Legal Marriage In Thailand But Is He Stilll Single In Uk?

iammelynn

This question for my husband, He is just curious about after he’s married me in Thailand, the marriage is only legal in Thailand, right. Can he marry again without divorce me first? It means that he is still single when he is stay at UK. He is at UK right now. Anybody know about this? I just don’t want my husband get into the problem if he wants to marry someone there. We have a legal marriage certificate at thailand. I don't know what will happen to him if he is just saying that he never married before. Thanks

I read the OP as asking if her marriage is legal in the UK, the last line indicates that perhaps the hubby has married before in the UK, well after reading again I am truly confused as to what the OP is asking.

need more info on this one I feel.

If you are legally married at the amphur in Thailand & then try to marry inthe UK you will be a bigamist.

Just to clarify this Boo, are you saying that if you legally marry in Thailand and register it at an Amphur and then marry again legally to the same person in the UK, for the sake of family and Friends who couldn't make the ceremony in Thailand, this is bigamy?

I'm not 100% sure but from what i understand, you just renew your vows in the ceremony. A bit like people who have been married for a long time and wish to renew their vows.

Correct me if i'm wrong jammelyn, you have also been asking questions about a uk settlement visa for yourself so you can go and be with your husband, I think what you are trying to say is if your visa application fails and you and your husband(who you married in thailand) decide that you cannot be together and split up, Is he able to carry on with his life in the uk and marry again without getting divorced from you?

I think this is what you are asking? I hope it doesn't come to this jammelyn and i wish you the best of luck with your visa.

Mark

Thanks to all for your advices. Yes, I just asked about settlement visa to UK but the things turn out wrong for me and my husband. His ex-girlfriend that was cheating on him and want my husband back. He can’t say no cuz he’s still love her. He loves me too but different way. So, I just don’t know what to do now. I told him to get back with his ex cuz I want my husband to be happy forever. I love him so much and I never think to get rid off him. I am felt down for this already. Please don’t judge us or anything. Everybody have the reason to do something. He doesn’t want to come back here and divorce me. His friend told him that he only married me at Thailand. He is still single at UK. I don’t know how to divorce him when I’m here. I just told him that UK embassy here didn’t know he was married me cuz we didn’t register any paper at UK embassy. But we did legal marriage and affirmation of freedom to marry at UK embassy. I don’t know anything about this. So, I just told him that he can marry again with his ex cus maybe he is only marry in Thailand. Hey! Sometime love is love you have to admit it if your first love want u back. My husband is a great guy so I don’t mad at him or anything. I think I have to tell my husband that he has to divorce me first before married his ex, right. Thanks for all ur help about settlement visa and non-o immigration. I don’t think I will need those information then. I got everything to file the settlement visa but when this happened. I have to drop everything right now. Thanks for read my topic guys. I know that my topic was confusing you and it was confusing me too.

P.S. My husband is still decide what he wants to do cuz he doesn't want to hurt me too. It don't matter to me anymore cuz i dicide to be with my mom and not marry again for the rest my life. I know I'm still young and I will meet someone but he is my first love and the last one. Just wish me luck with my life.

Thanks again

Jammelyn,

I'm very sorry to hear that, you both sounded very sure that you wanted to be together in the uk!

I wish you the best of luck in the future

Mark

Edited by markreed