Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

What was Shuey's goal about,F k me.

More Beerbiggrin.png

Another game where the umps are making some poor decisions under pressure

Very true. The umpires may need ............wub.png

I think they will be lucky to come up with 3 out of the weekend.

The Eagles will have to play twice as good as the Hawks to win.

Edited by farmerjo

Well done Eagles,

To good in the end.

All the best for next week,thumbsup.gif

Commiserations mate.

I thought your boys probably should've been 5 goals up at quarter time.

I think WC average about 30 shots for goal at Domain so I thought we

were going to get some chances in the second half.

No input tonight from your big forwards. Brown, Waite and Dish only 1 between them.

You must be happy with your boys though. To get to a prelim after finishing 8th was huge.

• Like 1

Well done Eagles,

To good in the end.

All the best for next week,thumbsup.gif

Commiserations mate.

I thought your boys probably should've been 5 goals up at quarter time.

I think WC average about 30 shots for goal at Domain so I thought we

were going to get some chances in the second half.

No input tonight from your big forwards. Brown, Waite and Dish only 1 between them.

You must be happy with your boys though. To get to a prelim after finishing 8th was huge.

Will watch the replay tomorrow,Atelely was my man but Wellingham had the last laugh as the influence on the game.

• Like 1

Khun Will's mate, Robert Walls, is stirring the pot again... Despite the title, it is more an assassination of Fremantle

AFL grand final 2015: three reasons why West Coast Eagles won't win the premiership

What did we learn from the purest football weekend of the season, when the four top teams are playing for their lives, when the eyes of the football world scrutinise every play, and where there is absolutely nowhere to hide? Plenty.

Ross Lyon has problems. He has to make changes to his Dockers list and playing style. Alastair Clarkson's brown and gold boys are built from a rock-solid base of courage and full-on effort, but are topped off by a huge chunk of class and composure. They will win a third premiership in a row because they are coached by the best in the business and have superb on-field leadership from Luke Hodge and Sam Mitchell.

Brad Scott's Kangaroos gave their all in close, but fell short for speed and finish out wide. They will, as they say, be better for the run. And Adam Simpson's Eagles weathered a torrid first half to dig in, and with the courageous leadership of Josh Kennedy and Matt Priddis, plus the dash, creativity and skill of Sharrod Wellingham, were able to inspire their teammates to the Eagles' first grand final appearance in nine years. Win, lose or draw, what Adam Simpson has done in less than two seasons at the helm is quite remarkable.

Fremantle's grunt could never be questioned, but their depth of quality falls away significantly. Their last six players get exposed on the big stage and they aren't good enough for this team to win a premiership. For all his huff and puff Hayden Ballantyne doesn't blow enough houses down. He is too inconsistent to be relied upon. He can't take a turn in the midfield, he can be selfish, he wastes too much time and energy creating spotfires, and as we saw in the first quarter on Friday night, because of his bad boy reputation the umpires won't give him the benefit of the doubt.

Michael Barlow's time is up. He has become crab-like, stopping the forward momentum of his team. His lack of pace sees him repeatedly side-step and backpedal because for him it's the safe option. His kicking lacks sharpness and penetration, highlighted when he squandered two goal kicking opportunities in Friday night's final quarter. Chris Mayne simply doesn't do enough as a permanent forward. Averaging just over a goal a game for the minor premiership team represents a poor return. Next year it's time for Alex Pearce and Matt Taberner to be given opportunities there.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-grand-final-2015-three-reasons-west-coast-eagles-wont-win-the-premiership-20150927-gjvz2s.html#ixzz3mwbOl1WN

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

From the same article... One of Chooka's favourite and most admired players:

Zac Dawson has been given a golden run under Lyon at both St Kilda and Fremantle, but his time is up. The big full back continually lets his team down with undisciplined free kicks and reports. And in today's game you can't have a player that you actually don't want to touch the ball for fear he will muck up with it. Sadly, that's the case with Zac. It's tough, but Tendai Mzungu and Matt de Boer need to be replaced. They give their all but their fumbles and lack of finish are costly. The clean hands and precise kicking skills of the Hawks exposed their weaknesses. If they are kept, the temptation will be to play them, and that will stifle the creative development of this team.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Grand final approaching... I said West Coast would start favorites...but their game against North has gone against them..

Anyway...here is a table of odds, and stats for the season...Very evenly matched across most stats.

I'll be backing West Coast. It took them half a game to snap out of the brainwahsing mode they had been in after reading their Twitter fan comments and the advice of friends and family that they had the game sewn up. It was a good attitude adjustment before next week.

post-147205-0-72678500-1443360411_thumb.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Swans have anoounced on Facebook that Brett Kirk will return to the Swans in 2016 in a coaching position.

"The Sydney Swans are pleased to confirm that Brett Kirk will return to the club for the 2016 season.

Kirk - a former co-captain of the Swans from 2006 until his retirement at the end of 2010 - has spent the last three seasons as an assistant coach under Ross Lyon at Fremantle.

