Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Some interesting games this week. Chimpy has already locked my tips in for me. I got a very nasty evil eye from him when i asked if he had backed St Kilda or Brisbane... I'm guessing he locked in St Kilda

Melb V Port

Bulldogs V GWS

Richond V Essendon

Adelaide V Freo

Brissie V St Kilda

Collingwood V North

West Coast V Geelong

Early thoughts, anyone?

Some interesting games this week. Chimpy has already locked my tips in for me. I got a very nasty evil eye from him when i asked if he had backed St Kilda or Brisbane... I'm guessing he locked in St Kilda

Melb V Port

Bulldogs V GWS

Richond V Essendon

Adelaide V Freo

Brissie V St Kilda

Collingwood V North

West Coast V Geelong

Early thoughts, anyone?

Ladder: Crows 6. Dockers 1. Last chance to see these teams play together this season. Dockers by 29.

• Like 2

I actually had to watch this several times just to see the "contact".

Then watched it a few more times as I couldn't really believe it.

An umpire trying to get his 2 minutes of fame methinks.

Minson 'umpire push' incident 'pretty laughable', says Beveridge

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-24/bulldogs-ruckman-will-minson-sent-off-in-vfl-match-

Does seem laughable looking a the vision. Your link didn't work for me for some reason.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-24/bulldogs-ruckman-will-minson-sent-off-in-vfl-match-

Yeah it was pretty laughable - BUT - those are the rules, looks like the ump had been taking tips from Lindsay Thomas the way he was flaying about. Minson's actions are pretty intentional even if there's no malice involved. Not that I'm a fan of Minson so it won't bother me either way what happens but probably a fine of some sort...

A red card for that is absurd.

Minson shouldn't be touching the umps, but the ump was just being an over officious jerk IMO.

Yep… Officious, attention seeking and irksome,, like a maggot on a BBQ.

• Like 1

Can Chimpy give us any clues to the margin this week.(swans v blues)biggrin.png

My only dilema is will it be a 2 or 3 figure marginrolleyes.gif

biggrin.png

Well, looking at today's headlines, it could well be a 3 figure margin.

Coach Mick Malthouse takes swing at Carlton board

Embattled Carlton coach Mick Malthouse has reiterated that he will not be standing down as he took a swing at the club's board.

Speaking on radio station SEN, Malthouse said that the coach is "the first to go" to relieve some of the pressure on a beleageured board.

"Good boards stay sound. Boards crack under pressure," he said.

Malthouse said that when former CEO Greg Swann and former president Stephen Kernahan - who got him to the club after a poor 2012 season under Brett Ratten - left the club, he knew it would be difficult to keep his job.

But he said the talk pre-season, around the football department and the club's position, had been positive.

"Oh, totally, totally," he said, when asked if the goalposts had shifted.

Malthouse ridiculed the club's decision to hold off on making an announcement on his future until after the bye.

When asked if he thought he would be coach after that weekend, Malthouse said he wasn't sure what people could learn in two weeks that they didn't already know from his 30 years of coaching.

"The question should be, what do people learn after two weeks?

"We play Sydney with a depleted side and we play Adelaide with hopefully a couple of blokes coming back but we're not too sure about that either."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/coach-mick-malthouse-takes-swing-at-carlton-board-20150525-gh9i84.html

• Like 1

Melb V Port

Bulldogs V GWS

Richond V Essendon

Adelaide V Freo

Brissie V St Kilda

Collingwood V North

West Coast V Geelong

Early thoughts, anyone?

I like (at the minute), Port, Bulldogs, Rich, Freo, Brissy, North and WC.

Some real tough ones there.

• Like 1

Melb V Port

Bulldogs V GWS

Richond V Essendon

Adelaide V Freo

Brissie V St Kilda

Collingwood V North

West Coast V Geelong

Early thoughts, anyone?

Melb V port are playing in ALice Springs..Could favour Melbourne

I like GWS over the Doggies. Should be an exciting free flowing, running game.

Essendon or Richmond...not sure

Freo. Could freo go undefeated this season?

St Kilda

Collingwood

West Coast

Edited by BookMan

Looking to watch AFL 360 or On The Couch?

jranng,last year's provider seems to have hung up his Youtube hat.

Freo Fanatics 1994 has stepped somewhat into the frame, providing replays of AFL360 and On The COuch, and some games.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnQjLmTZpFbYZSiab5RqcMQ/videos

Thanks for that BookMan.

Just about to watch On The Couch.

Melb V Port

Bulldogs V GWS

Richond V Essendon

Adelaide V Freo

Brissie V St Kilda

Collingwood V North

West Coast V Geelong

Early thoughts, anyone?

