The week that was in Thailand news: The calamity that is so long a life in Thailand

rooster59

Your license plate story reminds me of a little joke I played on a colleague. 

He had brought a license plate into the engineering shop ( where we both worked, okay, attended ! ) to drill a couple of holes through the Perspex.

Job done, he placed it under his work bench until home time.

I noticed the letters DLE were first on the plate and my childish sense of humour realised that by placing an I in front would “ cleverly “ sum up his work ethic !!

6 months later his neighbour pointed out his unusual plate, luckily he didn’t get stopped and saw the funny side.

• Like 1

In my 30 or so years in the land of smiles,..I had so many songkrans in Chiang Mai, Bangkok (Nana plaza), Koh Samui, Pattaya, Sukothai, Luang Prabang, etc,...I really had a great time in most of those places, but that's it for me. I saw people (Farrangs) open car doors of slow driving cars in Chiang Mai to trow a whole bucket of water inside,...I saw a Thai Airways hostess Drive her bike to her work in full uniform been attacked by dozens of water trowing people, they acted as a pack of dogs, some were garbing her breasts,..I saw guys drive there motorbikes drunk as skunks hit people and objects,...I saw people trow buckets of ice cold water with big ice cubes in it trow it a motorbike riders, hitting them with the ice cubes in the face, I saw wounded and dead people laying on the road while other people ware taking pictures with there smart phones,..I saw so many more disgusting things I won't talk about,...If it was just the water trowing? I could live with that and I would participate with great pleasure again, but it's the feeling some of those people have that they can do everything the want or just copy from others in worse, "if he/she can do this? I can do better/worse... all unpunished !!!. I really had it, no more for me. I keep the good memory's and try to forget most of the rest..

Edited by off road pat
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, off road pat said:

In my 30 or so years in the land of smiles,..I had so many songkrans in Chiang Mai, Bangkok (Nana plaza), Koh Samui, Pattaya, Sukothai, Luang Prabang, etc,...I really had a great time in most of those places, but that's it for me. I saw people (Farrangs) open car doors of slow driving cars in Chiang Mai to trow a whole bucket of water inside,...I saw a Thai Airways hostess Drive her bike to her work in full uniform been attacked by dozens of water trowing people, they acted as a pack of dogs, some were garbing her breasts,..I saw guys drive there motorbikes drunk as skunks hit people and objects,...I saw people trow buckets of ice cold water with big ice cubes in it trow it a motorbike riders, hitting them with the ice cubes in the face, I saw wounded and dead people laying on the road while other people ware taking pictures with there smart phones,..I saw so many more disgusting things I won't talk about,...If it was just the water trowing? I could live with that and I would participate with great pleasure again, but it's the feeling some of those people have that they can do everything the want or just copy from others in worse, "if he/she can do this? I can do better/worse... all unpunished !!!. I really had it, no more for me. I keep the good memory's and try to forget most of the rest..

The original  concept  of  many things  has been buried  under new age social excuses  for mayhem everywhere. 

The sad thing is that the only defence is to  hide from it until it passes.

Sadder still is that is the process of permitting the exacerbation of the ignorance of origin and the level of  mayhem involved. Eventually  there will be  now place to  hide. 

• Haha 1

I make no excuse for ALWAYS finding a fart funny especially when it is done by a prim and proper woman during tea and buttered scones with a man of the cloth. 

I thought so you could say "More tea vicar", or "Another sweet sherry Saddam".