Kirk will take up a role within the Swans coaching panel.

General Manager of Football, Tom Harley said the club was pleased to welcome Kirk back.

“After a successful three year stint at Fremantle, we are really pleased to welcome Brett back to the Swans and are confident he will be a really valuable addition to our coaching group, he said.

“Brett is a quality person and his impact as a leader during his player career at the Swans is well known.

“We are still finalising our football department structure for 2016 and we will be able to communicate the specifics of Brett’s role, along with any other changes, once that process is completed in the coming weeks, Harley said."

• Like 2

Khun Will's mate, Robert Walls, is stirring the pot again... Despite the title, it is more an assassination of Fremantle

AFL grand final 2015: three reasons why West Coast Eagles won't win the premiership

What did we learn from the purest football weekend of the season, when the four top teams are playing for their lives, when the eyes of the football world scrutinise every play, and where there is absolutely nowhere to hide? Plenty.

Ross Lyon has problems. He has to make changes to his Dockers list and playing style. Alastair Clarkson's brown and gold boys are built from a rock-solid base of courage and full-on effort, but are topped off by a huge chunk of class and composure. They will win a third premiership in a row because they are coached by the best in the business and have superb on-field leadership from Luke Hodge and Sam Mitchell.

Brad Scott's Kangaroos gave their all in close, but fell short for speed and finish out wide. They will, as they say, be better for the run. And Adam Simpson's Eagles weathered a torrid first half to dig in, and with the courageous leadership of Josh Kennedy and Matt Priddis, plus the dash, creativity and skill of Sharrod Wellingham, were able to inspire their teammates to the Eagles' first grand final appearance in nine years. Win, lose or draw, what Adam Simpson has done in less than two seasons at the helm is quite remarkable.

Fremantle's grunt could never be questioned, but their depth of quality falls away significantly. Their last six players get exposed on the big stage and they aren't good enough for this team to win a premiership. For all his huff and puff Hayden Ballantyne doesn't blow enough houses down. He is too inconsistent to be relied upon. He can't take a turn in the midfield, he can be selfish, he wastes too much time and energy creating spotfires, and as we saw in the first quarter on Friday night, because of his bad boy reputation the umpires won't give him the benefit of the doubt.

Michael Barlow's time is up. He has become crab-like, stopping the forward momentum of his team. His lack of pace sees him repeatedly side-step and backpedal because for him it's the safe option. His kicking lacks sharpness and penetration, highlighted when he squandered two goal kicking opportunities in Friday night's final quarter. Chris Mayne simply doesn't do enough as a permanent forward. Averaging just over a goal a game for the minor premiership team represents a poor return. Next year it's time for Alex Pearce and Matt Taberner to be given opportunities there.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-grand-final-2015-three-reasons-west-coast-eagles-wont-win-the-premiership-20150927-gjvz2s.html#ixzz3mwbOl1WN

A lot of what Walls says makes sense, it's just the way he presents it.

The guys an <deleted>.

That's why I cannot believe the rants from a lot of Freo supporters to sack Lyon.

Freo have the worst forward line in the top 4, possibly the 8.

I reckon he did exceptionally well to get them to finish on top.

They were virtually carried by their midfield of Fyfe, Munday and Neale in the first half

of the season.

Finishing on top gave supporters huge expectations.

A lot of Freo supporters also looked at the WB & WC and made unrealistic comparisons.

Freo need some tall forwards and defenders to give it a real shake next year methinks.

• Like 1

Swans have anoounced on Facebook that Brett Kirk will return to the Swans in 2016 in a coaching position.

"The Sydney Swans are pleased to confirm that Brett Kirk will return to the club for the 2016 season.

Kirk - a former co-captain of the Swans from 2006 until his retirement at the end of 2010 - has spent the last three seasons as an assistant coach under Ross Lyon at Fremantle.

Kirk will take up a role within the Swans coaching panel.

General Manager of Football, Tom Harley said the club was pleased to welcome Kirk back.

“After a successful three year stint at Fremantle, we are really pleased to welcome Brett back to the Swans and are confident he will be a really valuable addition to our coaching group, he said.

“Brett is a quality person and his impact as a leader during his player career at the Swans is well known.

“We are still finalising our football department structure for 2016 and we will be able to communicate the specifics of Brett’s role, along with any other changes, once that process is completed in the coming weeks, Harley said."

I reckon Stewey's eaten all the pies and is heading for greener pastures making room for William Shatner to return to the USS Enterprise ;)

• Like 2

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

I'm sure it was my time as senior coach at Lake Grace that got him over the line.

Really credit is to Craig Micherton who was little league coach and the Morton family.

Noel Morton moved from Newdegate to Lake Grace as the Elders area manager together with his 3 sons Mitch,Jarrayd and Cale.

Noel was a ledgend at Claremont FC as a captain in the WAFL.in the 80's and contributed heavily in association footy.

And Darren Gault at Aquinas,i played footy with him at Carnamah.smile.png

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 2