Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

14 hours ago, Ron19 said:

That was the deaf and dumb schoolnup on the hill facing the railway line. Not far from Joes place.emoji15.png

Sent from my iris 755 using Tapatalk

WA Institute for Deaf Education.

Very nice patch of real estate on Gibney St.

lat -32.009329;  lon 115.755008.

Hard to believe that the past and present greedy State governments have not tried to flog it off.

Fantasy Round Up......

Jo 1816 stumbles at the last hurdle  to Fj 2131....the almighty scare was thrown into the folks up on the ranch...fancy the Cottleslow kid actually been cheeky enough to show up let alone be in front most of the game.....The Mrs Thai has your Tomsum on the stove Fj no humble pad thai tonight......were going 90's hits and Fj is "Grove is in the Heart"  by Deee-Lite the artist not the song to escape with this one...

Gaz 1747 Rip 1749...Chinese eyes here.....her name was Chistina jo.....use to meow like a pussy cat when making love....Rip pulled it off just...great game from the boys.....the song for this game is Ooh Aah (just a little bit) by Gina G....

Grant 2142 Chooks 1879, the honourable officer kept Grant honest just not enough talent in the line up Mr Chooks....The song for this game is "Break me Shake me" by Sound Garden.

And in the Match of the round Optus goes down for the first time 1933 to the Dee's 2089, the song for this game is the reggae hip hop "Boom Shack-A-Lak" by Apache Indian.......

The Ladder.....Remains the Same by Led Zeppelin.....Your still stone motherless last Jo and FJ is glued to 4th for ever...and ever....and ever.....

Next weeks Preview and only 2 games to go.....done in 70's hits...

JoBoss vs Rips Swans...the song for this round is....I Aint no Fortunate Son...CCR...one of these guys will be licking there lips and the other the winners boots....evenly matched the kid from cottleslow isn't a push over anymore but its time to get some points kid....

Fj vs CM Saints...the song for this round is "Mama Mia" by Abba...yes officer it will be mama mia for you sunday night....

DikyDots vs BS Dees, the song for this game is "The Loco-Motion" by Grand Funk railway....here comes the train....the tough Dee's to beat the Dots up and run right over....

Grants Apples vs Optus Bombers....match of the round and the song for this game is the funky "Get it on" T Rex....died so young made some great music....Can Grant inflict a second loss? can Optus recover? has the slide begun? Stay tuned for next weeks results....

• Like 2

Do you mean "Savage Garden" Alex.

"Break me shake me hate me
Take me over
When the madness stops then you
Will be alone"

Haha!   with that head full of gremlins Alex, you will never be alone.

• Like 2

Take me over
Will be alone"

Ahhh I'm more into the Latin stuff fella I went missing after punk and came back with the cool Manchester sound of the 90's.... 80's was a wasteland so was pop ever since..IMG_1954.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

46 minutes ago, joboss said:

Take me over
Will be alone"

By the way there is a band called Sound garden its Soundgarden....http://www.soundgardenworld.com simple mistake ...im not into pop young man always have had alternative tastes in my music....Gooooooo Deeeee's

ps did Oz pick the Dee's today?  i did say the lineup look good on paper WILL....

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Gaz 1747 Rip 1749...Chinese eyes here.....her name was Chistina jo.....use to meow like a pussy cat when making love....Rip pulled it off just...great game from the boys.....the song for this game is Ooh Aah (just a little bit) by Gina G....

Lucky that Ryder kicked the last  goal of the game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Grant 2142 Chooks 1879, the honourable officer kept Grant honest just not enough talent in the line up Mr Chooks....The song for this game is "Break me Shake me" by Sound Garden.

Grants Apples vs Optus Bombers....match of the round and the song for this game is the funky "Get it on" T Rex....died so young made some great music....Can Grant inflict a second loss? can Optus recover? has the slide begun? Stay tuned for next weeks results....

One of my better scores this year with 2 guns on the sideline and no emergencies to pick up their slack, fortunately it wasn't a wasted opportunity.

Nice win by the way there Mr Alex, still, I'll need to make a few tweaks and with a nice little war chest created thanks to a handy little pick up and trade, I'll hopefully be able to take it up to the big dance..

