Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

3 hours ago, Gazman1 said:

Alex, the new Mac Pro starts at $6,000 but the top spec one will be double that $12,000

Seen it later in Google news AU....a cool $20,000 for the top spec model here......still looks like a cheese grator though....

The next software upgrade on the horizon WILL allow for apps to be downloaded on your Macbook Pro....wonder if the IMac WILL get it too..

You know i had a new SD card put in my vitage windows laptop thats the 4th hard drive since 2011 and mind you it hardly got used after end of 2013 when i got confident with my iMac.....Well wouldnt you know it, just 3 weeks later the f***ckin thing wouldnt turn off...holy molie a new hard drive and windows install an 3 weeks later its F****ed again....$240 then another $180 oh my god this Dell has cost me a fortune.....serious its been cheaper to keep 2 cars on the road than this computer....and worse of all i payed $1550 for the dam thing originally just so i could play that fifa game...

Windows desk top pc...up graded several times then 2 windows laptops all the problems ive had .....well worn path to the computer shop for years its like a soap opera honestly and to think that dell.....was only $500 cheaper than the macbook pro at the time and i didnt get it...shame shame shame on me....im on my seconf iPad gave the first to my daughter have Imac and Macbook pro plus a number of Iphones and apart from the touch decease on the 6+ never ever had anything go wrong with my Apple stuff....and never spent a cent on repairs....

If this Dell plays up again its going in the bin i WILL just have to find a wife to keep me amused since fifa manger will go in the bin with it...

Friday funnies......May and Leaver are in...Salem is defiantly back this week....the Big man Brendon Preuss is in...and Neal_Bullen is in...Out go Oscar....so sad I mean no Dee could contain the Jerka last week..the guy is the size of the Queen Mary ....and of course it was noted the wayward kicking style of one Jay Kennedy Harris is now banished to Casey for a month...pretty sure lazy boy Gartlet and the Dart Stretch wont make the list come Monday...Too bad we playing the Pies after loss......might take a couple of weeks for the new defence to man up and rebound like we been hopping......But alas another loss we cannot take its curtains and a high draft pic we should be looking at...go Eagles....

In google news today....the Mrs of Chris Judd was left deverstaed that the new home there renoing in the sth east of Melb and it sounds like Mount Martha cause that's where the money go, on or near the beach of course don't fit the Range Rover...gees you could have better tastes in cars couldn't you? anyway there was an over site...a pole in the garage....how funny is that? I mean gees it should have been picked up by the builders at plan stage....she is reported as saying it's a deal breaker that the cars dont go in the garage...so $50,000 to fix the problem...ahh they saw them coming is what I think.....it's just a steel beam and a couple of supports all trimmed out to hide....id like to be the builder on that job....anyway she did try and poke the nose of the Rover in but alas it was not to be...anyway Chris can afford it...Pratt left him in a good position salary wise..I mean the guy just needs to turn up for work one day a week, has time for his fashion lable and help run the CFC....5 million is what they got for there Brighton home so yeah.....wish I was the builder....

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-ideas/best-of-travel/a-look-at-the-worlds-first-360degree-infinity-pool-set-to-be-built-on-london-skyscraper/news-story/521b8954f126d477a919bb3bac186eb4 not for your faint hearted TFG or Wife.....but she WILL want to go....love it....this is what id do, love design like this....im dam sure my knees would be trembling as I'm scared of heights....I just do it and never look down..or I would die...

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/dating/model-slams-claims-she-is-dating-a-54yearold-man-in-a-mobility-scooter-for-his-money/news-story/3c0e76251ac0535086efa66717e42387 And isn't this just romantic? and most of us here can relate to this...old farts with a babe....she says its legit...shes really into the guy...well one look at him and I feel happy that the god of loved smiled on his sorry ass....she.....ahhh dont let the idea that she's a cam model fool you that she is only in it for the money they have a heart too....bless her little heart...just be cause he is 10cm shorter and looks like he has been hit by a bus she has seen something attractive in him....ho how beautiful is the world? Well she's not my type but hey what ever..makes the world go round you know...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/how-richmond-revelation-sydney-stack-went-from-cautionary-tale-to-cult-figure/news-story/05f84e39f6176a5ba6c632ebd9022a42 and on and on it goes.....you hit me...no I didn't.....yes you did...no I didn't....come on boys grow up....

