Basic health insurance in Thailand

Daniel55

Hello,

Happy Songkran ! Maybe it is not the right time, but I would like to ask you about 1 thing. I work legally here in Thailand, but I would like to have additional health insurance. Just for basic things like visit to doctor, elementary health care, medicines, staying in hospital etc. The best thing will be if I go to the doctor, I don't have to pay, because health insurance covers it. If insurance company will give me back money after that, can be too. I can spend 1, 000 THB per month for this health insurance.  Which insurance company could you recommand me? 

I will be glad if you answer me,
Thank you for your time,

Daniel

Unless you work in a private school, you should already be covered by Thai Social Security which provides free medical care both in and outpatient. Youy woudl have monhtly deductions from your pay for this.

Ogtherwsie, toi get private insurance that includes outpatient care is extremely expensive and nto worth it, when you compare the premium costs of inpatient only insurance to inpt plus outpatient, the extra premium is far more than you would ever be likely to spend ion outpatient care.

You cannot get even inpatient only insurance for 1,000 baht a month. If you are under the age of 30 you can get something for around 1,500 baht a month. Of 30, more. And that is for inpatient only.

Start by fiuguring out if you are covered by Social Security. By law all employees except thsoe owrking for private schools are.

Archived