• Like 1

The Tackle: Mark Robinson reveals his likes and dislikes from a huge Round 16

WHAT I LIKE

1 SEB ROSS

Ask Alan Richardson about Seb Ross and he says, in his understated way, Seb’s a good player. Seb’s far better than that. There’s a gazillion stats to show how dominant St Kilda was in the first half, and there was one player who underlined all of it. Ross’s first half would be one of the best played this year, and that includes efforts from Patrick Dangerfield, Dustin Martin and Michael Walters. He had 110 ranking points, 19 disposals, seven contested possessions, four inside-50s, six score involvements and one goal. Since Round 4, Ross has had 36 possessions, 33, 32, 31, 31, 37, 30, 39, 32, 22 (what happened in that game?), 34, and on Saturday night 33.

2 ST KILDA

The Saints’ first half was extraordinary, with +106 disposals, +29 contested possessions, +75 uncontested possessions and +29 inside-50s. They also scored 57 points from turnovers. Feel sorry for the coaches judging their 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 votes. The game was over at the main break.

Just behind Ross, who must be considered for All-Australian selection, was skipper Jarryn Geary, who had as much impact across halfback as any other player.

3 WELCOME BACK, NATHAN AND HELLO RYAN NYHUIS

Talk about a first half. Nat Fyfe on Sunday displayed all the qualities that made him the No. 1 player in 2015. He had 23 disposals and seven clearances in the first half. The fumbling and sloppiness was gone, his ability to find the ball at stoppages was back, and he was cracking in as if his body and mind was free of demons. North’s Sam Gibson curtailed him in the third quarter, but still there were important touches. Rookie draftee Nyhuis had eight kicks and kicked four goals on debut, giving fans as much excitement as Fyfe.

4 ALASTAIR CLARKSON

You can judge Nathan Buckley against other coaches such as Luke Beveridge, Alan Richardson, Simon Goodwin and even Don Pyke, who have their teams moving in a northerly direction, and Buckley stacks up unfavourably. But judge him against Clarkson, whose team was on its knees when it was 1-5 after six rounds, and it’s stark to see what Clarkson has done with the Hawks and what Buckley has done with the Pies. Clarkson has turned his team around in nine weeks and could play finals. In the past six weeks Hawthorn has beaten Sydney, Adelaide and Collingwood, and drew with Greater Western Sydney on Saturday. The bloke is a giant of coaching.

5 CHARACTER

Carlton and Melbourne put on a stunner at the MCG on Sunday. And while the Blues lost, their performance was one of substance with only two players on the bench after halftime following injuries to Patrick Cripps and Simon White. But spoils to the winners. Melbourne has several injuries to key players and was challenged several times by the Blues. But Jake Melksham still kicked the go-ahead goal. The key play, however, was Neville Jetta v Kade Simpson in the final minute on the wing, which was won by Jetta. Cue calls to radio on Monday from Demons fans wanting to know why Jetta isn’t in All-Australian discussion.

6 JAMES KELLY

He would love to play against Collingwood for a living. In both matches against the Pies this year Kelly has been among the best five players on the ground. Saturday’s effort — season highs for ranking points (107), disposals (32), intercept possessions (eight), tackles (seven) and contested possessions (11) — might not only be his best game this year, but his best game for the Bombers. That said, calls for Kelly, who will be 34 in December, to play again next season are premature. Kelly is averaging his fewest disposals since 2008 and fewest ranking points since 2006. Still, a declining Kelly might be a better bet than an inexperienced player.

7 BIG JOHNNY

Outside of Lance ‘Buddy’ Franklin, Jonathon Patton is the in-form key forward in the game. In his past three weeks, he has kicked 13 goals and taken 13 marks inside 50. While he is flying up one end, the Giants are ordinary up the other. The Hawks ripped them apart from the back half and the Giants are ranked 16th for allowing opposition sides to take the ball from defence into attack. This will be a major problem in finals if it continues.

8 DAYNE ZORKO

The Lion was just the 22nd player since 1999 to record 35-plus disposals and four-plus goals. He was so significant in Saturday night’s game that he might be a rare player awarded three Brownlow Medal votes in a team that lost by 85 points. Patrick Dangerfield was outstanding, which we’ve come to expect, but Zorko was the best player at the Gabba. Can’t wait for Brownlow night to see how much umpires rank players in losing sides.

