Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

26 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Membrey was awarded the mark and the rules are you have to give it straight  to the player awarded.  Logie threw it away from Membrey in Saint Nicks direction hence the 50 metres to Membrey.  Logue knows the rules and was stupid, umpire acted accordingly.  

http://www.saints.com.au/video/2017-07-02/roo-sucks-them-in-for-a-50m-penalty

Umpire Deboy was captured on the broadcast instructing Logue to pass the ball "to Tim Membrey, please", before paying a 50m penalty when it failed to reach its intended target.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-03/some-wouldnt-have-liked-it-riewoldt-on-50m

I agree it's the rule.

What i can't work out is how he had not called time off with 11 players standing within about a 5 metre radius at the time.

So  the shot clock must of been running  while trying to clear the area or it's time off and how can you get penalised for time wasting if the clocks not ticking.

The AFL is facing mounting pressure to take action against one of the code’s senior officials for a king hit on a father during a local footy match.

Just one week after giving Richmond's Bachar Houli a reference for his AFL tribunal case, Ali Fahour was caught on video knocking out opponent Dale Saddlington during a match on the weekend.

Fahour, the League's diversity manager, made a tearful apology for his on-field hit and will face a tribunal hearing on Wednesday night over the incident.

However critics are now saying that’s not enough and Fahour should quit or be stripped of his high profile AFL position.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/07/04/08/49/tony-jones-afl-must-act-swiftly-on-ali-fahour-coward-punch?ocid=9newsmfb

When mountain man went down early in the year a lot though the Dee's would struggle, history shows they didn't though father time has caught up with the club now, Viney had an operation on his foot this week and wont be back till sometime august, Jones a Dee prime mover is looking at 4 more weeks unheralded yet solid mid in Tyson is facing a spell on the sidelines...no word on Watts and his hamstring or Hogan's return only scooter Jeff might be back soon...

Some naughty boys will be back with Casey soon and interestingly were pumped on the weekend...looks like the wheelie bin wheels are falling off so who's the next flavor of the month?  Saints? Eagles?......must the the Lions...yes my other second team..i have 5 second teams....or is it 6...or 7....must keep the chaps happy...

Bugg to go down like a sack of spuds tonight....hes only a lightweight sort of lad..Dee's will sew up is mouth and take his MacBook pro and iPhone off of him till seasons end...The Dee's to send him to Fj's farm to do some hard yakka, that hairstyle of his will be somewhat interesting to the village girls up there they wont know how to take the confident brash kid...

• Like 2

What's the story on the tipping table?
Is there still a problem?
I seem to have moved up the ladder so I suppose I should enjoy it while it lasts. :whistling:

The site has been have issues all season long, kinda makes you wonder you know ricket ship to Pluto probe on mars yet 200,000 people can't get into a website for the last 12 weeks...

I blame the North Koreans for this it's cyber attack because we support the Americans...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

What's the story on the tipping table?

Is there still a problem?

I seem to have moved up the ladder so I suppose I should enjoy it while it lasts. :whistling:

There was a problem. They did not add a point for those who tipped St Kilda. Is now up to date and you were round 15 winning tipster.

Congratulations on the red writing under your name.

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 1

Totally missed the Global Moderators notation under his avatar.   Now our little sub-forum has two gestapos to ensure compliance of Thai Visa's ten commandments. :passifier:   Actually, well done sir.

Instead of asking a silly question, I decided to utilize my vast online research skills for the truth.   Here 'tis.

http://dictionary.sensagent.com/sceadugenga/en-en/

The Sceadugengan (Singular: Sceadugenga), or "shadow-goer", are fantastical beasts which are neither living nor dead, and which can shape-shift. They dwell in the forests of England. The first element of the name is from Old English sceaduwe  (shadow)[1] and the second elements is likely to be from Old English gong (a going or journey)[2] or Old English gan (to go).[3]

The Sceadugenga are mentioned in Beowulf and form part of a sub plot in The Saxon Stories series by Bernard Cornwell

Edited by Radar501
  • Like 2

Bugg squashed for 6 weeks for his KO of Mills... 6 seemed to be the consensus around the footy world... Given the hype it received straight after Bacher Houli the week before, I was expecting the AFL to be wanting to set an example...

