Where to park car while staying on Kho Lan? Will I get soaked?

SantiSuk

Me+wife/kids are booked to spend a couple of nights on Kho Lan on Thursday/Friday this week. Any advice on where to park car? Prepared to pay whatever it takes, but equally no problem with street parking within 1 klick's (wet?) walk of the ferry pier if anyone cares to suggest a decent area to find street parking? If I took the cheap charlie option I assume I can at least drop family and luggage at the pier with a reasonable chance of them/it not being doused? Unfortunately we will not be able to arrive until around lunchtime and I assume Songkran will still be in semi-full swing?

Any comments addressing any of the implied questions above gratefully received.

12 year Isaan resident Brit expat with reasonable knowledge of Patts geography and getting around and some experience of a Patts Songkran. My first ever visit 12 years ago was at Songkran - my luggage was soaked (totally unexpected by me) by the time the songthaew got from Northern bus terminal to one of the Eastiny hotels in soi 7 or 8.

I know it's a bit away, but I'd park at Silver Sand Villa on Jomtien Beach, and get a transport to the ferry point. It might cost you a few hundred baht, but you'll avoid the madness! 

The hotel will organize transport if no taxis around……… ????

Many thanks for the comments people.

Can't get there early DrTuner, as I'm leaving my overnighter in Sakaeo soon at 8am. 348 over the Tha Phraya hills was a bitch last night with heavy Bangkok-bound traffic from Isaan. Normal 4 hour journey was 6!

I'll try the direct approach to Bali Hai pier first (well, maybe not so direct geographically; swing in off 331, south of its junction with 36, into Jomtien via Chaiyaphreuk 2 and Jomtien 2nd, over Pratumnak Hill down to 3rd Road - hoping that's a route non-too Songkran-infected) and suss out the car parking. I see there are a few car parks around the pier on Google maps. I have a roof box on the SUV and I doubt that the auto stacker garage will handle that (though the box can come off and store inside if there is dry space to engineer that manoeuver once the passengers are out).

You and I are both fans of Silver Sands, Bergen, as you know. That'll be my back-up if plan A doesn't work. Can change plans and stay there Saturday night to encourage a helpful response.

Archived