forgot to do my 90 day report

For the first time in about 15 years, I forgot to do my 90 day report. I am 88 years old and beginning to get a little forgetful. I normally do it at the Blue Port shopping centre in Hua Hin where it only takes a couple of minutes. I should have done it about two weeks ago. So do I get fined or not, when I do it next week.?. If so, how much ? Or will they take my age into consideration, and the fact that I am wheelchair bound? 

You could go to a clinic and get a doctor's note that you felt very unwell for the last weeks and you couldn't get out of your bed.

These officers aren't monsters, most will smile and give you a verbal warning. Considering your age, you should be fine. The worst case scenario is a 2,000 baht fine and a tiny remark in your passport. But that doesn't cause any problems when extending your stay. best of luck!

Use your phone, or PC as a reminder for the next time. You could also tell a friend to remind you when you have to go again. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The fine for late reporting is 2000 baht.

Not sure they would waive it due to your age.

I've had late reporting fine reduced with a good excuse and apology. He reduced the fine to 1,000 baht and went right to his wallet with a warning next time it will cost me 2K. I've not seen him again since. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Suitcase said:

Go once a year for your ninety day report and pay the 

2000 baht fine at the same time you do your extension.

Saves three extra trips and all that time and travel money.

It's not a bad idea. In fact, I did do this in the past because I lived a long way from an immigration department. But now it's so easy in Hua Hin and also you no longer have to fill in a form.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

There is no stigma or punishment attached. Just look and act sorry and report as normal.

Go along, dress very smartly and apologise- I did that when I was a month late at Jomtien- no fine - just a telling off and a smile .

There is no stigma or come back - you may have to pay the fine - go in with a walking stick - Thais still respect the elderly .

Dont worry 

• Like 2

This may not apply to the current poster, but in other cases the best option (if you have a re-entry permit) is to just leave the country and return. Offset the fine against the trip and you can have a 'cheap' break.

Really pathetic law, especially at this gentleman's age. :angry:

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

No you don't need a receipt in your passport. You need a next report slip.

Same thing ie proof you have done your 90 day report.

Receipt, as you used it was related to the money paid, as in the post you quoted.

So not the same thing at all.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, gamini said:

It's not a bad idea. In fact, I did do this in the past because I lived a long way from an immigration department. But now it's so easy in Hua Hin and also you no longer have to fill in a form.

You only have to bring your passport if you do it at Bluport?

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

You know exactly what I mean.

Regrettably my Cristal ball is in for repairs and my mind reading doesn't work long distance, so I have to go by what you write including the post you quoted and assume that you do mean what you have written rather than something different.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Regrettably my Cristal ball is in for repairs and my mind reading doesn't work long distance, so I have to go by what you write including the post you quoted and assume that you do mean what you have written rather than something different.

I really don't think that the terminology used by @wgdanson in this instance ranks anywhere near as high on the confusion scale as those who bang on here about "renewing their retirement visas" - and who IMHO deserve to be informed that the only course of action open to them is to make quarterly trips to Savannahket, Vientiane, etc for new real genuine McCoy visas of the single-entry non-O variety!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

No you don't need a receipt in your passport. You need a next report slip.

The piece of paper I got in my passport last time I did a 90 days reports is entitled RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION, with name, nationality, date & time.

There is also a stamp at the bottom saying notify your address again on........keep in passport.