Can't see the AFL appealing this one though...

Edited by GrantSmith
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Totally missed the Global Moderators notation under his avatar.   Now our little sub-forum has two gestapos to ensure compliance of Thai Visa's ten commandments. :passifier:   Actually, well done sir.

Instead of asking a silly question, I decided to utilize my vast online research skills for the truth.   Here 'tis.

The Sceadugengan (Singular: Sceadugenga), or "shadow-goer", are fantastical beasts which are neither living nor dead, and which can shape-shift. They dwell in the forests of England. The first element of the name is from Old English sceaduwe  (shadow)[1] and the second elements is likely to be from Old English gong (a going or journey)[2] or Old English gan (to go).[3]

The Sceadugenga are mentioned in Beowulf and form part of a sub plot in The Saxon Stories series by Bernard Cornwell

Might pay you to pay more attention to your tipping seems your "Tumbling Dice" there Radar....but good pick up the need to brown nose the right people in here is paramount.....

On a better note Will is 6 behind me and I'm just 3 off the leader....Ozz will "Tumble" since he uses emotion to pick his teams its a poison chalice when you lead early......

F*** apple and auto correct.....

I wanted to write Apple an email last night....bas****s took away the option to delete all you pics quickly on ur phone etc...one at a time now...thats a lot of time wasted....you recon i could find customer support email address? wouldn't even let me sign up in there support site.....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

6 weeks and hung out to dry by his own advocate.:smile:

The process speaks volumes for the PC world most people live in today.

The AFL wanting 4 to 7 on the potential risk.

The Dees wanting 5 on remorse and compassion and early plea.

The chairman one minute saying ignore the media and make sure a week comes off to do we make an example of him.

He would of been better off pleading not guilty saying it was reactionary from the Mills bump and was aiming for the shoulder.

Made the medical reports either state available or not for this week.

At least it might of made the jury think a bit and the penalty certainly wouldn't have been any worse.

Wonder if there will be any changes to his mural.

Edited by farmerjo

31 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Might pay you to pay more attention to your tipping seems your "Tumbling Dice" there Radar....but good pick up the need to brown nose the right people in here is paramount.....

On a better note Will is 6 behind me and I'm just 3 off the leader....Ozz will "Tumble" since he uses emotion to pick his teams its a poison chalice when you lead early......

F*** apple and auto correct.....

I wanted to write Apple an email last night....bas****s took away the option to delete all you pics quickly on ur phone etc...one at a time now...thats a lot of time wasted....you recon i could find customer support email address? wouldn't even let me sign up in there support site.....

You must have been filtered to the “serial pest” folder,,

Edited by joboss
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, joboss said:

You must have been filtered to the “serial pest” folder,,

Was going to be my first complaint to Apple Jo, think when they asked in support for a username the first one i tried was pissedoff might have done the trick...said it was already taken so i tried imsickofthis and that didn't work either and so on.....

I just wanted to let them know how stupid it was to take away the ability to delete pics off your phone with one swoop...or in the cloud as well...anyway it was a frustrating night last night Jo....i also hate how everything goes into your photos on a mac...i like the way windows allows you to set it up...easy to move around and save to a hard drive...anyway i recalled that i could delete a lot of picks quickly in windows from my phone so smarter than Ben Hur i jumped on the old rusty I7 6 year old laptop i only use to play Fifa Manger these days and did the deed as well as saving to a file....BUT.......i forgot i had turned off saving to the cloud on my phone....(if on all the pics in clould/phone/mac and tablet would have dissapered) SO.....with an empty phone i switched it on all my pics miraculously appeared on my phone once more....pluged it back in to the I7 laptop and guess what? ....windows did not recognise the deleted pics where back in the god dam phone....620 pics.....you have any idea how long it takes to delete 620 pics one by one?