9 AND WHAT OF THE CATS?

This was a blitz, with quarter hauls of five, 10, five and five goals. It was a punishing display from a team soaring to a top-four finish. The Cats are the No. 1 contested footy side in the competition and they brutalised the Brisbane Lions in that area (+42 contested possessions). They punished Brisbane on turnovers (scoring 102 points) and too easily took the ball from the back half to their forward half, scoring 38 points from chains starting in the defensive 50. The second quarter was like the Cats were playing witches’ hats. The other three quarters looked like circle work, which was disappointing for the Lions after last week’s result. Without Zorko, it would’ve been 115 points.

10 SCG WITCHES HATS

This was scary from the Swans and while Gary Rohan has this sort of performance in him, the Swans will continue to play him beside Buddy Franklin. Rohan is a burst player who rarely gets more than 14 touches a game. He had 16 against the Suns but in them came a career-high five goals and 12 of his 16 disposals lead to a Swans score.

WHAT I DISLIKE

1 DAMIEN HARDWICK

All Kane Cornes said was the Tigers got ahead of themselves, and Damien Hardwick bit back. It was an off-night for the Tigers and they deserved scrutiny, notwithstanding their terrific season to date. What else could be said of the Tigers on Saturday? Second to the ball, turnovers and outnumbered at contests. The Saints won the loose ball, their midfield smashed Richmond, the Saints were withering in defence, and there was a complete breakdown of the Tigers’ structure. Richmond’s leaders were undisciplined early, led by Trent Cotchin’s punch to the guts of Jack Lonie. Cornes didn’t say much, and the response suggests this is personal for Hardwick. “I would love to see Kane. I would love to see Kane, I’d really love to see Kane,”’ Hardwick said. Hopefully, it would have been only for a chat.

2 DION PRESTIA

Poor night from the prized recruit and a poor season from the prized recruit on major dollars at Punt Road. Yes, there’s acclimatisation for any player at a new club, but let’s dispense with the excuses. No such problem for Tom Mitchell at Hawthorn. Or a host of first-year players such as Sam Powell-Pepper. Or Michael Hibberd after 12 months suspended. Winning games covers cracks and Prestia has been a crack this season. The upside is if he can find consistency and urgency, the Tigers will only get better.

3 LAST WEEK TOM, THIS WEEK TODD

A strange game from Todd Goldstein. Didn’t have a disposal in the first quarter; recovered to be, with Ben Cunnington, North Melbourne’s most influential player in the next three quarters, before he blew the game when he missed a set shot from 20m in the final minute. It was crushing for him, just as it was for Geelong’s Tom Hawkins the week before. It’s a horrible thing for the Kangas, who play pretty good footy but just can’t win the close games.

4 SO, WHOSE FAULT IS IT?

Channel 7’s stats guru Joshua Kay posted on Twitter on Sunday: “Brad Scott now 2-16 in games decided by 4 points or less.’’ They are staggering numbers and maybe we need professional help via a psychologist to tell us why North Melbourne can’t get it done in close games. Can it be Scott’s fault or is he and his team desperately unlucky? Clearly, Goldstein let the coach and team down on Sunday at the death, but Luke McDonald also missed a gettable goal in the final quarter, as did Ben Brown. Is that Scott’s fault? Maybe the players don’t like responsibility. Maybe they choke. Maybe it is mental. Who knows, but whatever it is, it is wrecking what could have been an impressive season. The worst stat, mind you, is North has won just seven games from its past 29.

5 TIM MEMBREY

The Saint has been sensational in his past five quarters. He was the game winner against Fremantle the week before and kicked five goals against Richmond on Saturday night. It’s a shame he will miss at least two weeks for a clumsy, yet dangerous elbow to the cheekbone of Dylan Grimes. He was in the air when contact was made, and maybe he was protecting himself from contact, but it was ugly.

6 FRIDAY NIGHT HYSTERICS

Do most people think Adelaide’s Taylor Walker will be suspended for applying a shepherd on Jason Johannisen, who then unluckily crashed into the goalpost? A couple of commentators think he has a case to answer. I disagree. You can’t be suspended for accidents. As for Walker, he was aggressive against the Bulldogs, which is exactly how he should play. He’s had a serviceable season. But after watching him on Friday night, when he played his best game since Round 6 (Richmond), Walker at his best is the most influential player at the Crows.

