Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

7 hours ago, Will27 said:

Don't hold back AlexRRR.

Tell us what you really think:tongue:

What i really think is ....he was a pure <deleted> of the highest order.....i DID NOT THINK HE HAD MUCH TALENT,   he most defiantly has a few screws loose a Jekle and Hyde....i hate his guts never liked him and i bet South Melbourne were more than happy he left to go to the Blues.

What he did to us that day and got away with it both he and Stewart in todays AFL would never have been allowed back onto a football ground. Were not talking about roughing up a few guys he went totally stark raving mad coming from behind with fists swinging playing the head not the ball....i still can see that day.....never can forget its one of the reasons i cant get over how Grinter was treated.

The one man band Brad Hardie has thrown Mark Thompson's name into the Pies coaching ring, and a good call.....He gets a bit ahead himself saying Buckley should be going the Suns way if Rocket cant hold his job...meanwhile Ms Caroline Wilson speculates Brad (is he the gay one?) Scott is pretty much primed to leave North since its pretty clear Dusty will stay at the Tigers and GWS Kelly has better offers on the table...Fj should be relived  to know that 8 years ago both North and the Tigers were keen to sign Bucks as there coach....

Hey jo.....a big nob at AFL house , an older man, married and very senior has had or is having an affair with a younger female colleague, should be all over the front page of the Sun in the moring WILL.....some discomfort in the office is reported considering the recent Ali affair...stay tuned for the juicy bits...

Johannisen wont be going back to WA he's firmly stuck out there at Western oval for the next 5 years, having an ordinary year still managed to get the Dogs to cough up 650 big ones a season, dont think the Eagles or the Dockers think he's worth that much...

Cats trying to get the last home and away game of the season moved to a monday night..... i would prefer a monday night game any day over a thursday night....its rubber balls when the AFL come out and say its not popular the fans will accept anything once its on, recall the original version of the nab cub? wed nights i think it use to be played....no one complained.....ever....

• Like 1

Jim Jess pre expansion days red head ok player forward kicked a few goals, that 1980 team came out of now where then went back to nowhere just as quick...

How does Bruce Doull get to be on Jims Vid? and yes we all recall that incident turned out she was a stripper looking for some free advertising...

Ps Dad Cloke, Malthouse good old Kev and maybe even Kev Sheedy were in the 1980- team...

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

The one man band Brad Hardie has thrown Mark Thompson's name into the Pies coaching ring, and a good call.....He gets a bit ahead himself saying Buckley should be going the Suns way if Rocket cant hold his job...meanwhile Ms Caroline Wilson speculates Brad (is he the gay one?) Scott is pretty much primed to leave North since its pretty clear Dusty will stay at the Tigers and GWS Kelly has better offers on the table...Fj should be relived  to know that 8 years ago both North and the Tigers were keen to sign Bucks as there coach....

Hey jo.....a big nob at AFL house , an older man, married and very senior has had or is having an affair with a younger female colleague, should be all over the front page of the Sun in the moring WILL.....some discomfort in the office is reported considering the recent Ali affair...stay tuned for the juicy bits...

Johannisen wont be going back to WA he's firmly stuck out there at Western oval for the next 5 years, having an ordinary year still managed to get the Dogs to cough up 650 big ones a season, dont think the Eagles or the Dockers think he's worth that much...

Cats trying to get the last home and away game of the season moved to a monday night..... i would prefer a monday night game any day over a thursday night....its rubber balls when the AFL come out and say its not popular the fans will accept anything once its on, recall the original version of the nab cub? wed nights i think it use to be played....no one complained.....ever....

Covered in The Age today, Caro gave them a serve.

• Like 1

A good article by Port's Tommy Jonas.

Players' Voice — Tom Jonas

At Simonds Stadium recently I conducted a stock standard post-match radio interview. Firstly, they introduced me as the son of North Melbourne and Central District great Peter Jonas. I’m not.

Secondly, they made note of our recent away trips and stated that going to Tasmania to play the Hawks the following week would be another tough one. I agree. It would have been. If it were true. It wasn’t. We were back at home in front of our beloved fans.

