Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

I'm sure it was my time as senior coach at Lake Grace that got him over the line.

Did u coach at Lake Grace, FJ?

smile.pngYes.i coached them for one season taking them from second last to the finals.

Got sacked the following year for not playing the presidents son

Had a year off playing golf with the likes of Ross Dicthburn then coached arch rivials Jerramungup for 2 years only to lose 2 GF's to Lake Grace(they bought their sides)There was less than 8 points in both games.

After that coached Association football for 3 years.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

I'm sure it was my time as senior coach at Lake Grace that got him over the line.

Did u coach at Lake Grace, FJ?

smile.pngYes.

Was Fyfe around at the time?

Showed potential as a youngster?

He was.

As he said tonight he won 3 junior grand finals there.

The Morton boys were better,they all played afl.

• Like 1

He was.

Mitch Morton part of that clan?

He played 12 games for the Swans, including two finals where he helped us win, including the 2012 GF.

Apparently he threw up before every game

• Like 1

He was.

Mitch Morton part of that clan?

He played 12 games for the Swans, including two finals where he helped us win, including the 2012 GF.

Apparently he threw up before every game

thumbsup.gif

I'm happy with this.

What about you Sydney boys?

First-round draft pick to get Jetta at Eagles

West Coast are planning to use a first-round draft pick to secure Sydney premiership player Lewis Jetta, with arrangements already

well advanced to get the WA speedster to the Eagles.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/29660884/first-round-draft-pick-to-get-jetta-at-eagles/

• Like 1

I'm happy with this.

West Coast are planning to use a first-round draft pick to secure Sydney premiership player Lewis Jetta, with arrangements already

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/29660884/first-round-draft-pick-to-get-jetta-at-eagles/

Seems reasonable for us.

It was rumored he was asking for 700k per season not so long back...400k? cheap... well. he has been cr.ap this year..so maybe not

We really need a ruck, so maybe Luenbeuger from Brissie is coming our way?

1st round pick..will come in at 18 or 20 I believe...Sydney can use that if it takes 2 of its academy players. Mills seems likely to go top 3

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

TWO VETERANS and a debutant will umpire Saturday's Grand Final between Hawthorn and West Coast.

After missing selection for last year's decider, three-time All Australian Brett Rosebury returns to umpire his seventh Grand Final, veteran whistleblower Matt

Stevic will umpire his third Grand Final, and West Australian Jeff Dalgleish has been handed a debut.

Ray Chamberlain is the emergency umpire.

AFL head umpires coach Hayden Kennedy said the trio chose themselves after consistent seasons.

"We're very happy with the mix we've got," Kennedy told AFL.com.au.

"Every umpire involved in the game aspires to become a Grand Final umpire and they've all deserved their appointments."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-29/debutant-named-among-grand-final-field-umpires

Edited by BookMan

TWO VETERANS and a debutant will umpire Saturday's Grand Final between Hawthorn and West Coast.

After missing selection for last year's decider, three-time All Australian Brett Rosebury returns to umpire his seventh Grand Final, veteran whistleblower Matt

Stevic will umpire his third Grand Final, and West Australian Jeff Dalgleish has been handed a debut.

Ray Chamberlain is the emergency umpire.

AFL head umpires coach Hayden Kennedy said the trio chose themselves after consistent seasons.

"We're very happy with the mix we've got," Kennedy told AFL.com.au.

"Every umpire involved in the game aspires to become a Grand Final umpire and they've all deserved their appointments."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-29/debutant-named-among-grand-final-field-umpires

I clicked on the link and read the story.

At the bottom is a link to pick the winner.

56,727 have voted. 53% for WC and 47% Hawthorn.

The bookies have Hawthorn 1.60 and WC 2.40

Must be that all the WC supporters have read the story.

• Like 1

I'm happy with this.

Seems reasonable for us.

It was rumored he was asking for 700k per season not so long back...400k? cheap... well. he has been cr.ap this year..so maybe not

We really need a ruck, so maybe Luenbeuger from Brissie is coming our way?

1st round pick..will come in at 18 or 20 I believe...Sydney can use that if it takes 2 of its academy players. Mills seems likely to go top 3

2 first round picks for Jetta? Sorry Jetts it's been real... That'll sure up Leuenburger for us and still allow us to jag our Academy player...

• Like 1

2 first round picks for Jetta? Sorry Jetts it's been real... That'll sure up Leuenburger for us and still allow us to jag our Academy player...

Just the one pick GS.

Poor ol Jetta...devalued himself a couple of hundred k this year... no wonder he looked like he was sulking

• Like 1

Just the one pick GS.

Poor ol Jetta...devalued himself a couple of hundred k this year... no wonder he looked like he was sulking

Hmmm... yes you're right... Misread the finer details in the excitement of possibly getting 2 1st round picks for Jetts... Sounding very much like Ryan O'keefe a few years back... Might end up re-signing despite stating he wanted a trade...

Just the one pick GS.

Hmmm... yes you're right... Misread the finer details in the excitement of possibly getting 2 1st round picks for Jetts... Sounding very much like Ryan O'keefe a few years back... Might end up re-signing despite stating he wanted a trade...

I hope not.

His back half of the season was awful..esp. the finals. Lacked heart and effort

Brownlow count for Sydney..

Nice performance by the Sydney mids. Tommy tradebait Mitchell polling 12 votes... Not bad for a lad relegated to the NEAFL for most of last year...and only 19 games this year.

Final Leaderboard - Sydney Swans

25 - Josh Kennedy
24 - Dan Hannebery
12 - Tom Mitchell
9 - Luke Parker
8 - Lance Franklin (ineligible)
4 - Kurt Tippett (ineligible)
3 - Kieren Jack
3 - Jarrad McVeigh
2 - Isaac Heeney
2 - Sam Reid
1 - Adam Goodes
1 - Lewis Jetta

For most men, Thailand is the dream gigglem.gif

A Thailand holiday nearly cost Jeremy McGovern his football dream

AN OVERSEAS holiday with some old high school mates almost cost Jeremy McGovern his football dream.

The year was 2013, and life was good for McGovern.

Despite battling a raft of injuries during his time as a rookie on West Coast's list, McGovern was upgraded to the senior squad.

His recent operation to fix a hip complaint had gone well, and he headed off to Phuket for a well-earned rest.

The food was good in the tourist hot spot, and the beers tasted even better.

As each day passed, McGovern's body started to change shape.

The weight piled on, and his fitness base diminished.

http://www.afl.com.au/?ref=Net-Header2-AFL

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

I hope not.

His back half of the season was awful..esp. the finals. Lacked heart and effort

Yeah pretty similar to the way Pebbles played that year he was looking to head back to Victoria (pretty sure he nominated Collingwood as his intended new home) inked a new deal and a few years later jagged his 2nd Premiership and a Norm Smith medal - playing arguably some of his best footy in those years.

Could history repeat? If Jetts plays to his potential and gives up the sulks. Yes.

Hey not long to the best part of the season.....and you all have been talking about it for weeks already....Trade Week...or is it Trade 2 Weeks?

Here are the indicative dates for the 2015 NAB AFL free agency and trade periods:

Friday October 9 - NAB AFL restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period begins

Monday October 12, 10am - NAB AFL Trade Period begins

Sunday October 18, 5pm - Close of NAB AFL restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period

Wednesday October 21 - NAB AFL restricted free agency matching offer three-day period ends

Thursday October 22, 2pm – NAB AFL Trade Period closes

• Like 1