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/politicians-awarded-2-per-cent-pay-increase-from-july-1/news-story/70eeb96db1d6e20778c3adc5d8d35259 our over worked pollies getting a pay rise....I dont need to be sarcastic do I?

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/copa-america-would-do-wonders-for-socceroos-says-arnold Arnold lives in a world of make believe...a song by an old Aussie band I use to like, forget the band but the singer was Peter Cupples....If we couldn't even get out of the group stage during the Asian Cup how do you think were going to go against a bunch of Sth American teams?....Murder comes to mind quickly....even genocide....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well the good news is just pouring out of Deeland...in Goole news this morning its reported the Weed has maned up and signed a new deal there at the G  https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-07/demons-key-forward-on-target-extending-contract-for-two-years 650,000 he was reported as chasing....only took G Lyon to snarl at that in the press for Weed and his manger to accept around the 300,000 big ones instead....Pies have to wait 2 more years to get there grubby hands on him....@ 27 games an .8 goals a game...plus missing the set shot that could off handed us a flying start to September last week this guy was in NO Bargaining position anyway he says he is relived.....Means the Pies didn't think he was worth it too....Not yet anyway...

Last nights game...glad I had a move to watch on Netflix....sometimes I watch if its a couple of decent teams...and they were....lucky I had that movie to watch.....the movie was a mild action piece with a few twists and turns more than the Tigers set in Morocco but could have been the MCG but of course it wasn't.....Tigers looked pitiful or is how good are the Cats? Lynch hasn't brought anything to the Tigers I think and im beginning to thing chasing expensive Free Agents is a risky business, which means it WILL be interesting to see how in a few more games the May Leaver combo is travelling down at Deeland....but hey..May and Leaver both expensive arnt in the league of Franklin and Lynch, my  view is its a Baaaaa to chase expensive FA's Leaver and May are not million $ a season men so they kinda just sneak in...Dusty was like poo last night....them Tatts have slowed him down...and the friction from that haircut is causing wind drag....needs a new model...which reminds me Oliver has done the Dusty haircut and his form has dropped off too...so theres a correlation of said hair style...apart from the fact it looks off....

Im getting more confident about Mondays game...its like the best line up we put on the ground all season though this time I wont change my pick...I WILL stay with Eagles and Pies....because you just never know...

https://celebrity.nine.com.au/latest/bradley-cooper-and-irina-shayk-were-on-and-off-for-the-past-year-source-says/59936c9a-5673-4b00-83c2-ae61a7b3fd9e Well we knew it was coming eventually....the movie is another one to miss....I mean the eyes at the piano over each other was like pure sex with your clothes on....Lady Gaga and Brad couldn't hide it could they? Stay tuned in about 4 month the Lady WILL have got rid of her Bue then about 4 months after that...wow Brad and Gaga are dating the worst kept secret in Hollywood were dreams are made but never real.....I been to the Hollywood strip.....its has a slum to one side and the street its self is like....nothing much,.,,.the 2 best buildings in the strip both belong to the Church of Scientology and one of them in particular would put most buildings here to shame....Ho and a lot of black basketball types loitering around the place too....I did think I wouldn't feel to safe there at night....but hey I did mange to get my Patriots T-shirt there.....so that was good..

Arnolds boys go down 1-0 in a friendly in Sth Korea over night....still cant buy a goal...what to do what to do? there is one unemployed ex AFL and NRL and Union guy out of a job Folou or how ever its spelt and he could use a new 5 million dollar contract and the Aussie soccer team needs someone who can score a goal...was about to break the Try record for the Aussie team before he was told to go play somewhere else for bringing the game into disrepute.....very unfortunate to use your position too push a cause that isn't well received by most....Haynes has switched codes too...again....NRL then NFL now Soccer....and other faded superstar struck down cause he cant keep his dick in his pants... dont these guys earn enough to know not bite the hands that feed them? Meanwhile the uncertainty of what's going at Victory has prompted Barbarouses to sign for Sydney.. https://www.a-league.com.au/news/big-blue-boilover-victory-star-barbarouses-signs-sydney-fc mate this just dont happen....no place in the world does your star player in a top team defect to another top team in the same comp....its just not on.....he does look rather hunsum in light blue though....and 750,000 a season for 3 years isn't anything to sneeze at....Kostas has a permeant smile on his face.....with Kos going it brings about 6 senior players who have either deserted the ship or not offered new contracts....the big German I though they would have kept and he reportedly was happy to stay I think that send off in a game early in the season might have something to do with it....did cost us that game....