Melb V port are playing in ALice Springs..Could favour Melbourne. Good point, I never realised that.

I like GWS over the Doggies. Should be an exciting free flowing, running game. The WB play Etihaus really well.

Essendon or Richmond...not sure

Freo. Could freo go undefeated this season? I don't think so, but if they win this week (danger game), I reckon they will be undefeated until round 15 when they play the hawks.

St Kilda

Collingwood

West Coast

• Like 2

biggrin.png

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/coach-mick-malthouse-takes-swing-at-carlton-board-20150525-gh9i84.html

I can't see this playing out for another 2 weeks.

• Like 1

biggrin.png

I can't see this playing out for another 2 weeks.

The board has spoken... Malthouse is gone.. Allegedly..

It seems to me that Mick brought it to a head today. Much better he is sacked and is paid out the remainder of his contract, than he resigns and gets Zip.

The Carlton board should get a big workover too. Reading and listening about it, seems like the same decision makers have been hanging around too long

Mick Malthouse sacked as coach of Carlton

Carlton have sacked Mick Malthouse the day after the Blues said an announcement on the embattled coach's future would come after their next two games.

Assistant coach John Barker will take over as interim coach.

Carlton chiefs called an unscheduled meeting of board members and chief executive Steven Trigg on Tuesday morning following Malthouse's explosive interview on radio station SEN earlier in the day.

In the interview, the veteran coach took a swing at the board and reiterated that he would not stand down and the club would have to sack him if it wanted him gone, all but challenging Carlton to sack him.

The Blues sit bottom of the AFL ladder with just one win from eight games.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/mick-malthouse-sacked-as-coach-of-carlton-20150526-gh9ptc.html

• Like 2

It seems to me that Mick brought it to a head today. Much better he is sacked and is paid out the remainder of his contract, than he resigns and gets Zip.

The Carlton board should get a big workover too. Reading and listening about it, seems like the same decision makers have been hanging around too long

Carlton have sacked Mick Malthouse the day after the Blues said an announcement on the embattled coach's future would come after their next two games.

Carlton chiefs called an unscheduled meeting of board members and chief executive Steven Trigg on Tuesday morning following Malthouse's explosive interview on radio station SEN earlier in the day.

In the interview, the veteran coach took a swing at the board and reiterated that he would not stand down and the club would have to sack him if it wanted him gone, all but challenging Carlton to sack him.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/mick-malthouse-sacked-as-coach-of-carlton-20150526-gh9ptc.html

Apparently word on the soi according to Somchai is that Trigg's going to be investigated over claims that the deal for Eddie Betts was "stitched up 18 months ago"...

Now that will put the cat among the pigeons if it turns out it was true... Bett's manager has denied it outright though... Somchai's looking for a line into the press conference scheduled in an hour..

• Like 2

Apparently word on the soi according to Somchai is that Trigg's going to be investigated over claims that the deal for Eddie Betts was "stitched up 18 months ago"...

Now that will put the cat among the pigeons if it turns out it was true... Bett's manager has denied it outright though... Somchai's looking for a line into the press conference scheduled in an hour..

A departing bomb from Mick... His timing of the revelation can't be coincidence..surely...

whistling.gif

A departing bomb from Mick... His timing of the revelation can't be coincidence..surely...

Geez, it does sound like he was baiting them to increase his chances of a payout rather than zero. whistling.gif

I'm sure Mick will leave with his usual dignity and classwhistling.gif

I'm guessing he won't be leaving too many friends at Carlton.

Just like when he left WC and Collingwood.

Mick was always going to get paid out. There was no way in hell he was going to resign.

Just like at Collingwood, he earn't a truck load of money but still left an angry and bitter man.

I'm not looking forward to seeing him on the footy next year but I'm sure he will get picked up.

It's probably luck GWS aren't a total basket case this year, otherwise, he'd probably end up there!

I see Stuey Dew's already been thrown is a potential replacement! Back off <deleted>! he's staying in Sydney :P

• Like 1

Minson banned for 4 weeks!

The VFL tribunal is an even bigger joke than the AFL tribunal...

Unluckily for Minson he isn't a Hawthorn player or it might just have been a fine. tongue.png

he had to get a couple of weeks because he did it intentiionally

• Like 2

Minson banned for 4 weeks!

The VFL tribunal is an even bigger joke than the AFL tribunal...

Unluckily for Minson he isn't a Hawthorn player or it might just have been a fine. tongue.png

he had to get a couple of weeks because he did it intentiionally

Hahaha indeed...

Dogs are appealing, funnily enough though, the Ump who was "put off his line" (whateverthefuck that means) accepted Minson's several apologies during and after the game (last one was apparently just before the tribunal) and recommended a reprimand and fine for the offence...