood was monstrous in a game which produced a hugfest with coach Nathan Buckley when he joined his players on the ground after the game. To come from behind with two players out of the contest with concussion says plenty about the team’s spirit. Who knows if Buckley’s coaching is over, but if it hasn’t already been decided, it’s performances like this which sway it in Buckley’s favour.

3 SMOOTH OPERATOR

Sydney’s rejuvenation was alive before Jarrad McVeigh returned to the line-up a second time, but there’s no doubting his leadership, calmness and decision-making with the ball lifts the Swans to another level. He is averaging 17.7 disposals at 81 per cent efficiency in his six games, and amid the craziness of modern football, McVeigh keeps law and order. How much would the other mob in Sydney like a player like him?

4 MELBOURNE’S MIDFIELD

Had been beaten for a month, but with the inclusions of Jack Viney and Dom Tyson, won contested footy by 29, clearances by 12 and disposals by 77. It was a total team performance based on pressure and outnumber. In Rounds 1-14, Melbourne was the No. 1 pressure team in the league before losing it for three weeks, but against Port Adelaide had a pressure factor of 200, which is furious football. Add Michael Hibberd off the back flank with his 36 disposals and 821m gained, and the Demons are building again.

5 LIAM PICKEN

Best game of the season as the Bulldogs rebuild their season off Broadway, this time in Cairns. Picken kicked six goals and underlined his standing as the bloke who has got every inch out of himself. The other good news story at the Dogs continues to be Mitch Wallis. Had a game-high 16 contested possessions and 13 score involvements and is rated elite in both areas. It helped that Luke Dahlhaus worked as hard as he did.

6 THE TEAM TO BEAT?

Six points clear at the top with five games to play, consecutive finals are beckoning for Adelaide. Footy isn’t as simple as that, of course, but after the comfortable win at home against the Cats, the Crows are the best-placed team in the competition. Their midfield had been smashed against Geelong under coach Don Pyke, but it dominated on Friday night. At three quarter-time it was +13 for contested footy and +19 in clearances and were helped by a pressure factor of 191, the third best of the season. (Note to self: Ask Chris Scott why he didn’t use Scott Selwood to tag Rory Sloane after the same tactic saw Sloane kept to six disposals in 35 minutes in Round 11, according to Champion Data).

7 BEN BROWN

The Kangaroos forward played a superb hand again on Saturday. Was the target inside 50 22 times, took seven marks inside 50, and kicked 6.2 from 12 disposals. In a team near the bottom of the ladder, Brown is vying for the All-Australian full-forward spot. He gets unders because the commentary largely centres on his accurate goalkicking (47.22 this year) but he’s much more than that. He’s a colossus overhead and with Jarrad Waite supplying the tricks the youthful Kangaroos might sneak a win in the run home.

8 THE MAGNET MAN

Alastair Clarkson’s transformation of Hawthorn in 2017 adds another chapter to the Clarkson Chronicles, and his ability to move players to different positions and get results is reminiscent of Kevin Sheedy at his creative best. There’s been Will Langford forward and James Sicily back, joining Sicily in defence is Jack Gunston. Had a horrid season as a forward and in the past three weeks has played 90 per cent of game-time in defence. Had a career-high 35 disposals, career-high 32 uncontested possessions and a career-high 536m gained against the Dockers. He wouldn’t be the first forward-cum-defender to say: How good is this?

9 CALE HOOKER

Like and dislike for the big fella. His final quarter, with the game up for grabs, saw him take four marks and kick four goals, and in today’s footy, that’s a BOG performance. Don’t know what was said or done between Hooker and Kangaroos youngster Daniel Nielson, and from afar it appeared Hooker wanted to humiliate his opponent. That’s OK, but rubbing an opponent’s head and hair and screaming into his face looked a little over the top.

10 IT’S TIME, STU

THE majestic MCG has served the game well this season, but it’s looking like it’s had an all-nighter on the town. It’s patchy and scratchy and needs replacement grass. MCC secretary Stu Fox is about to oversee his first finals series, and that means a surface upgrade should be coming soon.

WHAT I DISLIKE

1 GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY

What a ramshackle performance at the MCG on Sunday in a statement game. They kicked one goal in about two quarters before the rain really came and, after quarter-time, never looked like threatening. Too many young blokes didn’t handle the heat, and apart from Callan Ward and Phil Davis, the leaders didn’t stand up. That includes Steve Johnson and Toby Greene. There were questions about the Giants entering the game and there are even more now. Have they the game style and hard edge? Early season suggestions the Giants should be handed the premiership were hasty at the time and deadset ludicrous now.

2 OH TOBY

Can understand why he wants to fly the flag and not let the opposition stand over him or his teammates, but throwing a cheap left into the face of Alex Rance when the umpire is 1m away is stupid. Johnson had the pill after being knocked down by Rance and Greene got the free kick overturned. He is now in the hands of the MRP. The contact was low, but why run the risk of throwing a punch in the first place? He’s looking at two weeks, which is bonkers.