7 WESTERN BULLDOGS

Where do you start? They improved around clearances, but ball use in their back half cost them, giving up eight goals from defensive-half turnovers. Up the other end, it continues to be a dysfunctional family. They got away with it last year because their midfield was so dominant. But five goals from 54 inside-50 entries against the Crows was pathetic, and you wondered why they kept bombing the ball to Jake Lever and Jake Kelly. It’s time to name names at the Bulldogs, and while Jake Stringer has worn his share of criticism, Luke Dahlhaus in the past two weeks, Easton Wood for much of the season, Caleb Daniel and Liam Picken have to find some form. The other stuff — variables, coach Luke Beveridge called them — is proving even more elusive.

8 THE COST OF CLANGERS

In further assessment on Sunday, Collingwood’s turnovers weren’t the major issue — which might surprise many at the MCG on Saturday. Instead, it was what the Bombers did with those turnovers. Collingwood recorded its third-fewest kick clangers with 16 (its season average is 21.7). The Pies committed just 18 defensive-half turnovers, but were punished with Essendon kicking 44 points. The high-risk, high-reward Bombers committed 28 defensive-half turnovers, but Collingwood could only score 27 points from them. A combination of good defensive recovery and poor shooting at goal.

9 WORRIES AT THE SUNS

Another game, another insipid performance, and just when you started having faith in Rodney Eade’s mob. Ten goals to just four points across the middle two quarters and two goals after quarter-time was pitiful football even against the in-form team of the competition. As the season plays out, can’t forget what chief executive Mark Evans said midyear. It’s about the fight, it’s about competing, he said in what a policy statement. Unfortunately for Eade, this wasn’t even close to competing and that spells trouble.

10 KEEP IT ON THE FIELD

Not wise, Clayton Oliver, to invest yourself with fans over the fence. No winners there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrantSmith said:

Why not? I thought it was better than his twitter spat with Damien Martyn. Punter threw a few verbal barbs and Clayton went back at him, so long as there was nothing that went over the top like Oliver insulting the punter for being anything other than a Blues fan it should be allowed. 

I thought the look on the punter's face was golden...

http://www.theage.com.au/video/video-sport/video-afl-real-footy/clayton-oliver-has-words-with-fan-20170709-4vxoa.html

The media are hunting for Oliver and ready to take him to the cleaners.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

Why not? I thought it was better than his twitter spat with Damien Martyn. Punter threw a few verbal barbs and Clayton went back at him, so long as there was nothing that went over the top like Oliver insulting the punter for being anything other than a Blues fan it should be allowed. 

http://www.theage.com.au/video/video-sport/video-afl-real-footy/clayton-oliver-has-words-with-fan-20170709-4vxoa.html

This is how it's done Clayton Oliver.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aDMlxoUhPSo

2 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

I think as a professional sportsman, you've got to be better than that.

All you need is for one moron to jump the fence and it could end up being disastrous.

Happens all day long.

You can't win by engaging them.

390387_966c33d067f33bc8d90bebabdfa6a0b5.jpg

• Like 1

This is the type of crap that happens when you deal with morons.

He made contact with the player, abuses him and ends up getting an apology.

Carlton member Rob Acquaro accepts apology from Melbourne over Clayton Oliver incident

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/carlton-member-rob-acquaro-wants-apology-from-melbourne-over-clayton-oliver-incident-20170710-gx8100.html

• Like 2

Until the mid 80's, fans would straddle the fence near the end of a game and then run onto the ground as soon as the final siren went.  The AFL banned the practice after a few incidents where umpires' and players' safety was compromised. 

As a young copper at Carlton Police Station, by request I regularly worked at Princes Park for Carlton and Hawthorn home games.   I was a good runner, so  I always got the job of umpires' minder.   I had to sprint like Usain Bolt to reach the umps before the crowd did when the buzzer sounded.  

These days, its private security gorillas who control pitch incursions.    Could you imagine in 2017 if disgruntled supporters were allowed to mob around the likes of Clayton Oliver post-game, even if he had a close personal protection team?  Dangerous stuff.  Times and society have changed.

Edited by Radar501
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

The media are hunting for Oliver and ready to take him to the cleaners.