I had issues with The app store at the start of the season  when i went to check on my AFL live pass it was giving all sorts of incorrect dates etc, some how i was able to email apple support did you think i ever got a reply? 

What Buggs me about Apple updates they change things....they do it often ....its becoming very annoying....that MacBook Air i was considering might be a surface pro instead but i hate windows 10....what to do what to do...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Was going to be my first complaint to Apple Jo, think when they asked in support for a username the first one i tried was pissedoff might have done the trick...said it was already taken so i tried imsickofthis and that didn't work either and so on.....

I just wanted to let them know how stupid it was to take away the ability to delete pics off your phone with one swoop...or in the cloud as well...anyway it was a frustrating night last night Jo....i also hate how everything goes into your photos on a mac...i like the way windows allows you to set it up...easy to move around and save to a hard drive...anyway i recalled that i could delete a lot of picks quickly in windows from my phone so smarter than Ben Hur i jumped on the old rusty I7 6 year old laptop i only use to play Fifa Manger these days and did the deed as well as saving to a file....BUT.......i forgot i had turned off saving to the cloud on my phone....(if on all the pics in clould/phone/mac and tablet would have dissapered) SO.....with an empty phone i switched it on all my pics miraculously appeared on my phone once more....pluged it back in to the I7 laptop and guess what? ....windows did not recognise the deleted pics where back in the god dam phone....620 pics.....you have any idea how long it takes to delete 620 pics one by one?

I had issues with The app store at the start of the season  when i went to check on my AFL live pass it was giving all sorts of incorrect dates etc, some how i was able to email apple support did you think i ever got a reply? 

What Buggs me about Apple updates they change things....they do it often ....its becoming very annoying....that MacBook Air i was considering might be a surface pro instead but i hate windows 10....what to do what to do...

And I have an issue keeping my work boots clean?

• Like 1

But my dad wanted to send me to Assumption @ Kilmore....its a boarding school and quite a few good footballers came out of there, i dug my heels in thank god sit was i was scared after 4 ys at Marist Bros....Can you imagine living with the Brothers?

1 minute ago, AlexRRR said:

But my dad wanted to send me to Assumption @ Kilmore....its a boarding school and quite a few good footballers came out of there, i dug my heels in thank god sit was i was scared after 4 ys at Marist Bros....Can you imagine living with the Brothers?

can imagine living next to a footy field,  A bus that goes to the back beach whenever its a hot afternoon, a kitchen that you could earn extra helpings of tucker and sweets by helping with the washing up, one of the teachers is your footy coach, of  course this was the days when two boys could punch and wrestle out their differences down behind the gardeners shed to a appreciative audience of peers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Oops... the cat's out of the bag now @sceadugenga

Wait till your home forum finds out... :laugh:

7 hours ago, Radar501 said:

I've always been a fan of Cornwell's books, you should catch the TV series based on his Saxon series, second series just ended.

Plenty of swords, blood and boobs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Kingdom_(TV_series)

• Like 1

The former player is thought to be Jake King.

Hawthorn’s Tyrone Vickery at centre of Victoria Police investigation

HAWTHORN’s Tyrone Vickery and a former AFL player are at the centre of a police probe.

Police have confirmed a 33-year-old Thornbury man and a 27-year-old Wheelers Hill man were arrested on Wednesday afternoon following an investigation into extortion and threats.

Search warrants have been executed in Wheelers Hill, South Melbourne and Thornbury. The investigation is ongoing.

“Hawthorn Football Club is aware that Ty Vickery is assisting police in an investigation,” the Hawks said in a statement.

“As the matter is under investigation the club will not be making further comment at this time.”

Vickery moved from Richmond to Hawthorn at the end of the 2016 season. The 27-year-old signed a two-year deal worth around $1 million.

The Herald Sun reports the men were arrested in Clarendon Street, South Melbourne, outside tattoo parlour City of Ink. The parlour is owned by Jake King and jailed underworld figure Toby Mitchell.

• Like 1