3 DALE MORRIS

The Dogs are about system, yet when an important cog of that system is lost, it takes a hit. With Dale Morris breaking his arm and his season in doubt, the club’s premiership chances nosedived. Someone will replace him, but the replacement won’t have his leadership, heart and competitiveness. We talk about pillars in football teams and Morris is Luke Beveridge’s defensive pillar. Reckon the Bulldogs won’t be a threat without Morris and it remains to be seen if he plays again. Sad times.

4 PORT ADELAIDE

Were labelled pretenders a month ago, which coach Ken Hinkley acknowledged. They teased us again before being sorted out by Melbourne at the MCG on Saturday. Kenny took positives from his team not laying down, which is fair enough, but he should also be furious about the first half. Lost contested ball and clearances and were too easy to play against. Against top eight teams they are 1-6. Against bottom-10 teams they are 9-1. That equates to being a flat-track bully.

5 IT’S NOT ALWAYS PRESSURE BASED, BUT ...

St Kilda was never really in the game for a host of reasons, but once again the Saints didn’t bring enough pressure and again they didn’t get the result they wanted. Their pressure factor was 174 against Sydney, which was low when you consider Alan Richardson lamented the inability to put pressure on Essendon the weekend before. It’s not always correct to correlate pressure and performance, but with St Kilda there is a link. When they have a pressure factor of 179-plus they have won six of seven matches. When they don’t reach 179, they have won three of 10. Their two games since the Richmond annihilation have been disappointing and Port Adelaide next week (away) looms as a finals decider.

6 PING FOR JOEY

St Kilda’s disappointing night was highlighted when Leigh Montagna tore his hamstring. Straightaway there were questions about whether he will play again this season — or again at all. Get the feeling Montagna and Nick Riewoldt are a package deal in discussions about them playing next year, and that’s unfair on Montagna because his season has been pretty consistent. It’s a nervy time for the pair, but they have to accept there’s more to life than playing football. They should speak to their great mate Nick Dal Santo, whose disappointment last year has been replaced by enthusiasm in the media.

7 STEVE MOTLOP

The finger is being pointed at Tom Hawkins, but he’s not the only one at Geelong down on form. Motlop might be a strong discussion at selection this week after another lacklustre game. Had 36 SuperCoach points against Adelaide and is averaging his fewest points in a season since 2012, his fewest disposals since 2013, fewest score involvements since 2012 and equal fewest goals since 2011. He kicked eight goals in the first four games of this season and nine in the next 13 games as a mid/forward. Ouch.

8 CHOKING EAGLES

Had the game when Elliot Yeo ran in for a simple shot at goal in the final quarter, but he missed and momentum changed. The Magpies took on the game, the Eagles played safe football and the Pies rode the wave. Gee whiz, the Eagles are disappointing. They tease and tantalise and then turn it up. Their past six matches read LWLWLW. They can’t be playing finals with that kind of performance fluctuation.

9 KURT TIPPETT

Kicked five goals in the NEAFL, and that’s still not going to get him a senior game for the Swans because Callum Sinclair kicked a career-high five goals and had 11 score involvements. His teammates must have thought he was better option than Buddy Franklin because they went to him 17 times inside 50 as opposed to Franklin, who was targeted just eight times. Sinclair over Franklin, who would have thought it?

45 minutes ago, ozzydom said:

Your humility is really touching Alex.:smile:

The Dee's on a roll big fella.....love the fact I've been able to pat myself on the back for the past 2 seasons as the only TV Fantasy premiership holder Oz....if i win it again.....well you wont not know about it will ya?...here we go here we go go here we goooooooooo....

ps dogie doo wont stop the Dee's jo....... i had a plan and so far so good....but the top 4 is as  tight as my old Chinese gf......its on the day and a whole lotta luck....i was in Hua His for season 1 Gf, i will be in BKK if i get there again....Thailand has been good to me...

• Like 1

Optad was unlucky not to beat me playing one short,but i'll take it getting home in the dying minutes of the last game.

(I traded out Sloane for Merritt which didn't help my cause.)

I'm sure Joboss was doing the same against Chooks.

It's a pity it's not top 8 for the finals play offs.

I wonder if Optad can get internet on his fishing trip to update his team.

Pressure is on you now Alex with an extra 2 trades up your sleeve but no cash gains this week.

Good luck to all this week. 

All i can say about the Madjak/Scott toodo is some coaches can speak softly and get the message across to some players and others need a rev.

Madjak seems to need a rev,after all he's not up in the stand trying to balance a pie tray anymore.:smile:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

Optad was unlucky not to beat me playing one short,but i'll take it getting home in the dying minutes of the last game.

(I traded out Sloane for Merritt which didn't help my cause.)

