30 day visa exempt

are there any problems at Poi-Pet regards to getting 30 visa exempt stamp... I am thinking of driving there in the morning to cancel my non imm o marriage. Does anyone foresee any problems or would it be better to go elsewhere

Regards Brian

I think the rule is 2 land border visa exempts per year. So if you havent used that already then the rules would be on your side. However i think Poi Pet is regarded as one of the not so nice entry points in terms of staff and the sheer amount of people. Maybe better flying in and out. Or I can recommend O'Smach (Surin province) checkpoint, its so quiet. But its a few hours further north.

Avoid the Poi Pet crossing. They tell you that have to stay overnight and then may still deny entry when you return.

From Bangkok the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing in Kanchanaburi to Myanmar is the nearest and best crossing. Only a total cost of 960 baht for the crossing and no full page visa sticker in your passport

After that the Ban Laem crossing to Cambodia is good.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Avoid the Poi Pet crossing. They tell you that have to stay overnight and then may still deny entry when you return.

From Bangkok the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing in Kanchanaburi to Myanmar is the nearest and best crossing. Only a total cost of 960 baht for the crossing and no full page visa sticker in your passport

After that the Ban Laem crossing to Cambodia is good.

Thanks for that,, will i not need a visa for Myanmar though??

5 minutes ago, bootly66 said:

Thanks for that,, will i not need a visa for Myanmar though??

No visa required. You get a border pass for Myanmar. The 500 baht fee for it it is included in the 960 baht I mentioned before that includes transport across no mans land and back.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No visa required. You get a border pass for Myanmar. The 500 baht fee for it it is included in the 960 baht I mentioned before that includes transport across no mans land and back.

Thank you so much, you truly are a mine of information..... So i can drive myself, leave my truck Thai-side , over and back , done and dusted in a day??? Then back in time for a beer, I owe you one ????????????