Jomtien beach vendors SLAMMED online! “There are no tourists because of you!”

webfact

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, webfact said:

But a deckchair vendor said it was all untrue. Wallop Ekwong, 44, said there were eight tourists - four children and four adults. 

Hold it crash bang wallop, what a stitch up! 

5 hours ago, ExpatPH said:

Employee of TOT?

Native tourists you mean?

Photos please.

Then new photos after 21 April.

Yes native tourists. Much easier on the eye than the large bodied foreigners in g strings that are usually there.

Tourists are tourists. The vendors are flat out. 

Very nice fun vibe down there, just hard to get a park.

Have you noticed lately that foreign complaints have suddenly changed to Thai complaints... 

Foreigners have had enough of Thailand and have found other locations more foreigner friendly with better pricing.

Thais are now fleecing Thais to make ends meet

Som Nom Na !!

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

Yes native tourists. Much easier on the eye than the large bodied foreigners in g strings that are usually there.

Tourists are tourists. The vendors are flat out. 

Very nice fun vibe down there, just hard to get a park.

So where were the pics ??

Definately !!....continue scamming foreigners, continue with the taxi and tuk tuk cheats, continue with all the hassles of the 90-day reporting or re-entry permit requirements,  continue Dual Pricing, continue to think all foreigners are stupid and only worth to keep for their money and one bright morning there will just be nobody left and the immigration counters at Swampy will plainly be empty.

Up to you.... :jap:

5 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Definately !!....continue scamming foreigners, continue with the taxi and tuk tuk cheats, continue with all the hassles of the 90-day reporting or re-entry permit requirements,  continue Dual Pricing, continue to think all foreigners are stupid and only worth to keep for their money and one bright morning there will just be nobody left and the immigration counters at Swampy will plainly be empty.

5555  It doesn't seem to matter what goes on in Thailand or what the Immigration police do or what the vendors do or what the policy-makers do or what Mother Nature does or what......you get the idea, people seem to keep coming, and they will continue to come until Thailand has VERY clearly gotten too xenophobic and expensive for its own good. It's heading that way, but it will still take a long time before the tourism well dries up. In the meantime, they don't see any need to change a thing. 

What is annoying at Jomtien &Pattaya beaches is as soon as a farang  sits on a rented chair or beach mat, the vendors come to you as persistent as flies being attracted to a fallen mango. The steady stream of vendors doesn’ end and the relaxation on the beach becomes an irritation. True, everyone needs to make a living but there should be a limited number of the walking “shopping mall” with legs on the beach. 

4 hours ago, toenail said:

What is annoying at Jomtien &Pattaya beaches is as soon as a farang  sits on a rented chair or beach mat, the vendors come to you as persistent as flies being attracted to a fallen mango. The steady stream of vendors doesn’ end and the relaxation on the beach becomes an irritation. True, everyone needs to make a living but there should be a limited number of the walking “shopping mall” with legs on the beach. 

It's even worse on Bali where they  wake you up if you sleep on the beach....(or pretend to sleep).

18 hours ago, RobMuir said:

It is packed down here today on Jomtien Beach. Everyone is double parked. Car parks full. The beach is full.

Tourism appears to have recovered.

it is holiday time ......thats why everywhere is full....DID YOU NOT KNOW?????

11 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Nah, the scams have been going on for decades. And tourism has been on the rise for decades to one of the most profitable in the world. So your theory doesn’t stack up to the reality.

taxis are very cheap in Thailand compared to where most of the tourists come from, 90 day reporting is a very simple form and takes about 10 minutes, dual pricing happens in all countries.

Your wishful thinking won’t happen. 99% of tourists seem to be coping quite well. Only mugs get scammed.

Me and the wife were at Jomtien beach a few years back. I had a foot massage and the wife had her nails painted. The gal asked for 1500 baht. We called the police over and she lost her lisence on the spot. Never been back.

3 minutes ago, pieeyed said:

Me and the wife were at Jomtien beach a few years back. I had a foot massage and the wife had her nails painted. The gal asked for 1500 baht. We called the police over and she lost her lisence on the spot. Never been back.

You broke the golden rule. ALWAYS ask how much first before and not after as its to late then and the police may not always be around to help you

You never went back because of some old issarn massage lady upset you? 

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

You broke the golden rule. ALWAYS ask how much first before and not after as its to late then and the police may not always be around to help you

You never went back because of some old issarn massage lady upset you? 

I would agree.  Perhaps this was the lady trying to make a rent payment etc.  There is no way she would try this on a consistent basis and it is unfair she loses her license when so many operate by overcharging.  Wrong thing to do.  The right thing to do is to ask first and not overreact after.  Only common sense.

Thais need always to blame somebody for their failure!

The best to find foreigners!

Now you learn more and more why beaches, restaurant ect, not taken over by chinese visitors, are empty!!!

I walk along Jomtien beach road regularly and I would say this high season looked busier than ever. Although I would never dream of going into the water I find sitting reading the paper or whatever a very relaxing and pleasant experience. The deckchair operators I've used have always been polite and friendly. As for the walking vendors, I feel a certain sympathy because it's a hard way to eke out a subsistence living.

On 4/15/2019 at 2:21 PM, Spidey said:

Speak to any beach chair vendor and they will tell you the same story as to why there has been a dramatic drop of in customers lately.

The drop off correlates exactly with the ban on smoking on the beach.

555. Only 7 % of people smoke! And they are a dieing breed, literally!

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:38 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

555. Only 7 % of people smoke! And they are a dieing breed, literally!

You need to provide a link to that figure (including tourists in Pattaya).

Also, smokers have friends. Usually went to the beach as part of a party of 4. Now, none of us spend the day on the beach.

I certainly don't advocate smoking but neither do I advocate pointless regulations that drive tourists away, the prime example being the illegality of vaping. According to NHS guidelines, 95% safer than smoking. I wouldn't smoke, but vape in Thailand if it were legal, absolute madness.

Archived