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Well the good news is just pouring out of Deeland...in Goole news this morning its reported the Weed has maned up and signed a new deal there at the G  https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-07/demons-key-forward-on-target-extending-contract-for-two-years 650,000 he was reported as chasing....only took G Lyon to snarl at that in the press for Weed and his manger to accept around the 300,000 big ones instead....Pies have to wait 2 more years to get there grubby hands on him....@ 27 games an .8 goals a game...plus missing the set shot that could off handed us a flying start to September last week this guy was in NO Bargaining position anyway he says he is relived.....Means the Pies didn't think he was worth it too....Not yet anyway...

Last nights game...glad I had a move to watch on Netflix....sometimes I watch if its a couple of decent teams...and they were....lucky I had that movie to watch.....the movie was a mild action piece with a few twists and turns more than the Tigers set in Morocco but could have been the MCG but of course it wasn't.....Tigers looked pitiful or is how good are the Cats? Lynch hasn't brought anything to the Tigers I think and im beginning to thing chasing expensive Free Agents is a risky business, which means it WILL be interesting to see how in a few more games the May Leaver combo is travelling down at Deeland....but hey..May and Leaver both expensive arnt in the league of Franklin and Lynch, my  view is its a Baaaaa to chase expensive FA's Leaver and May are not million $ a season men so they kinda just sneak in...Dusty was like poo last night....them Tatts have slowed him down...and the friction from that haircut is causing wind drag....needs a new model...which reminds me Oliver has done the Dusty haircut and his form has dropped off too...so theres a correlation of said hair style...apart from the fact it looks off....

Im getting more confident about Mondays game...its like the best line up we put on the ground all season though this time I wont change my pick...I WILL stay with Eagles and Pies....because you just never know...

https://celebrity.nine.com.au/latest/bradley-cooper-and-irina-shayk-were-on-and-off-for-the-past-year-source-says/59936c9a-5673-4b00-83c2-ae61a7b3fd9e Well we knew it was coming eventually....the movie is another one to miss....I mean the eyes at the piano over each other was like pure sex with your clothes on....Lady Gaga and Brad couldn't hide it could they? Stay tuned in about 4 month the Lady WILL have got rid of her Bue then about 4 months after that...wow Brad and Gaga are dating the worst kept secret in Hollywood were dreams are made but never real.....I been to the Hollywood strip.....its has a slum to one side and the street its self is like....nothing much,.,,.the 2 best buildings in the strip both belong to the Church of Scientology and one of them in particular would put most buildings here to shame....Ho and a lot of black basketball types loitering around the place too....I did think I wouldn't feel to safe there at night....but hey I did mange to get my Patriots T-shirt there.....so that was good..

Arnolds boys go down 1-0 in a friendly in Sth Korea over night....still cant buy a goal...what to do what to do? there is one unemployed ex AFL and NRL and Union guy out of a job Folou or how ever its spelt and he could use a new 5 million dollar contract and the Aussie soccer team needs someone who can score a goal...was about to break the Try record for the Aussie team before he was told to go play somewhere else for bringing the game into disrepute.....very unfortunate to use your position too push a cause that isn't well received by most....Haynes has switched codes too...again....NRL then NFL now Soccer....and other faded superstar struck down cause he cant keep his dick in his pants... dont these guys earn enough to know not bite the hands that feed them? Meanwhile the uncertainty of what's going at Victory has prompted Barbarouses to sign for Sydney.. https://www.a-league.com.au/news/big-blue-boilover-victory-star-barbarouses-signs-sydney-fc mate this just dont happen....no place in the world does your star player in a top team defect to another top team in the same comp....its just not on.....he does look rather hunsum in light blue though....and 750,000 a season for 3 years isn't anything to sneeze at....Kostas has a permeant smile on his face.....with Kos going it brings about 6 senior players who have either deserted the ship or not offered new contracts....the big German I though they would have kept and he reportedly was happy to stay I think that send off in a game early in the season might have something to do with it....did cost us that game....

You're working beautifully (still) Alex.

• Like 2

Don't think there will be much movement in the tipping this week.

Unless,unless there's a smokey or two.

I'm in for a nervous afternoon with the Suns having the wood on Roos.