I'm sure Joboss was doing the same against Chooks.

It's a pity it's not top 8 for the finals play offs.

I wonder if Optad can get internet on his fishing trip to update his team.

Pressure is on you now Alex with an extra 2 trades up your sleeve but no cash gains this week.

Good luck to all this week. 

Cash gains is the least of my concerns I've still got $282,000 in the kitty with nothing worth to buy.......wow is me...

• Like 1

A scathing assessment of the Eagles was in one of the online news sites yesterday, i agree totally, Petrie and Mitchell were to close to the retirement home, sure you got some good games out of them WILL but it got you nowhere, Vardey to fill a hole was fine the other two took away the chance to blood some new young players i would say that the short sighted recruitment if those 2 in particular has set the Eagles back several years even bigger the question is the people who thought it was a good idea.

Eagles where not in the hunt for a flag after dropping off in 2016 at best a finals 8 team but not top 4, my prediction of a second half fall is looking like it will come to pass....

Lyon....old by coaching standards, is Longmire looking down the barrel of his coaching career? Malthouse was just awful after he left the Eagles, 10 plus years at the Pies for 1 flag more good luck than good planning...

Goodwin has rejuvenated the Dee's sure Roos did a fine job got us on track smartened the place up, Scott at the Cats at first too...even though i think senior players and coaches have a lot to offer and should get gigs its becoming more of a young mans game, coaches with new ideas new styles and game plans are all fresh new coaches....Mitchell at 34 was way to old to go somewhere else, how many years does a coach have? looks like 5 then there "out of ideas" Clarko? there are exceptions to the rule also helps when backroom staff are the best in the business...though the repercussions of last years trading by the Hawks isn't over yet...

The Dee's,, yes RIP I'm happy, 8 or 9 years of crap not just languishing total crap, some good metal in the team lot of hunger, if they can beat GWS and the Saints top 4 is doable, as we have seen many times over a team like the Dee's could easily make the prelim then get done over by a team like the Swans.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Cash gains is the least of my concerns I've still got $282,000 in the kitty with nothing worth to buy.......wow is me...

I spent up last night Mr Fj....a top quality defender i brought in an a change in my Midfield....only 8,000 left....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Will27 said:

I assume the article you're referring to was by Brendan Foster, who most people in WA recognize as an absolute <deleted>.

Having said that, he does make some valid claims.

A few points: Petrie is only playing because we've lost out first 2 ruckmen. The 3rd is Giles who has been given a go

and was terrible. Despite my earlier opinion on Petrie, he's been ok.

The WC board stuffed up by resigning Priddas. He's fallen off a cliff. I would prefer Mitchell in the side.

Vardy wasn't picked to fill a hole IMO. He's only 25 years of age and has missed a lot of footy. Has some upside I think.

We have just about the weakest midfield in the comp. Our number 1 recruit from last year Veneables hasn't been able to get on the track.

Partington should've been given a go by now also.

How WC let Sam Powell-Pepper go was a disgrace. Just what we were looking for, a hard bodied mid. He was in our own backyard and they

let him go to Port.

Two of our high pick trades in Redden and Jetta haven't worked out either.

Screams to sack a coach who in the last 2 years has taken us to a GF and 16 wins last year is laughable.

Having said that , it's time Simpson starts giving some of the kids a go. He keeps going back to the likes of Masten

and Butler. It's time for Priddis and Le Cras to go. Both should be replaced. They've been great but their time is up.

As far as Melbourne go, well, Goodwin might've rejuvenated the players as you've said.

But how many top ten players have you been able to get due to continually finishing near the bottom?

You've probably got 7 or 8 top 5 picks there.

You've suffered years of pain so I won't hold that against you:tongue:

Rant over.

Awwwww...even when we were a total basket case we were able to land the best on offer at the time even if they ended up in the sick bay for most of there time at the G...Clarke from the Lions was hot property when we got him  and the Pie Daws was on quite a fews shopping list as well...

We got plenty of draft picks very few are there now says a lot about the recruitment people of the time.....

The Eagle article was in news.com no idea who wrote it, I don't bother with that unless Caroline writes it then I just avoid.....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

I spent up last night Mr Fj....a top quality defender i brought in an a change in my Midfield....only 8,000 left....

This week i've taken a punt and changed out Wingard for Martin because of injury.

Instead of upgrading another i've decided to cash out an emergency for a better upgrade next week if i make it.(152K)

Which was hard to do with Zac Jones on tender hooks after a disaster last week.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, farmerjo said:

This week i've taken a punt and changed out Wingard for Martin because of injury.

Instead of upgrading another i've decided to cash out an emergency for a better upgrade next week if i make it.(152K)

Which was hard to do with Zac Jones on tender hooks after a disaster last week.

Lot of players going off the boil this year I noticed...even with much mula my score isnt much different from yours Gants or Oppie

• Like 1