A week earlier two TV commentators were setting up for a regular pre-match interview with me, chatting away before the camera started rolling. Or at least they thought they were. However, I was still in the change rooms. The ‘Tom’ they were talking to was a somewhat confused Jack Hombsch. It was an honest mistake, but not an isolated one. These sorts of errors by the experts who cover our game are unfortunately far too common.

These inaccuracies aren’t confined to Port Adelaide, but they’re the ones I notice for obvious reasons. Nor are they confined to commentary teams, with print publications guilty of similar misinformation.

It was previously reported that Jackson Trengove played a vital pinch-hitting role in the ruck while Paddy Ryder was injured for parts of last year. Hmmm… I’m pretty sure injury wasn’t the reason he couldn’t lead our ruck. And how often do you see the best players in the paper on a Monday morning and notice the misspelling of a name? At least I don’t have to worry about that one!

I could go on but I think you get the point.

The AFL is part of the entertainment industry. What matters to the big boys at AFL house is getting bums on seats, television viewership and ultimately the bottom line. This is more than fair.

The recently completed CBA negotiations signified the playing group’s own interest in being partners in a thriving industry that fosters an equal, financially viable and most importantly, entertaining product for fans. The media forms an integral cog in the AFL machine.

It acts as a conduit between players, the clubs, the AFL and fans. The growth in media coverage is THE major reason our game is in such a strong position and players enjoy such a privileged lifestyle.

Not all of the coverage is serious and nor should it be. But a certain level of professionalism should be universal.

However, while players are rightly expected to perform in a professional manner on and off the field, the same standards don’t seem to apply to those who cover the game.

In today’s commentary circles it’s alright not to know the names of the players running around on a Saturday afternoon, provided of course you played a couple of hundred games of VFL/AFL footy and can have a bit of banter with the lads.

I love the theater and insight that these personalities bring to the telecast, as does the general public, but surely there must be some accountability.

These individuals achieved what they did because of hard work. Is half an hour of research before calling a game, sitting on a panel show or writing an article too much to ask?

It’s no coincidence that the likes of Dennis Cometti and Bruce McAvaney are among the best operators I’ve seen — just ask Bruce how much preparation he does before a Friday night call, and he’s loved for it!

Most of the errors are relatively harmless, I agree. And I get it, people make mistakes, but isn’t that what editors or producers are for?

To provide some perspective, when we make a gaffe(s) the commentary team usually pick up on it first. We might even get a mention in the worst on ground votes after the game. Then scrolling through Twitter or leafing through the paper on a Sunday you get to see what the footy experts and general public thought or didn’t think of your efforts.

Lastly, the coaching group take notice. They are our editors, charged with getting us to perform.

Many of you reading this might be thinking, ‘Stop complaining and play footy. You get paid well and live a great life because of the media coverage you get.’ I can’t argue with that, but the consumers of media deserve better, too.

Players, coaches, administrators and support staff are accountable for their words and actions, why shouldn’t the media be?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ron19 said:

Top reason why Perth really is the most dangerous city in the galaxy.

You can get crushed to death by stampeding Eagle’s fans during their ¾ time evacuation.

You could be on to something here Ron19.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3987914/worlds-most-dangerous-cities-revealed-from-drug-cartel-run-hellholes-to-war-ravaged-cities-where-headchopping-isis-fanatics-run-wild/

013F4132059B462AA98DBE65C4ED8EB0.jpg

A dark secret is lurking far from Australia's famous tourist hotspots.

Crystal meth abuse Down Under has turned rural areas in Western Australia into what have been dubbed “Ice Towns”.

The state’s largest city, Perth, sees its hospitals filled with addicts who commit crimes to fund their habit.

Western Australia is also reported to have the purest form of the drug leading to fears users could accidentally overdose.

So Walter White survived and moved to Perth?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

A dark secret is lurking far from Australia's famous tourist hotspots.

Crystal meth abuse Down Under has turned rural areas in Western Australia into what have been dubbed “Ice Towns”.

The state’s largest city, Perth, sees its hospitals filled with addicts who commit crimes to fund their habit.

Western Australia is also reported to have the purest form of the drug leading to fears users could accidentally overdose.

So Walter White survived and moved to Perth?