A lot of outs for GC surely not,looking to the sky it's a beautiful 30 degrees here in nakon know where.

But will a thunderstorm roll in this afternoon.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 2

My opinion of Adam Goodes has been well documented on this forum.   It's his character I don't like, not his skin colour.   And before the State of Origin Rugby last week, nine aboriginal players refused to sing Advance Australia Fair coz they protested it WASN'T fair.   Disgraceful performance.  Watch this space for the next AFL game when the teams line up for the national anthem.   

This issue is closer to my heart than many may comprehend.

Records reveal that my convict forefather settled in Hobart after release from Port Arthur in the early 1800's and married into the local black fella clan. The aboriginal blood has been diluted over successive generations, and as for me, I have a pointy nose, green eyes, and skin as white as virgin snow.

My grandmother was related to, and shared the same maiden surname as Susan Sangster – Peacock - Ranouf nee Rossiter.   Apparently, with every few generations an ancestral throwback can occur.   Take a look at the facial features of Suzy's daughter, Ann Peacock, and make your own mind up.

I must remember to submit that Mabo claim for traditional ownership of Bellerive Oval.

Women+Media+Christmas+Luncheon+RUgYkpnsvSIl.jpg

• Like 2

HEADLINES.....Demons make me moody....thats what I tell my Thai gf's.....I also tell them im watching my very bad football team today.....You know I was too young to recall the good old days, its been pure poo since the late 60's..ho WILL how lucky are you with the Eagles....And OMG the jumper they wore yesterday brings back flashing memories of bottom of the ladder years.....I hate that strip...please stop wearing it....

Yes there are reasons there underachieving, the defence did hold for a long part of the game...  but when you got nothing forward of centre its like holding a broken dam wall...its going to give eventually....now I could have told Goodwin that dropping little Mac was not a good idea....as we all seen Frost who I like a lot was concused early and thats was it....Mac is a pretty good player and in my team he would have got in over lazy Boy Gartlet...Im over Geoff....reasonable game yesterday but really he isnt that quick to be over running the ball as often as he does.....that forward line is all at sea.....Dont matter what happens from now on end they should be looking to experiment and give a couple of guys a chance...

Well.....https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/10/business/oil-boom-production-opec/index.html this its interesting.......Opec have been dropping prices though I just paid $1.70 for 98 fuel last week so you wouldn't have noticed at the bowser....why? the Yanks found fracking to be cost effective once it hit a certain price.....now what have we? still high prices or it could be higher and were not appreciating what were paying...thanks Don....The Arabs have been diversifying knowing its all going to dry up one day...the big profits...so there buying football teams....Paris SG, Man City, a few others and now Newcastle United...this will make it interesting in the premier league....obviously there is a plan to make it the best comp in the world.....with squllions splashing around in the mother land salarys hitting 400,000$ a week Real are in trouble.....a 2 horse league...what of PSG? there the only team in the league, not much fun hey? 

But guys the big question....what happens in the ground when they pump all that oil and gas out?   There is a dirty big hole under the Middle East..well this could solve a political problem couldn't it? Alas all hope is dashed....apparently all that black gold is sitting in little pores of rocks and when its removed water finds its way in to replace it....and did you know there only taking about 5% of the oil out anyway....thats mind blowing...so imagine in years to come with some smart tech they can keep on getting at it...like forever....Now pumping oil out of the ground is actually good for climate change...hopefully some of that rising sea water can make it into the pores of the rock to replace the oil...https://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=21551.0 anyway a discussion is here on this subject....cant believe me it took nearly my whole life to look it up...

• Like 1

Friday started Thursday night......Crows keep on chugging a long....Tigers are a sick looking 2017 version, now who was calling for Tex's head just 2 weeks ago? Loyd was one of them, he I put in the same class as Dave King the ex hack North man and worst Fox commentator going around....Fox should get Slater who does the Socceroos games to take over...never mind....Tex was WOW last night...299 kgs comes crashing in from behind and boy he got off the ground too....Thats what the Dee's need...TEX...go get him boys....he will make you stand taller and make Matty Loyd look smaller...And the jerka Jenkins...mountain man....2 gorillas in the forward line wasn't he good? To think they dropped little Mac over his performance  on the big Jerk....mate you can't wrap your arms around the fella he is so wide....