You obviously havent noticed media in general is facing stiff competion from streaming companys  news papers and tv stations are in decline there clutching at straws and turning to sensational type news ala tinsel town garbage, they will try and take it a mile when its only 2 meters long....i saw the incident, young sweet Oliver is inexperienced and should not have tangled with the Blue supporter...i did notice the spectator and the look on his face and the fact he seemed very uneducated and a moron, so far i havent heard that he wants to take it anywhere, the struggling news agency and TV want to...

Lets put it into perspective....the supporter baited him to start with the kid replied thats how he plays his game....they were just words....the Dee's have taken him aside and addressed it already you can be sure..its a storm in a tea cup...i would have liked to see that moron thrown out of the ground he is at least twice Olivers age and should know better.

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Carlton member Rob Acquaro accepts apology from Melbourne over Clayton Oliver incident

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/carlton-member-rob-acquaro-wants-apology-from-melbourne-over-clayton-oliver-incident-20170710-gx8100.html

Yeah well...Oliver had to back track as he is the one on tv every week...that dope got his 5 seconds of fame...i mean who damn cares? really would i expect an apology if i called David Reece Jones a dick hear back in the day when he single handed went around head hunting the entire melbourne team at the G and only coped 2 weeks suspension? Even Ian Stewart there Coach on the day should have been taken to task for leaving the words escape me on the ground...he i could have verbally bashed ....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Wonder what the outcome would've been if Oliver was indigenous.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Radar501 said:

David Rhys-Jones.   42 appearances before the tribunal.   25 as the villain  and 17 as the victim.

"I didn't plan on going out on Monday nights"

Im not going to bother watching his excuses....he was an out an out dick head of the highest order, how he got away with it i dont know...someone like Grinter who played hard and fair most of the time was made a scape goat but this prick got away with blue murder, i wont ever forget the day at the G where this moron single handedly beat up the Demons and i dont think got rubbed out for it but took one of our guys down...head hunting all day long started fight after fight even that transvestite Ian Stewart ass he is allowed it to happen...that day wasn't an ordinary day Jones defenitly was off his rocker like is he bi polar? And to top it off he wasn't a great player either just above average, nope he still pisses me off when i see him...he still looks like the ass that played AFL in the 80's and 90's.

Ps....Jones makes the Saints Muir look like a Saint...the difference might be Muir faced race issues wheres Jones just had no brains not one tiny one to to match up with another tiny one...nothing at all...

Edited by AlexRRR

56 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Im not going to bother watching his excuses....he was an out an out dick head of the highest order, how he got away with it i dont know...someone like Grinter who played hard and fair most of the time was made a scape goat but this prick got away with blue murder, i wont ever forget the day at the G where this moron single handedly beat up the Demons and i dont think got rubbed out for it but took one of our guys down...head hunting all day long started fight after fight even that transvestite Ian Stewart ass he is allowed it to happen...that day wasn't an ordinary day Jones defenitly was off his rocker like is he bi polar? And to top it off he wasn't a great player either just above average, nope he still pisses me off when i see him...he still looks like the ass that played AFL in the 80's and 90's.

Ps....Jones makes the Saints Muir look like a Saint...the difference might be Muir faced race issues wheres Jones just had no brains not one tiny one to to match up with another tiny one...nothing at all...

Don't hold back AlexRRR.

Tell us what you really think:tongue:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

I used to be a Blue Bagger before the Eagles came into the comp.

I remember his as being highly skilled but a loose cannot.

I still remember the job he did on Brereton in the 87 GF.

5 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Im not going to bother watching his excuses......

If you did bother watching, you would know now that DRJ never offered any excuses.   He fully admitted to chronic white line fever, and what happened on the field stayed on the field.   

DRJ knew a square up was coming his way after he wacked Dennis Banks in a game one day.   That square up did come, courtesy of a king hit from Banks, and DRJ stretchered off the ground.    I understand the two of them met up for a beer a few days later.

I hated the man at South Melbourne, but loved him at Carlton.    Those strong colourful personalities from the 70's and 80's are relics of the past and sadly missing from  the politically correct sanitised game of today. 

When he was a toddler, I bet Rhys had plenty of territorial spats playing in the sandpit with the other kids.

• Like 1