It seems so.

walterwhite.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Well the Bombers certainly gave the saints a touch up tonight.

Long road back for the Saints now.

1st up tomorrow the Kangas v Port,wishing Zurhaar all the best for his debut.Looks a talent but coming up against Port in Adelaide will be a tough ask.His best bet will be to be front and square to Madjak.:smile: 

8 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Well the Bombers certainly gave the saints a touch up tonight.

Long road back for the Saints now.

1st up tomorrow the Kangas v Port,wishing Zurhaar all the best for his debut.Looks a talent but coming up against Port in Adelaide will be a tough ask.His best bet will be to be front and square to Madjak.:smile: 

Don't understand the saints they had a good formula last week and then changed the team this week bringing in 2 debutants and only 1 forward.  ended up having to take Carlisle out of the back to put some height and someone to kick to up forward.

• Like 1

I think The Saints missed Paddy up forward Chook.   And don't backmen get nervy when Anthony McTipperary is lurking.  

Form and fortunes have been difficult to get a handle on this year.

Round 10:  Richmond 11.15 81 def. Essendon 10.6.66

Round 16: St. Kilda 21.12.138 def. Richmond 10.11.71

Round 17: Essendon 17.16.118 def. St. Kilda 7.15.57

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

Don't understand the saints they had a good formula last week and then changed the team this week bringing in 2 debutants and only 1 forward.  ended up having to take Carlisle out of the back to put some height and someone to kick to up forward.

Chooks, I thought you really missed Membrey and Tom Hickey had a shocker.

At least Cornes didn't tweet "you were getting ahead of yourselves".

• Like 2

Well Alex I will now concede that the Swans will make the finals. I  am glad that you had faith earlier in the season that they would be there in September.

I noticed that your faith waned today.

Can they make the top 4????????

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

Check your tips on the tipping  website. I tipped Adelaide but was marked with a red X. View tips show I did. I have sent a "friendly" email to the Indians        '

And the Indian teenage software team has spent hours coding algorithmic sub routines based on AFL umpires decision making rhythms’.

Unfortunately it doesn’t relate to tipping.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Well Alex I will now concede that the Swans will make the finals. I  am glad that you had faith earlier in the season that they would be there in September.

I noticed that your faith waned today.

Can they make the top 4????????

They Can young man.....they can easily...

• Like 2

Fantasy half time report....

Joseph 1220 Rip 1422...The Cottelsow kid will keep young Rip honest today this game will go down to the wire the improving Boss might even take it off and get off the bottom of the ladder for the first time since god knows when....

Fj 1755 Chooks 1545...Not in the bag Fj, the biggest fright your going to get to day,  a brave man would call this now...a brave man i am not....upset looming....

Gaz 1415  Dee's 1566...the Dee train will kick into gear and come a rolling down the hill....here come the train here come the train....loaded up with Aces will pull away from the Gaz machine that started the season so well....

Grant 1758  Optus 1726...in the match of the round...oooooooooo Oppie to go down again? the wheelie bin is a rockin.....the CHOOKWOBBLES have arrived at Windy Hill....bit of luck and Optus can do a Lazurus then again he my lay dead at your feet.....Ahh the live ladder will put me on top....where i belong, a win over Rip by Jo could elevate him all the way to 7th....and a loss by Fj and a win by rip will leave Rip outside the 4 on %.....exciting times for the last round next week...

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

No sweat Alex,should do Chooks in a canter:smile:barring an injury early.

Got to try and break even with GS percentage wise,could be a big difference finishing 3rd or 4th come finals.

shuuuuuu not to loud...officer dibbles is touchy on this subject....have to talk him up you know....i dont live to far from him and the last thing i need is...well you know....you wont get the % boost even if you win dibbles is going to keep you honest today isaan farmer...

The "relos" and there a lot of them down at Moorabbin or is it Seaford now? you know the Steele's gang...well they were all wrong no one wants to go there, Fyth resigned, Martin will resign also...the flashy Saints who got done like a dinner and were going to be 4th this week or was it last week well there down there somewhere below the Dee's looking like a jack in the box...pop up from time to time then close the lid firmly behind them...looked like an ordinary team again friday night....even the Eagles are better.....

• Like 2