Friday starts the day with Don Trump referring to the Prince of Wales as the Prince of Whales....you have to laugh dont you? https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/donald-trump-calls-prince-charles-the-prince-of-whales-on-twitter/news-story/c7083d3948abada8881a3ee249b2722e  At least he keeps us on the edge of our seats hey, the stock market looking more like Saint Kilda's Luna Park's Big Dipper, aircraft carriers in the gulf one day reducing troop numbers other days lifting them on the sly...all good stuff....just shifting them around...Fracking shale deposits and electric cars is a long term strategy to to under mine petro $$$ in the Middle East....and Donald is you're man.....dont see the Republicans looking to unseat the guy so thats telling you something...Might be an idea for the Dee's to hire Donald as a consultant after his times up in the White House, a Kennet type surly WILL keep them slackers on there toes...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/matildas/matildas-complete-epic-comeback-in-bizarre-circumstances/news-story/fc84fc5d7abe92d963ede834dc176753 Recall the sexy Matildas calendar? well the Italians took them down in game 1 at the World Cup, the fact Arnold and captain Milligan dropped in must have done the trick as the girls came from 2 down to win 3-2 over Brazil....I still have the memory of 12 backsides etched into my memory....Hey that might be an idea....get Arnold over to Casey to smarten up the guys...maybe not....Daniher wasn't able to fire the sorry lot up during the week prior to the Monday game when he poped in to Rev the guys up..... Demons in my time have never been a team like say the Bombers who when there asses are on the line they find something and come on out and win...nope never...we had to import our hard men...Brent Croswell from North he was already past his prime by then.....and of course Carl Ditterich and what a game he played once....at the G following the record score the Lions kicked against us out at arctic park (Waverly) that still stands.....playing 5th placed Essendon and we were like typical poo team of the 80's....Walters kicked out first 6 goals straight in the first quarter if my fading memory serves me well...finished with 7...meanwhile Carl at a whopping great height compared to everyone else ran around the ground with his elbow out stretched taking red and bald heads along the way...Bombers well shell shocked and never recovered and mainly to a fierce Carl....he made sure of that...even the umps were sympathetic to us after the week before as Carl didn't get reported....yes I was at both games.....it was a long drive home from Waverly when you got pumped by 32 goals....lot of tension was relived at the G that day thanks to Carl....

https://www.the42.ie/paddy-jackson-diageo-sponsorship-guinness-4681549-Jun2019/ And in Ireland today but the story is from England.....Guinnesss ends a 27 year sponsorship deal with London Irish Rugby team for recruiting an Irish international who had been acquitted of rape in a trail last year....thought you innocent until proven guilty.....but wait for it....Cash Converters was also a sponsor ended there sponsorship last week.....can you believe it? Cash Converters preaching??????? mate every druggie and crim in Australia fence stuff there....and then to add insult to injury they mark up the prices to ridiculous levels for old shit......my nose goes up when I have to walk past one of there stores...a blight on the landscape....

https://www.thejournal.ie/capuchin-gay-comments-4681262-Jun2019/ Folua or how ever you spell his name is not alone.....then again we could call the Friar a pedophile couldn't we?    https://www.thejournal.ie/priest-new-york-courts-4679359-Jun2019/ and more on the clergy...oh boy the pope will be jumping and down this morning...

Well guys you WILL be relived....im back to limited dutes next week 2 weeks earlier than I excepted....im crawling up the wall here with nothing to do, you know you can only go to the shopping centre so often....

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12240425 RATS RATS...must be a world wide thingy.....one of the units I built the owner told me he had rats in hes roof they even came into the garage popped up into the engine bay and nibbled on his wiring...new suv too....And I WILL never forget and also one of the reasons I dont eat street food anywhere but Mexico....how many times did I see a very healthy looking specimen of the Rat family dive from one cart to another at the end of my Soi when I was living in BKK....many times.....like to know what they do under there....

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12240353  Body hidden in storage for 17 ys.....oh boy.....gives people ideas.....like to know how it didn't stink .....if you put 22 Demons players in storage they wouldn't stink either, no f*****g life in them thats why....there god dam statutes.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

OK gents

What did you think of Stratton's pinching?

I thought it was disgraceful, even worse from a captain.

If he did that 20 years ago, he'd still be looking for his teeth.

Pinching is a reportable offence and he did it multiple times.

Time for the AFL to make a statement methinks.

A huge fine or a suspension.

IMG_0820.JPG

• Like 2